weekly Wallyboys 52 for 2016, CELEBRATION ADDED

Artificial - 1 very colourful
- 2 certainly on theme
Personal - good choice for the theme nice set up and good sharp image

Hi Walter

The Personal music player is good for the theme, could do with a clean tho. :exit:

The Beatles poster makes the perfect backdrop. (y)

Hi Walter

Like both of your images for Artificial love the colours and details in the flowers but I think the light is the one for me simply because it's a bit different.

Lovely take on personal nice composition and great colours

Nice take on the theme, good music too!

Good choice for Personal Walter, especially as 60's music is my era :) my OH loves the Beatles and plays them all the time, the composition works with the splash of colour from the music book.

Great choice for personal - nice to mix the traditional and new ways of listening to your favourite songs.

Artificial - 1 very colourful
- 2 certainly on theme
Personal - good choice for the theme nice set up and good sharp image

Hi Walter

The Personal music player is good for the theme, could do with a clean tho. :exit:

The Beatles poster makes the perfect backdrop. (y)

Like your idea for Personal. Nice composition and the inclusion of the poster too.

Hiya Walter - good lighting on that ipod: spot on for me. Nice take for the theme and always good to see something slightly different (y)

:agree: with the comments above, great idea for the theme,

Hi Walter

Like both of your images for Artificial love the colours and details in the flowers but I think the light is the one for me simply because it's a bit different.

Lovely take on personal nice composition and great colours
Thanks for comments, much appreciated, I thought the Book would make a nice BD,

Me and the other half out this morning on our Bikes, believe me she puts a lot of EFFORT in Riding the bike,
not the sharpest pic, she didn't know I took it till we got home,
It was a brainwave of magnitude for the challenge, at the last moment,:D
effort riding.jpg

Last edited:
Ha ha - like the story behind the pic Walter. Nice scene with all that fresh air and effort cycling down a lovely country lane on a lovely sunny day. Like the composition with the road disappearing into the distance. :clap:

Nice composition Walter, almost to a vanishing point.

Had a similar idea today watching some mountain bikers, nice story and a good fit for the theme.

Excellent shot for personal, your music library not much is more personal than that.

Effort, fits the brief, well, it always takes a lot of effort for me to cycle anyway. Well composed with the road bending away at the bottom. I don't mind the small image of the rider, but probably would prefer them to be cycling towards.

It has leading lines, and you've captured her in the light, but as she's the point of interest in the shot I would have preferred her to be larger in the frame.
As Steve says, cycling towards you may have been better too, but as it was an unplanned snap rather than a set up shot, that wasn't going to be achievable.

Great choice for Personal, and combining the 2 types of medium works really well.

Definitely an inspired shot for Effort. Cycling may be enjoyable but it takes a lot of Effort and you soon realise there aren't any roads without an incline of some kind ;)

Great composition and I like the fact that the cyclist is further into the image as it gives more of an impact to the theme of Effort (y)

Nice compo, but doesn't say effort to me, I'm afraid. o_O

Liking your effort image Walter. The shadows add a lot to me, gives a added sense of distance for all her effort

HI Walter great idea for Effort I like the leading lines pulling your eye towards your wife and beyond

Ha ha - like the story behind the pic Walter. Nice scene with all that fresh air and effort cycling down a lovely country lane on a lovely sunny day. Like the composition with the road disappearing into the distance. :clap:

Nice composition Walter, almost to a vanishing point.

Had a similar idea today watching some mountain bikers, nice story and a good fit for the theme.

Hi Walter definitely a 'brainwave of magnitude' :) I really like it, smashing composition, I like the way that Mrs W is disappearing into the far distance. Very well done to her too, you suddenly find hills that never exisited before when you ride a bike.

Well caught and quick thinking on your part too. Like the composition with the vanishing point at the intersection thirds.

Yes works well.NIce framing too.

Gaz

Excellent shot for personal, your music library not much is more personal than that.

Effort, fits the brief, well, it always takes a lot of effort for me to cycle anyway. Well composed with the road bending away at the bottom. I don't mind the small image of the rider, but probably would prefer them to be cycling towards.

It has leading lines, and you've captured her in the light, but as she's the point of interest in the shot I would have preferred her to be larger in the frame.
As Steve says, cycling towards you may have been better too, but as it was an unplanned snap rather than a set up shot, that wasn't going to be achievable.

Nice composition and lines in this Walter - I bet you had to cycle hard to catch up after this!

Great choice for Personal, and combining the 2 types of medium works really well.

Definitely an inspired shot for Effort. Cycling may be enjoyable but it takes a lot of Effort and you soon realise there aren't any roads without an incline of some kind ;)

Great composition and I like the fact that the cyclist is further into the image as it gives more of an impact to the theme of Effort (y)

Nice compo, but doesn't say effort to me, I'm afraid. o_O

Liking your effort image Walter. The shadows add a lot to me, gives a added sense of distance for all her effort

Hi Walter... good idea, only thing for me which would make it a lot stronger is to have her cycling towards (rather than away from) you...

Composition is otherwise good though - good use of thirds.

HI Walter great idea for Effort I like the leading lines pulling your eye towards your wife and beyond
s

Thanks for comments as always much appreciated, i didnt get a clout from the guvnor for putting it on so alls good.

I wanted the wife to hold controller next to quad while hovering, to show the technology of neutral stick movement, she wasn't keen on that so here's my offering this week, as you can see full of technology.

image.jpeg
I agree to show technology it needed movement,
dji d.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Walter. Yes definitely crammed with hi tech gadgetry. Wouldn't mind having a shot at one or at least getting aerial shot with the camera. Nicely themed.:clap:

Hi Walter.
On theme but it feels like a bit of a snapshot to me, the composition doesn't do it justice. Now if it had been flying, with some blur to the props (or even on the ground with the props spinning and blurred) then I think it would have been a stronger shot.

Technology is 100% on topic, but agree with Tim (hypocritically as I'm way behind you so shouldn't really say anything). My wife would refuse to be any shots as well so I can understand your difficulty there also.

The effort shot was a sneaky one as well. Bet you had to do the washing up that night :D

Plenty of technology in there, good idea for the theme. Ikeep thinking about getting a drone myself but it keeps slipping down the list

Walter, that's pretty cool.....can I have a go?

no idea what you where talking about "neutral stick movement" but would love to have a go who wouldn't, its a bit static as mentioned but all the elements are there

Hi Walter.
On theme but it feels like a bit of a snapshot to me, the composition doesn't do it justice. Now if it had been flying, with some blur to the props (or even on the ground with the props spinning and blurred) then I think it would have been a stronger shot.

Echoes my thoughts precisely. But you're up-to-date unlike me so who am I to criticise?!

Effort - nice shot right on theme.
Technology - Nice bit of kit but agree with previous comments.

Technology - both are good photos but I prefer the flying on the best, good choice of SS and sharpness is really spot on.

Back