weekly Yvette's 52 for 2020

Loving the rainbow effect. How did you achieve it?

This was organised at a practical for our camera club. Put the forks ( or anything) on a polarised light source. Use a polarising filter on your lens. We used an old ( non led) screen. But you could use a light box, and put a polarising sheet on it. It was very interesting. I’m not very technical so I had to ask the guy who did it!

Reactions: LC2
Like the tight crop and the DOF you have used.

I too like a bit of rust. A pretty good composition, but I'd like to see a little more space above. I do like the more modern looking wheels, mixed in with the older stuff.

Nice discarded shot. It's all about that big X

I really like the big old rusty wheels.
But like Tim, no so keen on the more modern pushchair wheels
Fits the theme nicely though

Tools - very colourful, and clever.
Discarded - Great find for the theme, the pushchair wheel to indicate the size of the larger ones.

That's a super idea and subject for Tools, Yvette, and thanks for explaining how it was created. I'd love to try that at our club!

Rust is always a good colour and texture in photographs so the big wheels are a bit hit for me , and I like the contrast of the smaller wheels on the abandoned pushchair. Well done spotting that scene and getting it posted so quickly!; I'm still thinking

Right on theme. Nicely composed and good dof. Not sure if I find the puddle slightly distracting but then it's framed by the wheel.

Set nice set to date. Really like discarded, caught the topic spot on.

Really like the varied rusty wheels in discarded but I think the puddle is a bit distracting.

Nicely composed love the rusty wheels as others have said it's a shame that the pushchair spoils the image slightly.

Hi Yvette,
Quite a few discarded items there by the looks of it, love the texture in the rust.

Great shot for tools, superb colours, discarded works well too, nicely framed.

It's lovely. The exposure is spot on, the pose is good too. My only little gripe is, I'd like to see the horses eye, they are very expressive.

Lovely shot Yvette, great light and overall scene. Was it a natural light shot?

An interesting choice of angle, I’m also taking the regimented straight on approach, maybe I need to investigate alternative options.
The link on the main feed for this image appears to only be text and not “clickable”

An interesting choice of angle, I’m also taking the regimented straight on approach, maybe I need to investigate alternative options.
The link on the main feed for this image appears to only be text and not “clickable”

Oh dear. ....I shall try and rectify that tomorrow...

I can see I'm going to have some competition this year for people shots, I absolutely love this image.
The lighting and execution are spot on and you've captured a feeling in the picture, not simply a pose :clap: fantastic.

Really like this shot, great people shot which you rarely see on the 52.

I`ll put this in so you can have a look at How to on the LINKY.

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/tutorials/adding-a-linky-to-your-post-or-page.109/

The gorilla is wild for sure, and a great shot too.

Thanks, again!

This gorilla was a member of the Hirwa family group in Rwanda, they drifted over the mountains into DRC, and Uganda. This group is the one on the news yesterday, where four of them were apparently struck by lightening and killed. It is so very sad. Magnificent creatures.

Thanks, again!

This gorilla was a member of the Hirwa family group in Rwanda, they drifted over the mountains into DRC, and Uganda. This group is the one on the news yesterday, where four of them were apparently struck by lightening and killed. It is so very sad. Magnificent creatures.

Yes I read on the News about 4 of them being killed by lightening, very sad indeed.

Back