weekly Cobra's epic fail for 2015, week 52 A Christmas shoe horn and done :)

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
OK practice run :)
Those that know my "style" from the zoo section,
will know that I never take things to seriously or literally.
And hopefully the theme will continue with this.

So here we have it, "Patterns"
Paul Simon wrote a song years ago, called patterns,
and in it he mentions "Like the pieces of a puzzle"

52-practice-run
by Chris-the-falconer, on Flickr

Oh and just in case there was any doubt ;)

IMG_1601a
by Chris-the-falconer, on Flickr

Last edited:
OMG !!! You posted a photo in the 52 :jawdrop:
Quick someone get that man a drink :D

Theme wise it works well for me, and I like the placement of the odd couple of pieces, looks well lit and the gaps are a nice bright white... surly things can only go downhill from here :D
Thanks Dean :)
and yep, down hill all the way from here, mate,
its often said that I "peak" too early :D

:woot: One week down !!!
Careful . . . you'll be losing that prime spot on the wall of shame soon :p

First off, well done on the jigsaw thingy.
I did actually try that once and then completely lost patience when it didn't turn out like I expected it to so hats off to you for getting it right and picking the right missing pieces so that they don't distort the image.
And secondly, that's a pretty impressive tiger photo underneath the jigsaw too (y)

I really like that you've thought about the lyrics of a song to inspire your idea, which I think has worked well. Not sure about your taste in music though :p

Hi, fits the theme on a number of levels. Good start.

Just to add, the first few weeks of the TP52 can be mental, trying to comment on 80+ submissions can be very taxing. What I intend to do is for the first few weeks comment on what I consider to be the best submission for the previous month. Once numbers dwindle, which they unfortunately will, I'll comment on more. Of course, I would not expect you to comment on all my submissions (y)

Cheers.

:woot: One week down !!!
Careful . . . you'll be losing that prime spot on the wall of shame soon :p
Yeah and still 52 to go :p
As for that top spot, nope its mine and I'm hanging in on to it :D
First off, well done on the jigsaw thingy.
I did actually try that once and then completely lost patience when it didn't turn out like I expected it to so hats off to you for getting it right and picking the right missing pieces so that they don't distort the image.
And secondly, that's a pretty impressive tiger photo underneath the jigsaw too (y)
Thanks Sarah, much appreciated (y)

I really like that you've thought about the lyrics of a song to inspire your idea, which I think has worked well.
Thanks Mike (y)
Not sure about your taste in music though :p

:D

Hi, fits the theme on a number of levels. Good start.

Just to add, the first few weeks of the TP52 can be mental, trying to comment on 80+ submissions can be very taxing. What I intend to do is for the first few weeks comment on what I consider to be the best submission for the previous month. Once numbers dwindle, which they unfortunately will, I'll comment on more. Of course, I would not expect you to comment on all my submissions (y)
Cheers.
And again, Thanks Andy. (y)
(I'm Chris BTW)

I'd thought about that very thing too, and thought that I'd comment on the ones that
caught my eye, good or bad, once this kicks off for real :)

At least two patterns in this one, the jigsaw and the tiger image; I like tigers, not too fond of jigsaws (take too long). Good start.

You're now set up for the next 52 weeks.
52 weeks? I thought this was a one off?
Have I stumbled into the wrong thread again? :D

My football team used to have a very skilful player called Andy Clarke. He earned the nickname of Jigsaw because he went to pieces in the box!! Sorry just thought you'd like that little joke! Great idea about the Tiger. Like it.

My football team used to have a very skilful player called Andy Clarke. He earned the nickname of Jigsaw because he went to pieces in the box!! Sorry just thought you'd like that little joke! Great idea about the Tiger. Like it.
LOL and thanks Clive :)

At least two patterns in this one, the jigsaw and the tiger image; I like tigers, not too fond of jigsaws (take too long). Good start.
Sorry Martin I thought I'd acknowledged your post.

