weekly TPDK's 52 of 2017 - Wk 49 to 52 Added and COMPLETE

You- works well, wish I was there too. Cloud movement looks good, more of a zoom then a smear, which I feel often spoils long exposures.

You- works well, wish I was there too. Cloud movement looks good, more of a zoom then a smear, which I feel often spoils long exposures.
Thank you David :)

I always prefer the clouds coming towards me but very rarely does it have the desired effect as I hope !! :)

That's You DK ... you're good at these and you enjoy doing it so much. (y) ... FG greenery is fab.

That's a lovely shoehorn shot for the theme. Like the low viewing angle and the distance rocky outcrop. The smooth milky water works well too. Is it a 10-stop filter you used by the bright sunlight?
Thank you Stan :)

Correct - I used a 10 stop + a 1.2 hard ND grad on an angle that covered the sky and water as they were both equally bright, that gave a bit more exposure to the rocks and seaweed :)

And as usual, posting late even though these were taken on time, I was hoping to post them up in the evenings last week but the nights flew by on work stuff - Hey Ho :)

I have 3 here to chose from, the first More prominent as to the subject with a narrow DoF and Arch on top thirds :)

Week 37 - Arch by TP DK, on Flickr

Second Shot - An arch through an arch, not so obvious but liking it still with the leading lines from the gravel :)

Week 37 - Arch 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

Thirdly - A boat house that has loads of arches on it and under it, again not obvious theme wise but liked the overall appearance on this one :)

Week 37 - Arch 3 by TP DK, on Flickr

The DoF emphasising the arch and the sense of something unseen beyond the arch in the first makes it the pick for the theme for me although the boat house makes for an interesting shot with lots of arches.

Three very good arch shots Dean and I do like them all, if I had to pick then it would be#1. I like the dof on the shot and the eye is drawn right to the arch in the BG (y)
Thank you Dave, pleased that you chose the first one too :)

The DoF emphasising the arch and the sense of something unseen beyond the arch in the first makes it the pick for the theme for me although the boat house makes for an interesting shot with lots of arches.
Cheers Chris certainly my fav of my 3 too :) :) I liked the boat house, I had to wait a while to get people out of the frame, even though it wasn't the most on theme

Loving the detail in #3. #1, the LHS draws my eye a bit too much.

Cheers.
Thank you Andy :)

Do you think it needs a tad off the LH or just toning down a tad ??

The lone Arched doorway with OOF wall FG ... nice one for the theme. But #2 gives you more.

2 for me too. I like the arch within the arch. I'm with susie on the oof shot. I would have taken a bit off the left too :exit::D

I think I'm being a bit traditional but it's #2 for me DK. the OOf one is just a bit too much ... I would have been tempted to nip a bit more off the left side but maybe that destroys the effect you were looking for o_O
Thanks Susie :)

Yes that would get rid of it, but it could be my vision is CRAP :LOL:

2 for me too. I like the arch within the arch. I'm with susie on the oof shot. I would have taken a bit off the left too :exit::D
Hhhaaaaa Thank you too Georgina, really appreciate the comment, happy to take on board and may do an edit for you ladies :) (y)

Hi DK

You - Can't go wrong with a bit of long exposure. Nicely done, I like the vibrancy of the colours in the foreground vs the almost pastel of the sea.

Arch - #2. Because main arch and 2 baby arches :) Good capture of the texture and detail throughout the whole shot.
Did you try any that threw the background (or indeed the foreground arch) arches oof? It would be interesting to see what that would have looked like from an artistic perspective (it's something i've been playing around with recently for artistic railway shots).

I like arch 2 the best because of the detail of the stone work. But the other two are very good as well:clap:

Second one for me too some really nice stone work, I do like the doorway in the first one a close up of that would of been nice I bet there is some nice detail and texture in the stone

Hi DK

You - Can't go wrong with a bit of long exposure. Nicely done, I like the vibrancy of the colours in the foreground vs the almost pastel of the sea.
Cheers Tim, couldn't agree more witht he long exposure bit :D

Arch - #2. Because main arch and 2 baby arches :) Good capture of the texture and detail throughout the whole shot.
Thank you Again mate (y)
[quoteDid you try any that threw the background (or indeed the foreground arch) arches oof? It would be interesting to see what that would have looked like from an artistic perspective (it's something i've been playing around with recently for artistic railway shots).[/QUOTE]Ahhhhh arty farty type shots, as if !! - well okay, yes I did :D

If I get time after I have editied todays snaps I will put a couple up...

