weekly Viv1969's Try at 52....The Sequel....2016 Week 50, 51 & 52.... And finished

Camouflage, eggactly what I was going to do :exit:

I'd prefer the bulbs to be the same, but that's a minor crit.

Never thought of doing something like this. Great lateral thinking.

Cheers.

I only noticed it was an egg after seeing the colour shot!?

Very impressed, very on topic and faultless in the result. No critique from me, just a well done and although I prefer the color, the b&w is more on topic.

Well done :)

Quick catch up!
Abandoned - Love this. Really nice - only crit would possibly be to remove the tiny bits between the bricks. But that's being picky! Love minimal shots like this, nice job! Perfect fit for the theme too.
Camouflage - Great idea and really good execution - love it! (y)

Very clever idea on camouflage, I wish I could come up with something as good, really struggling with this brief. Personal I prefer the colour version but the mono one does camouflage the egg better. I think you've got the lighting spot on too. Well done

:clap: .. could win a prize for bestest of the week.

You're on form Ruth ... loving your contributions.

Thanks very much....I appreciate it :)

Happy - don't apologise, it works well and is well taken :)

Abandoned, love the composition and POV, the B&W and PP work really well also

Camo - more eggs - I love eggs and think this is clever and fun - well done :D

Thanks for looking and commenting Jon :)

Very clever Ruth - love the sense of humour ... and the artwork too. :clap:

Thanks Carl! :)

Miniature: I really like it! Bright and cheery and such a cute subject. :)

Happy: Very minimalist and clever. I like the DoF and how only the happy egg is in focus.

Abandoned: Another minimalist kind of shot, and the feeling it evokes is spot on for the theme. I like! Lovely composition and I think the B&W works well!

Camouflage: Haha, really nice. You have really good ideas and this one is just brilliant!

Loving all your photos so far. Looking forward to more!

Thank you very much for your lovely comments...much appreciated! :)

Camouflage, Eggcellent (y)
Is that a Shell suit its wearing BTW?

Clever idea Ruth, colour one for me :)

Cheers Chris :)
And "groan" at the terrible yolks. :D

Yay - the eggs return! A very clever idea - I like the colour best, it suits his happy face :)

Thanks very much! :)

For me the B&W egg is more camouflaged, nice fun photo.

I thought that too....thanks for looking and commenting. :)

Thats fab you'd never tell :)

Gaz

Tell what ;)
Thanks for looking in!

Camouflage, eggactly what I was going to do :exit:

I'd prefer the bulbs to be the same, but that's a minor crit.

Never thought of doing something like this. Great lateral thinking.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy.
I did try it with matching bulbs, but it didn't seem "quirky" enough. :)

Very impressed, very on topic and faultless in the result. No critique from me, just a well done and although I prefer the color, the b&w is more on topic.

Thanks Ian....appreciate your taking the time :)

:clap::clap: Love it Ruth .....a brilliant idea.

Cheers Susie...much appreciated! :)

Quick catch up!
Abandoned - Love this. Really nice - only crit would possibly be to remove the tiny bits between the bricks. But that's being picky! Love minimal shots like this, nice job! Perfect fit for the theme too.
Camouflage - Great idea and really good execution - love it! (y)

Thanks for your feedback.
I wish I'd removed a few of the irritating specks too now. I'll try to be a bit more dilligent! :)

Nice and funny well done, well thought out

Cheers.... :)

Very clever idea on camouflage, I wish I could come up with something as good, really struggling with this brief. Personal I prefer the colour version but the mono one does camouflage the egg better. I think you've got the lighting spot on too. Well done

Thanks a lot Jake.
I struggle with the themes too and sometimes think the shots might be a bit "out there".
I'm just winging it really! :)

Hi, can only echo what above really very good indeed, as you say above out there and winging it but it works so well

Abandoned - It's (almost) always one shoe isn't it? (Urban legend has it that ambulance crew try to leave a single shoe behind when they pick up passed out drinks - but who knows eh?)
Nice use of the diagonal lines to draw you to the shoe.
Camouflage - Haha, that made be chuckle. Excellent high key image. I wonder if you could have brought the exposure up selectively on humpty to enhance his camo?

