weekly Posiview's TP52 2015. Week 52 Christmas added and FINISHED :)

Inelegant ... clever, especially following on from Elegant. (y)

Watery ... oh yes very good ... was kinda waiting for you to post that (y) Shame about the reflection but can't be avoided ... I think. Do you think Man Ray used glue?

Ok...so that's one idea tossed in the bin :LOL:....NEXT!

Great shot though. ..interpretation spot on.

Spot on Andy (y)

And #1 just has the edge (sorry about the pun :D ) for me.

Inelegant ... clever, especially following on from Elegant. (y)

Watery ... oh yes very good ... was kinda waiting for you to post that (y) Shame about the reflection but can't be avoided ... I think. Do you think Man Ray used glue?

Ok...so that's one idea tossed in the bin :LOL:....NEXT!

Great shot though. ..interpretation spot on.

Great shot Andy. Bang on theme

Love the detail within the eye... Shame about the reflection.

Spot on Andy (y)

And #1 just has the edge (sorry about the pun :D ) for me.

Sorry, Viv :)

So, the reflections. I actually emphasise the reflection in the tear to give it more definition.

I don't mind the catchlight I the eye, however, to remind it should I move the flash further away and change the power?

Cheers.

Watery - a very good interpretation of the theme, lovely detail in the eye.

Thanks, Mandy.

Beautifully lit Andy, you have caught the 'tear' nicely, and the detail is excellent and DoF bang on, no crit from me (y)

Oh yes, flicking back and forth on flickr.... I actually really like the narrow white border

You think the tear isn't real??

I am hard core :)

Thanks, Mandy.

You think the tear isn't real??

I am hard core :)
Haaaa well my initial thought was it looked real, but as i studied it i decided it was too much for a real tear unless you had poked her with a stick... and you ain't going to get away with that, not in your house :D

Haaaa well my initial thought was it looked real, but as i studied it i decided it was too much for a real tear unless you had poked her with a stick... and you ain't going to get away with that, not in your house :D

True. Good ol' glycerine..which Isabelle decided to mix with food colour and baking powder in a sealed container.....it made a nice bang...and I had to clean up he blooming mess :arghh:

Oh yes i definitely like watery - did you really make her cry ? or was it tap water/glycerine ?

Watery (y)
Great work Andy, a clever interpretation of the theme.
I love the catchlight in Isabelle's eye, echoed in the tear drop.
Fantastically sharp too, there's a real sparkle in the eye.

Bloomin 'eck...seems like an age since I was last here "!

Companions..............yup , the light was pants.....like the duotych ( or whatever it's called !)...mono was the only way to go (y)

elegant......I shall gloss over both of those :LOL:

Watery..........brilliant idea, excellent focus & a big well done to Isabelle for modelling yet again ....:clap: Only one minor niggle.........the water droplet needed to start in the corner of her eye or maybe fro the middle of the lower lash area :exit:

watery - I love that, great idea and can't fault the shot

Thanks (y)

Watery (y)
Great work Andy, a clever interpretation of the theme.
I love the catchlight in Isabelle's eye, echoed in the tear drop.
Fantastically sharp too, there's a real sparkle in the eye.

Cheers, Iain, and Isabelle forgot to collect her salary for this one :)

Bloomin 'eck...seems like an age since I was last here "!

Companions..............yup , the light was pants.....like the duotych ( or whatever it's called !)...mono was the only way to go (y)

elegant......I shall gloss over both of those :LOL:

Watery..........brilliant idea, excellent focus & a big well done to Isabelle for modelling yet again ....:clap: Only one minor niggle.........the water droplet needed to start in the corner of her eye or maybe fro the middle of the lower lash area :exit:

Cheers, @blondie606 I was beginning to think you'd gone off me :)

Yeah, the tear. I wanted to get closer to the corner of Isabelle's eye, where the tear duct is, but she gets very fidgeting and I was concerned that she's sue me if I poked her on the eye with the dropper :)

Cheers all.

(Diptych :))

Hi Andy, nice idea and as usual well executed, prefer the one with the border the square reflection has already been mentioned

Watery - I've never met her but I hate her already - where did she get those eyelashes :mad:

No crit at all from me sir - definitely hits the spot (y)

Heh, the super large Flickr version is awesome!

