weekly Vanishedbob's 52 Thread 2020

I've never paused long enough in Pudsey to notice this, but that's pretty cool.
The processing and subject matter are really good.
Cool to get technique 1 out of the way in week 1.
Personally, I would clone out the lamppost and treetops (or crop to remove them, whichever you're happier with), but your image / your choice.

Thank You. I actually did consider getting shot of the lamp post but thought it fit in with the cenotaph and the Cenotaph Christmas light to make a trio of subjects. You're spot on with the tree tops though. Schoolboy error!

Great juxtaposition of the lamp post and the cenotaph! In my opinion this photo could have done with a little more brightness, but that's just my personal taste.

I'm not sure the second lamp post on the left adds anything to the photo.

Lovely image, the mist and light gives it a perfect feel. Nice composition and good for the theme.

Well spotted, David. That looks like the gloomy weather here today but it seems to add to the sombre subject matter. I agree with Tim about cropping the trees at the bottom but I can see why you left the other post on the left hand side. You're off to a good start (y)

Very well spotted :)

I like that, I agree on the lamp post, unfortunately I have spotted an appendage on the right that I now can't unsee :D

Totally drawn to this, my eyes were immediately drawn to the focal points and the mood is very fitting. defo(y)up from me.

Agree on the cloning of the extra objects, I know colour pop is overused but see limited potential for B&W conversion with the poppy??? remaining coloured. I don’t know if it’s possible with the angle and you need a higher vantage point, is there any way to capture the statue through the outlined figure?

Great shot! And wow! What a coincidence! I am from Bradford myself. Allerton to be exact. Ex Rhodesway School. But that was a long time ago. I actually left in 86, the year after the fire. I used to go and watch City quite a lot.

That looks vaguely like the walk to our local ground, Brentford (except not enough pubs :) )
It's hard to say for certain, but there is something nagging me that the shot isn't quite level (I think it's the roof of the build with ICES in the signage).
Quite a dark satanic look the the buildings. It talks of the industrial north to me.

I'm with Tim something is nagging me to, I put a grid over it and its the tall building to the left, leaning in a tad.
If you correct it the rest goes pear shaped.

I too like the gritty ooop Norff feel to it. (y)

I like that shot, very nice indeed. I love the tones in that shot.

I am sure there are many others like you who share the same pleasure walking down that street.

Nice take on the theme! Not in to football, but I used to live on the same street as the Lincoln Imps stadium and I can definitely empathise with the pleasure (and pain...) that it brings. Guessing by the lack of people that this wasn't game day?!

Love the back street with a football stadium composition. Reminds me of my student days when Coventry's ground was just round the corner of our terraced street. Nicely composed.

Thank you all for taking the time to comment. I appreciate the kind words and appreciate the critique. On to week 3.......

Good shot (see what I did there). It looks pretty deserted, I guessing it's not a match day.

Good shot (see what I did there). It looks pretty deserted, I guessing it's not a match day.
No, it was last Saturday morning. I had to call at the club shop. The team was away that day. Thankfully despite the fourth tier football we can still maintain a decent crowd for home games.

Back