Abandoned - Lovely shot that has a very abandoned feel about it, just the one shoe and the black and white works really well.
Camouflage - Made me smile - a super happy take on the theme. I like the black and white best.

Hi, can only echo what above really very good indeed, as you say above out there and winging it but it works so well

Thanks Allen. I am pretty happy with it.

Abandoned - It's (almost) always one shoe isn't it? (Urban legend has it that ambulance crew try to leave a single shoe behind when they pick up passed out drinks - but who knows eh?)
Nice use of the diagonal lines to draw you to the shoe.
Camouflage - Haha, that made be chuckle. Excellent high key image. I wonder if you could have brought the exposure up selectively on humpty to enhance his camo?

Thanks very much. I tried different exposures, but much higher and I started to lose detail, and my PP skills are poor at best.

Abandoned - Lovely shot that has a very abandoned feel about it, just the one shoe and the black and white works really well.
Camouflage - Made me smile - a super happy take on the theme. I like the black and white best.

Thank you very much for looking and commenting....I really appreciate it.

Weird, this is exactly how I hide my eggs at home! Funny shot, are the eggs likely to become a recurring theme?

Love that nice fun take on the theme prefer the B&W as the egg is more camouflaged.

Weird, this is exactly how I hide my eggs at home! Funny shot, are the eggs likely to become a recurring theme?
All the best people do? :D
And it's highly unlikely that this will be the last time Egbert makes an appearance!

Love that nice fun take on the theme prefer the B&W as the egg is more camouflaged.

Thank you.
I'm a bit sad I didn't have any nice white duck eggs tbh.

Oh yes, loving that, the colour image that is... the B&W just doesn't have the same impact for me, although it does appear more camouflaged, I like that you have chosen different lamps so the smilie eggy one sits in place nicely still, nice lighting and loving the curved placement of them all too - Great image (y)

Thats an usual take on the theme and I like it just for being different from the norm.

Thanks Stan.....We aim to please :)

Oh yes, loving that, the colour image that is... the B&W just doesn't have the same impact for me, although it does appear more camouflaged, I like that you have chosen different lamps so the smilie eggy one sits in place nicely still, nice lighting and loving the curved placement of them all too - Great image (y)

Thanks Dean.
My thinking behind the different bulbs was that no matter what I did, when all the bulbs were the same, Eggy stood out like a sore thumb. With different bulbs, not so much.
I'm beginning to wonder if I should have tried it with coloured bulbs too, that way keeping options open for a much more colourful image.
Next time!! :D
Thanks for commenting :)

:plus1:
Well done Ruth, great shot for the theme.

Love the B/W egg bulb loll very clever.(y)

Thank you Michael...Much appreciated!
:plus1:
Well done Ruth, great shot for the theme.

Cheers Paul, glad you liked it :)

Well done Ruth on two very good images for the last two themes, no crit on either image. I think your take on camouflage may just be my favourite for this theme.

Aw thanks Mandy.
I'm determined not to take the challenge too seriously this time :)

Ruth, loving the light egg, ha-ha quality take on the camouflaged theme, prefer the B&W

Week 7....DANGEROUS

Edit....Added a second shot for the fun of it.

Last edited:
I used to do lines at school but never ones like these thank goodness. Nicely thought out and composed - like the lighting and reflections. :clap: (Can I borrow your prop ... the rolled tube not the out-of-date card).

Last edited:
ahh the start of an evening out for me a good few years ago , nice clear sharp pic bang on theme :wideyed:

All of the above, Ruth. Nice and sharp and the lighting and reflection is spot on. Well done.

Catching time!

Camouflage is fab - a brilliant idea perfectly executed. Lighting, PP work (if any) all spot on. Composition really works too and the smile just adds ... bravo!