Am curious as to why you didn't think it was "working" in terms of the Man Ray homage. Slightly different angle and a B&W conversion and you're there.. But looking at this shot, I think it would benefit from an "expression" to the eye if you know what I mean. Wide-eyed, or squinty-eyed or sad-eyed... As an "eye study" it works really well though (esp the super large version!).

Hi Andy, nice idea and as usual well executed, prefer the one with the border the square reflection has already been mentioned

Yep, watery works for me Andy, good shot.

Phil

Great watery eye shot, Andy. Spot on focus and very sharp too. I had similar idea too but just don't have a willing model or one with beautiful eyes like her's.

Watery - I've never met her but I hate her already - where did she get those eyelashes :mad:

No crit at all from me sir - definitely hits the spot (y)

Heh, the super large Flickr version is awesome!

Am curious as to why you didn't think it was "working" in terms of the Man Ray homage. Slightly different angle and a B&W conversion and you're there.. But looking at this shot, I think it would benefit from an "expression" to the eye if you know what I mean. Wide-eyed, or squinty-eyed or sad-eyed... As an "eye study" it works really well though (esp the super large version!).

Thanks, all, I rather like the catchlights, but I'm goingto have a go at removing them in post to see what it looks like.
@Harlequin565 I did anothe Man Ray, link in the thread with the Watery post in. It just didn't look right. I think mainly because Isabelle is a child her facial proportions didn't look right.

Yup, them are some belting eye lashes, not that she'll be batting them at anyone soon :bat:

Cheers.

Hi Andy, I've been looking at your scenic shot, I have to say it is lovely. Do you use a grey card for WB? When I did my scenic shot I set the WB using a grey card. The light will always be warmer during the golden hour so by adding more by shooting on a cloudy WB will make it even warmer. When I am shooting at sunset here in Cyprus I avoid cloudy WB like the plague as people look like tangerines and I need a lot of PP to sort it out! Feel free to ignore me if others have already given expert advice.

Loving the toilet humour for elegant, we have Viz next to our toilets!!!

Watery, oh dear, poor Isabelle did you poke her to make her cry? Lol, you do well to get her to pose, after so many years of doing the 52's I thought she may have gone on strike by now!

Hi Andy

Elegant - brilliant, just "strike a pose" as the song says!

Watery - a great idea well executed, no crit but just wonder what a mono conversion would look like
:)

Hi Andy, I've been looking at your scenic shot, I have to say it is lovely. Do you use a grey card for WB? When I did my scenic shot I set the WB using a grey card. The light will always be warmer during the golden hour so by adding more by shooting on a cloudy WB will make it even warmer. When I am shooting at sunset here in Cyprus I avoid cloudy WB like the plague as people look like tangerines and I need a lot of PP to sort it out! Feel free to ignore me if others have already given expert advice.

Loving the toilet humour for elegant, we have Viz next to our toilets!!!

Watery, oh dear, poor Isabelle did you poke her to make her cry? Lol, you do well to get her to pose, after so many years of doing the 52's I thought she may have gone on strike by now!

Hi, Marsha @The goblin I have a grey card but never use it. I set for auto WB and adjust in post. I'm trying to use the 'correct' WB for the scene so I can see it 'in camera'.

Isabelle is wonderful. It often costs me, though :)

Cheers.

Hi Andy

Elegant - brilliant, just "strike a pose" as the song says!

Watery - a great idea well executed, no crit but just wonder what a mono conversion would look like
:)

Thanks, Hazel, mono, now there's a though (y)

Cheers.

Hi Andy, sorry it's taken me so long to catch up with everyone's threads... for what it's worth, I really wanted to drop into yours but thought it better to wait when I could comment properly.

Scenic - what a beauty for that first image. Lovely light and maybe a touch of blowing but hey ho. Still looks lovely. Light really is everything, isn't it?! Awesome :clap:

Companions - a unique take for sure! Processing works but personally I'm rarely a fan of diptychs... yours has nearly converted me!

Elegant - I reckon a shallower DOF would work well here. We know its a loo, so putting it OOF and just nailing focus on the magazines would work even better here for me...

Watery is just stunning. Either/or would work for me... magical. Now you just need to get yourself a medium format camera so you can capture such a beautiful image with even more detail and print it REALLY BIG! :p All joking aside, it's really lovely and perfectly lit, composed and processed. Top top job!

