weekly Viv1969's Try at 52....The Sequel....2016 Week 50, 51 & 52.... And finished

Serene: Nicely taken Ruth, nice to see the how-to as well! (y)
B&W: Piano shot for me, lovely sharp focus and the composition really works too. Nice catch light on the front face also. Good stuff!

Catching up on comments Again

Lone - Good take on the theme, and a fun shot
Fauna - Glad you survived to share the first one with us, I prefer the second and it is more on theme.
Static - I had thought of static electricity but not TV static good choice.
Game - Glad to see Egbert has cheered up maybe that nice crown you made him. Right on theme and another fun shot Good Dof.
Serene - Lovely image I agree maybe a crop off the top.
Black and White - I see what you mean about the 1st the piano keys are my favorite of the two.

The B&W piano keys are great and i like the composition angle ;)

Many thanks for commenting Chris. :)

Catching up on comments Again

Lone - Good take on the theme, and a fun shot
Fauna - Glad you survived to share the first one with us, I prefer the second and it is more on theme.
Static - I had thought of static electricity but not TV static good choice.
Game - Glad to see Egbert has cheered up maybe that nice crown you made him. Right on theme and another fun shot Good Dof.
Serene - Lovely image I agree maybe a crop off the top.
Black and White - I see what you mean about the 1st the piano keys are my favorite of the two.

Wow, Minx, thanks for taking the time to catch up! (y)

Week 36...Ancient.

Nice find Ruth, it certainty fits the theme :)

Great idea, certainly fits the theme. And excellent framing, give the photo an almost abstract quality.

Well chosen Ruth. Lovely texture and excellent off-centre composition.

Nice find Ruth, it certainty fits the theme :)

Thanks Chris. :)
It was a happy find.

Hmmmmmm now how old is that then :thinking:

Older than me, Dean, so it counts as ancient. :)

Great idea, certainly fits the theme. And excellent framing, give the photo an almost abstract quality.

Many thanks Bernd, that's what I was going for. :)

Well chosen Ruth. Lovely texture and excellent off-centre composition.

Thanks Carl...much appreciated. :)

Excellent idea for the theme, I like it

thank you Allan. :)

Week 37 - Urban

Struggled a bit to come up with something for this week.
Town I live in isn't the grittiest place on Earth. :LOL:

Last edited:
Hi Ruth. I know I kinda struggled too with this one. Trolleys are good for the theme though - they are machined and functional and so definitely related to urbanity.

Trolly's, they are seen in many an urban area,
( and rural come to that, miles away from any supermarket, I guess they must be "on their holly's" trolley's ? :coat: )

Nice idea Ruth, it suits the theme :)

Hi, Ancient, I do like a good tree stump :) I think a square crop with the centre in the, err, centre would work a well. Lovely details and I started counting the rings before I slapped myself :)

Urban, different take, box is a distraction, as is the blood spatter on the lower part of the second from left trolly :eek:

Cheers.

Last edited:
Week 38 - PAIR

Eggbert and Shelly's happy day.

Edit

Adding Reshoot for "FORGOTTEN".

Last edited:
LOL brilliant Ruth (y)

Hi Ruth. I know I kinda struggled too with this one. Trolleys are good for the theme though - they are machined and functional and so definitely related to urbanity.

Trolly's, they are seen in many an urban area,
( and rural come to that, miles away from any supermarket, I guess they must be "on their holly's" trolley's ? :coat: )

Nice idea Ruth, it suits the theme :)

Hi, Ancient, I do like a good tree stump :) I think a square crop with the centre in the, err, centre would work a well. Lovely details and I started counting the rings before I slapped myself :)

Urban, different take, box is a distraction, as is the blood spatter on the lower part of the second from left trolly :eek:

Cheers.

yes as seen here https://www.wsws.org/en/media/photos/legacy/2009sep/s10-banksy/1-banksy-cart.jpg

thank you banksy.

Ruth your trolley shot exemplifies urbanisation's regimentality, bland brickwork, odd dirty shiny thing sticking out.

Great uniformity on your part.

Hi Ruth ...I agree with d00d ....an excellent unique choice for the theme, I really like it

Many thanks guys
Still not too chuffed with the urban shot, but as ever, your kind comments are very much appreciated. :)

As long as you didn't have to shell out too much for it :coat:

Oh dear.
You go sit in the corner and think about what you did, young man. :LOL:

Aw! Ruth - they do look a happy couple. Like the subtle make-up on the chick ... I mean bride. :clap:

Great pairing, though my scrambled eggs seemed imappropriate this morning :)

Yummy though.

Steve

Black and White - I like the piano shot best out of the 2, nice and simple and you didn't even have to do a conversion :)
Ancient - theres something about the rings on trees that I love looking at, nice interpretation and well executed
Urban - I like the simplicity of this (Like most of your images)
Pair - Not sure about this one :)

Aw! Ruth - they do look a happy couple. Like the subtle make-up on the chick ... I mean bride. :clap:

Thank you Carl, I think she looks sweet. :)

Great pairing, though my scrambled eggs seemed imappropriate this morning :)

Yummy though.

Steve

Thanks Steve. I won't covey your menu to the happy couple.

Black and White - I like the piano shot best out of the 2, nice and simple and you didn't even have to do a conversion :)
Ancient - theres something about the rings on trees that I love looking at, nice interpretation and well executed
Urban - I like the simplicity of this (Like most of your images)
Pair - Not sure about this one :)

Thank you for the catch up Lee, I appreciate your taking the time. :)

Aw! Poor bunny wabbit - does look Forgotten ... more so because of the b&w treatment which suits emotion.

Back