Dangerous is nicely on theme and you've done really well to make the various elements work without seeming set up. Lighting and use of reflection is top notch. A superbly executed idea and shot.

Wow your photos are great!

You been powdering your nose ruth, love it great take well set out well taken well...........on theme .....didnt you have a fifty

Thanks Wally....How would I snort the coke with a 50 pence coi......Ohhhhh I get ya ;) :D

I used to do lines at school but never ones like these thank goodness. Nicely thought out and composed - like the lighting and reflections. :clap: (Can I borrow your prop ... the rolled tube not the out-of-date card).

That must have been some school Carl! :eek:
Thanks for commenting :D

Cracking shot for dangerous Ruth, love everything about it, the colours,compo. Bravo, now where's my gold stars :)

Thanks Nigel. I'm having fun so far :)

I like dangerous, great idea for the theme, well executed

Many thanks Chris :)

Dangerous. Fab! Really well executed !!!

Gaz

Executed got me thinking about a second shot :LOL:
Many thanks!!

ahh the start of an evening out for me a good few years ago , nice clear sharp pic bang on theme :wideyed:

Ooooh...Can we expect memoirs? :D
Thanks for commenting.

All of the above, Ruth. Nice and sharp and the lighting and reflection is spot on. Well done.

Always appreciated Ian, Thank you :)

Catching time!

Camouflage is fab - a brilliant idea perfectly executed. Lighting, PP work (if any) all spot on. Composition really works too and the smile just adds ... bravo!

Dangerous is nicely on theme and you've done really well to make the various elements work without seeming set up. Lighting and use of reflection is top notch. A superbly executed idea and shot.

Wow your photos are great!

Wow, thanks very much Paul!! :) :)

Brilliant dangerous shot - so sharp and well composed - nice use of lines for lead in purpose, too! What surface did you use for such sharp reflections?

Thanks for commenting Emma....I appreciate it. :)
The surface is a plain old large mirror tile, kept for just such...emergencies ;)

PMSL

Great interpretation Ruth nice reflections, nice and sharp too (y)

Thanks for dropping in Chris. :)

Thankfully Ruth I don't have the faintest idea about drugs ....I once found some folded silver foil in my sons bedroom and thought he was maybe 'doing drugs' only to unwrap it to find the remains of his Mr Kipling bakewell tart :) love those sharp reflections in the first shot .....really very nicely done.

Liking both your danger shots! First one is a unique take on the theme and very well-executed. :) I love the mirrored base. Makes the whole thing look more dangerous, somehow! Second photo makes me wince. Nicely composed and lovely bright colour!

Abandoned - Really nice minimalist shot. Works well with the bricks.
Camouflage - clever idea, I prefer the black and white for the theme.
Danger - both images are really good. Great lighting, set-up and reflections on the first one. #2 the red is great, so vivid, what did you use for it?

Thanks David....Much appreciated.

Thankfully Ruth I don't have the faintest idea about drugs ....I once found some folded silver foil in my sons bedroom and thought he was maybe 'doing drugs' only to unwrap it to find the remains of his Mr Kipling bakewell tart :) love those sharp reflections in the first shot .....really very nicely done.

Believe me Susie, I'm not familiar with them either!!
Movie influence.

Liking both your danger shots! First one is a unique take on the theme and very well-executed. :) I love the mirrored base. Makes the whole thing look more dangerous, somehow! Second photo makes me wince. Nicely composed and lovely bright colour!

Thank you Sheylara....Uncomfortable is exactly what I was aiming for.

Abandoned - Really nice minimalist shot. Works well with the bricks.
Camouflage - clever idea, I prefer the black and white for the theme.
Danger - both images are really good. Great lighting, set-up and reflections on the first one. #2 the red is great, so vivid, what did you use for it?

Thanks for the catch up Steve :)
The "blood" is just glycerine and food colour.

Back