Notice TP 52'ers challenge for 2019 Discussion thread Week 52 Out takes

Were off to a good start - well done all so far! :)

I was hoping for a good sun rise so I could do "new day" but it's just cloudy.
Thinking cap back on.

I don’t have an apple mouse, just a trackpad and I can’t seem to sort the link out to my 52. I can highlights the link but cannot get it to copy as when I right click the trackpad it just de-highlights the string. help......

I don’t have an apple mouse, just a trackpad and I can’t seem to sort the link out to my 52. I can highlights the link but cannot get it to copy as when I right click the trackpad it just de-highlights the string. help......

you need to put a copy of the picture in your thread to be able to create a link to it :)

If Apple use the same as Windows, once you have it highlighted, ctrl-c will copy and ctrl-v will paste (I think that's "Command" on an apple keyboard)
If it uses the same as Linux (it is based on bsd afterall) once you've highlighted, whatever the Mac for Middle Mouse button will paste.

It looks like you are all sorted now?

With Apple Trackpad you can press the "control" key and the text to bring up the 'copy' option.

@Chenti and for any new comers to the 52 this might help you. Remember you NEED to make Your own thread too.

There seems to be a few people confused how to add their linky's to their 52's etc
posts.
This can also be used for other applications when linking various items in posts too.

1)
(#1) left click and drag to highlight, the URL in the top title bar, right click and copy.
Write the word LINKY (or something) (#5) in the reply box
left click and drag to highlight that word (LINKY).
Clicking (#6) opens the link box.
Right click and paste (#1) into the box.
Don't forget to click save.

This will link to your thread or the page of the thread you have open.
(Or any other page for that matter)

or

2)
Click the number shown in (#2)
this opens the dialogue box as illustrated.(#6)
Make sure BB code (#4) is showing and then left click > drag> highlight > right click >copy (#3)
Write the word LINKY (or something) (#5) in the reply box
left click and drag to highlight that word (LINKY).
Clicking (#6) opens the link box.
Right click and paste (#3) into the box.
Don't forget to click save.

This link will take you direct to that image displayed in that post.
Don't try and use colour for the word, the forum software automatically
will bold, italic and make the word blue, to show that its a LINKY
(As in LINKY)

linkysmall-jpg.28380

Last edited:
@Dave70D .... that’s what I used to refer me but still was confusing, hopefully will come easier as the week’s progress.

If I can remember this is How I do my Linky.

1 Open up 3 tabs have one on your thread and the other tab on the main thread for photos only.
2 Post your photo in Your thread.
3 Go to the main thread, write Linky.
4 Come back to your thread, and click on the number bottom right of your image.
5 Copy the code that shows up.
6 Go back to the main thread and click on the single chain link.
7 Paste the code in the box that shows up and then click off the highlighted bit and knock down a bit and post your shot.

Hope this helps :)

I seem to have but not sure if I’ll remember for week 2
Don't sweat it, I usually spend the first couple of weeks or so, adding linky's for people or fixing broken ones, till it becomes second nature to them :)

Not sure if this is any help for linking threads, but the way I do it is...

Post your picture and post to create post

right click on the post number for that thread , bottom right corner of reply box and click copy link address

open up new tab with the images thread and put the picture in that post

write link or something similar and highlight by clicking and dragging over the word, click the icon 7th from the left and right click and paste and click insert and post.

I no it's already posted in the other thread, but I haven't read it for ages and it can be tricky to start with, just thought I would post in case it helps.

I just *know* this will break everything in the spreadsheet and the how-tos ;)
That's the least of *our* problems :D

Two things spring to mind, ( yes we've been here before ;) )

Who remembers "Hal" and those immortal words, "will I dream Dave"?

And the Pink Floyd classic

Just a reminder to the Flickr users that there is a new group on Flickr for this year's 52 images. I just added mine and noticed that only half a dozen people have added their images so far, and it's quite nice to be able to see them all in one place:
The Official TP Class of 2019

Just a reminder to the Flickr users that there is a new group on Flickr for this year's 52 images. I just added mine and noticed that only half a dozen people have added their images so far, and it's quite nice to be able to see them all in one place:

Thank you Andrea, I totally forgot to say about that (y)

Is it Thursday yet? :(:whistle::geek:

Hadn't seen that. I have just joined and added my image.

Back