Notice TP 52'ers 2018 Challenge. Discussion thread Week 52 see the spoiler #2351

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated Spreadsheet available here.
Let me know if I've missed any of your posts.
The 're-shoot' columns are missing. If it was obvious that it was a re-shoot, you'll have an extra tick in the column for the original theme (sorry, I'm not a google docs expert).
Dean can fix my mess when he returns from his well earned rest.

Interesting observation from the update, we've only had 1 week so far where the previous week's tally was still single figures before the first post of the following week.

The 're-shoot' columns are missing. If it was obvious that it was a re-shoot, you'll have an extra tick in the column for the original theme (sorry, I'm not a google docs expert).

Interesting observation from the update, we've only had 1 week so far where the previous week's tally was still single figures before the first post of the following week.

Nice one Tim, could I have a tick for week 16 Shadow please :)

Wonderful job Tim. Must have taken a while for this mega update. (y)

Wasn't too bad once you get on a roll.

That's brilliant Tim, thanks for doing that, its much appreciated (y)

I've now added it as a separate pinned post in the 52 section.

Brilliant, Tim - thank you! :clap:

@LC2 Just noticed; could I have a tick for week 23 - Synthentic please? It was this one.
Done - Not sure how I missed that...

Well, Dang it !!!
That's 2 weeks that didn't hit double figures before the first of the following week's images were posted.
Bizarre managed 8 before Stan got in with Wild.
So perhaps bizarrely difficult? ;)

Last edited:
So at the moment I have had the X-T3 for a few days, and I totally love it. Yes it did have a quick need of a fix in Jessops but Jake said it is an all new camera so it will take a few months to understand it all. For @LC2 @Manxmaid what I really do like is the AF is more quicker and just snaps in to place the Face/Eye detection for me is just fantastic as my night shot gigs are a breeze to lock on to the eye. Both front and rear dials feel better as you can`t accidently knock or move them the EC dial has been moved over a bit, high iso is a breeze as most of my gig shots are iso 3200 and have not used any NR at all so far. My images will now have to be edited in Capture one Pro 11 and Affinity Photo so will dump my LR6 Standalone and Elements 15 but not fussed as it`s nice to learn another editing software. I will do a better review in a few months once I crack using the X-T3.
PS: The lens mount on the X-T3 feels a lot more sturdy too as you can feel it is a tight fit with the lens on and no play at all.

Last edited:
So at the moment I have had the X-T3 for a few days, and I totally love it. Yes it did have a quick need of a fix in Jessops but Jake said it is an all new camera so it will take a few months to understand it all. For @LC2 @Manxmaid what I really do like is the AF is more quicker and just snaps in to place the Face/Eye detection for me is just fantastic as my night shot gigs are a breeze to lock on to the eye. Both front and rear dials feel better as you can`t accidently knock or move them the EC dial has been moved over a bit, high iso is a breeze as most of my gig shots are iso 3200 and have not used any NR at all so far. My images will now have to be edited in Capture one Pro 11 and Affinity Photo so will dump my LR6 Standalone and Elements 15 but not fussed as it`s nice to learn another editing software. I will do a better review in a few months once I crack using the X-T3.
PS: The lens mount on the X-T3 feels a lot more sturdy too as you can feel it is a tight fit with the lens on and no play at all.

Sounds like it's looking to be a great purchase Dave, I would love to try the fuji system out some time, I had a play with a gripped xh1 and 200mm f2 a few weeks back and I was very impressed by both body and lens. Now if sigma did fuji x mount on the 150-600..

As for editing I thought I was always going to stay with elements, but I have an extended trial of zoner photo studio, and I can't see myself going back to elements when the trial finishes.

Sounds like it's looking to be a great purchase Dave, I would love to try the fuji system out some time, I had a play with a gripped xh1 and 200mm f2 a few weeks back and I was very impressed by both body and lens. Now if sigma did fuji x mount on the 150-600..

As for editing I thought I was always going to stay with elements, but I have an extended trial of zoner photo studio, and I can't see myself going back to elements when the trial finishes.

It is going to take me a bit to learn about the X-T3 as some of the better upgrades to it are really great and must remember a few other things. C1 will be fun to learn now though, as I won`t use the adobe stuff now.

Hi Guys, It's been a while since I posted and some time since partially sucessful eye surgery. i still can't see out of one eye and the other is v. short sighted. I'm going to drop out of the 52s as I can't really use the camera with any accuracy and PP is almost impossible. I'm typing this with the screen at 200%. if all goes well (better!) I hope I may be up for it again next year. Thanks to everyone foer the helpful critiques; they really did help me. Thansk to Cobra and DK for all the hard work they've put in. Good luck everyone and enjoy your photography:)

Hi Guys, It's been a while since I posted and some time since partially sucessful eye surgery. i still can't see out of one eye and the other is v. short sighted. I'm going to drop out of the 52s as I can't really use the camera with any accuracy and PP is almost impossible. I'm typing this with the screen at 200%. if all goes well (better!) I hope I may be up for it again next year. Thanks to everyone foer the helpful critiques; they really did help me. Thansk to Cobra and DK for all the hard work they've put in. Good luck everyone and enjoy your photography:)

Sorry to read this, John. My Mum has increasing problems with her eyesight and I know how difficult it is to adjust and manage, but from what you say there is hope of an improvement so I hope you will be using your camera again soon. Good luck, and hopefully you'll be back in the 52 again next year, too :)

Thansk to Cobra and DK for all the hard work they've put in. Good luck everyone and enjoy your photography:)
Good luck for the future John, hopefully we'll see you ( no pun intended) in 2019 (y)

Fingers crossed it improves for you John

Hi john, hope you are better real soon, please let us know how things progress even if you do not come back to the 52!
All the best.
Roger

Haven't been on here for quite a few months and not really used the camera in that time either, WOS is the best place for me on the spreadsheet :LOL:

Take care John and come back when you are 100% better mate.

tick tock tick tock tick tock........

ding-a-ling-a-ling ding-a-ling-a-ling ding-a-ling-a-ling ding-a-ling-a-ling

Wakeup colbra....

Its that time on a thursday...

Driving around the lanes of Norfolkshire shire this morning,
The sun was shining, once the fog lifted, and I was thinking how
wonderful Autumn is

(Have an easy one on me (y) )

Beltin - I knew you’d Fall for that one soon :)

Driving around the lanes of Norfolkshire shire this morning,
The sun was shining, once the fog lifted, and I was thinking how
wonderful Autumn is

(Have an easy one on me (y) )

Was having a nice cold pint today and checked what the theme was after it being set, so took my Autumn shot but will still try to get a better one as sky was crap today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back