I like arch 2 the best because of the detail of the stone work. But the other two are very good as well:clap:
Thank you Shirley :)

Arch
#2 for me, I would like to see it as a closer crop though. Still like it though.
Thanks too Dominic... well who would have guessed no: 2 would be more popular !! - well ME for one, I went with Mrs DK's choice of number one :LOL:

Second one for me too some really nice stone work, I do like the doorway in the first one a close up of that would of been nice I bet there is some nice detail and texture in the stone
Cheers Allan, I am pretty sure I have some like that too :)

Good selection of arches. Difficult to pick one each has its own merits.
Thank you Stan :)

So... this one was taken on time whilst I was in Devon, I just did not get around to editing and posting due to working silly hours 7 days a week ensuring a project was completed on time... a nice simple shot, a nice 'Display' of boats

Week 38 - Display

Week 38 - Display by TP DK, on Flickr

Last edited:
Quite harsh light, but a nice wide scene and who doesn't love boats bobbing along :)

Cheers.
Thanks Andy :)

I did try and brighten it a tad, do you think I went a bit too far ??

My initial idea was a long exposure which had blurred boats and a static background - now that was a BIG fail :D

Thanks Andy :)

I did try and brighten it a tad, do you think I went a bit too far ??

My initial idea was a long exposure which had blurred boats and a static background - now that was a BIG fail :D

Just a tad. I'd actually like to see the big fail as it appeals to me :)

You going to London with Lynne and me to meet Iain?

Cheers.

Just a tad. I'd actually like to see the big fail as it appeals to me :)

You going to London with Lynne and me to meet Iain?

Cheers.
Hmmm when I can get back in lightroom I will post one up :)

LONDON !!! when is that mate ?? I would love too pop along

Hmmm when I can get back in lightroom I will post one up :)

LONDON !!! when is that mate ?? I would love too pop along

Can't believe you've been told...sure it's on yen meets with mates FB thread.

It's 11 November, Lynne and I are getting he train there.

Would be good to see you there.

Cheers.

Cheers.
Not been on FB much for weeks, been working too late , I will have a look now :)

Not been on FB much for weeks, been working too late , I will have a look now :)

Cheers.
There is no date on there Andy, is it open to guests :LOL:

Does display have a hint of shoe horn :) and whilst it is a lovely harbour scene and well captured it could do with somewhere for the eye to settle.

A nice display of the boats DK, good and colourful and like the little shadows on the rocks.
Cheers Dave :)

Does display have a hint of shoe horn :) and whilst it is a lovely harbour scene and well captured it could do with somewhere for the eye to settle.
Hmmmm good point Chris, it was going to be the lighthouse and pier but the shots were not what I hoped :)

Here you go @posiview a 30 second exposure, bright sun so I think I use Big & Little stopper, dissapointingly the clouds were slow moving so didn't give the desired effect,AND the pier wasn't pin sharp either :D

Wk 38 - Display FAIL :D by TP DK, on Flickr

And next on my list...

A trip to the seaside on Sunday to get a couple of catchup shots, this I hoped fits the theme okay, I was going for bent lines and tracks (Curves) and added a bit of distortion to it too for good luck :D

Sorry, but another Panorama, it is a colour image although the sky does look grey it sure was !!! I love this old timber rollercoaster, so bracing with the sea breeze and salty air !!!

Wk 39 - Bent

Week 39 - Bent (Panorama) by TP DK, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Bent is a nice shot and on theme Dean, like the moody sky against the scaffolding and blue sheet.
Thank you Dave :)

If you look close on flickr, you will see that there is no scaffolding, that is the structure of the rollercoaster, old fashioned carpentry, covered in Tin Sheets... My company used to paint sections of this every year as they do a section before every season to freshen it up and replace the rusted bits :D - I t a tad smarter from the road side !!!

And onto the next catch up image...

Another simple and straight forward one, I generally looked out for a run down section of wall, which to be honest didn't take long !!! a section that had some character :)

Wk 41 Wall

Wk 41 - Wall by TP DK, on Flickr​

Last edited by a moderator:
Back