I don't like jigsaw's either tbh.
Mind you the amount of faffing in PS it probably would have been easier to
do the real thing :D

Thanks for dropping by (y)

Never mind all that faffing around in PP I just luuurve the tiger shot with its great camouflage pattern......

Welcome to the House of Fun......

Never mind all that faffing around in PP I just luuurve the tiger shot with its great camouflage pattern......

Welcome to the House of Fun......
LOL & Thanks Jill :)

Welcome along to the nutty corner, I am certain that you will fit in well here lol. And it looks like your off to a great start with the practice theme well done.
Thanks Mandy on both counts :D

Like the idea. Look forward to seeing some more of your "faffing around in PS" ;)
Cheers Lee (y)
Not sure about more faffing tho, that *may* have been a one off,
Who knows :D

Nice one sir. Great image as a base and the jigsaw effect is very well applied - as Dean (I think) said above, it's that much stronger for the missing & moved pieces.

Part of me thinks adding the jigsaw on top of such a lovely picture is a shame, but then it fits the theme perfectly now, so I guess that has to overrule.

Nicely done and some great PP. Good start - looking forward to your other 56 submissions (remember the four reshoots ;) )...

Nice one sir. Great image as a base and the jigsaw effect is very well applied - as Dean (I think) said above, it's that much stronger for the missing & moved pieces.
Part of me thinks adding the jigsaw on top of such a lovely picture is a shame, but then it fits the theme perfectly now, so I guess that has to overrule.
Nicely done and some great PP. Good start -
Thank you kindly Paul (y)
I was in two minds as to whether of not to let the "Stripes alone"
be the pattern, but then I thought "no, that's too easy" :D

looking forward to your other 56 submissions (remember the four reshoots ;) )...
Bugger! I'd forgotten about those thanks for reminding me :D

Hi there :).... I'm trying to hop into everyone's thread if I can, although it will probably be impossible every week ...smashing original idea for the jigsaw and I love the original shot.
Cheers Susie, (y)
I'm trying to drop by everyone that starts too,
but as the weeks go it it will be more and more difficult for everyone,
as long as we all do a few, here and there, and no one feels left out in the cold, then that's all that matters :)

Lovely image of the tiger Chris, I actually like the puzzle effect, which I gave a try on a pic of mine after seeing you post it the other day. Works great. A great start.
Cheers Michael (y)
I did see yours too,
a bit of a faff aren't they? but satisfying (Eventually :D )

Little bit of animal magic going on there - you can't beat a fluffy faced cute killer and the PP is done really nicely

Little bit of animal magic going on there - you can't beat a fluffy faced cute killer and the PP is done really nicely
Cheers Ferg (y)

SAY WHAT!! You are really going to do this? The whole 53? Really? You know that means you might have to point a camera at something other than zoo animals right? It will also mean you can't leave your camera drip drying for a month after a sensor cleaning session? :runaway:

Not a bad start, not bad.... ;)

SAY WHAT!! You are really going to do this? The whole 53? Really? You know that means you might have to point a camera at something other than zoo animals right? It will also mean you can't leave your camera drip drying for a month after a sensor cleaning session? :runaway:
Not a bad start, not bad.... ;)
1) Dean put me straight to the top of the fail leader board, so I already "won" something anyway :D
2) Don't be too sure about the zoo thing, there is an animal for every occasion :D
3) in *that* thread, I did dry it out in the microwave didn't take long at all :D

Cheers Yvonne (y)
I kinda got roped into this and I'm still not sure how, but I'm gonna give it a go anyway :)

Reactions: Yv
:LOL:

Slightly more seriously, good luck and have fun doing it Chris (y)
Thanks Yvonne, as above, I'm not sure I'll stay the distance,
but I'll give it a bloody good go. (y)

Hey if it keeps you out of OOF I'm all for it :D

Very strong patterns in the original image and I like the jigsaw effect.

i have tried this technique and failed. Nice shot for the theme, great start.

The competition has began. See you in week 1 maybe. Loving the jigsaw effect

Last edited by a moderator:
Back