Hi Andy, sorry it's taken me so long to catch up with everyone's threads... for what it's worth, I really wanted to drop into yours but thought it better to wait when I could comment properly.

Scenic - what a beauty for that first image. Lovely light and maybe a touch of blowing but hey ho. Still looks lovely. Light really is everything, isn't it?! Awesome :clap:

Companions - a unique take for sure! Processing works but personally I'm rarely a fan of diptychs... yours has nearly converted me!

Elegant - I reckon a shallower DOF would work well here. We know its a loo, so putting it OOF and just nailing focus on the magazines would work even better here for me...

Watery is just stunning. Either/or would work for me... magical. Now you just need to get yourself a medium format camera so you can capture such a beautiful image with even more detail and print it REALLY BIG! :p All joking aside, it's really lovely and perfectly lit, composed and processed. Top top job!

@pjm1 Hi Paul thanks very much for the feedback really appreciate it. Just on scenic there are no blown highlights on the photograph, but I knowit look like there are.

Medium format camera, I really do want one. I've got a cheap there Pentax FM recently which is Film and I really enjoy using it.

Cheers.

Your watery shot could be excellent if it wasn't for the reflection on the eye. I really love this image and fits the theme perfectly.

@Steven001, thanks for the feedback Stephen if you look up to 3 posts there is an edit of the eye I did.

Although it's an interesting photograph I think I prefer the original.

Cheers

@Steven001, thanks for the feedback Stephen if you look up to 3 posts there is an edit of the eye I did.

Although it's an interesting photograph I think I prefer the original.

Cheers

Hiya Andy, It's no good hiding I found you in the end!

I also prefer the original, I think the reflection adds a bit of reality somehow.

I've been impressed by your submissions so far this year, your ability to continue to create compelling images each week is very impressive. For me companions 2 is great, but your underwear shot was pants! :D

:cow:

Hiya Andy, It's no good hiding I found you in the end!

I also prefer the original, I think the reflection adds a bit of reality somehow.

I've been impressed by your submissions so far this year, your ability to continue to create compelling images each week is very impressive. For me companions 2 is great, but your underwear shot was pants! :D

:cow:

@Brian_of_Bozeat , evening old chap, how the devil are you :)

Thanks for the feedback. I, too, prefer the original.

With that joke, you should be on TV...............as static .........bazinga :D

Cheers.

That's bloody lovely Andy :clap:

I'm a little bit jealous because if I'd been playing that's exactly what I would have wanted to do for watery, but I doubt I could have pulled it off as well.
The one with the catchlight for me personally. I think it brings a bit of life to it, while the one without is a touch flat by comparison.
I'd be over the moon with either version though.

That's bloody lovely Andy :clap:

I'm a little bit jealous because if I'd been playing that's exactly what I would have wanted to do for watery, but I doubt I could have pulled it off as well.
The one with the catchlight for me personally. I think it brings a bit of life to it, while the one without is a touch flat by comparison.
I'd be over the moon with either version though.

Thanks, Sarah, yeah, the one with the catchlight has more character for me.

Cheers.

Cracking set Andy,
I wish I could achieve the clarity your images have, the last watery edit is my favourite, but all look very good !!
I'm looking forward to learning more from great work like this. :)

Elegant - An inspired bit of creative thinking. I was worried in case you were thinking of a selfie on there! The use of an ultra-wide plus blurring elsewhere other than the strips of paper. Added to that the muted colours juxtaposing against the more vibrant paper works well. Nice one

Watery - Well executed shot. I also prefer the original with the reflection

Thanks.

Cracking set Andy,
I wish I could achieve the clarity your images have, the last watery edit is my favourite, but all look very good !!
I'm looking forward to learning more from great work like this. :)

Cheers, the Nikon 105 is a belting lens.

Elegant - An inspired bit of creative thinking. I was worried in case you were thinking of a selfie on there! The use of an ultra-wide plus blurring elsewhere other than the strips of paper. Added to that the muted colours juxtaposing against the more vibrant paper works well. Nice one

Watery - Well executed shot. I also prefer the original with the reflection

Cheers, Peter, I did consider including myself in the Elegant, but feel you lot have suffered enough of my selfies :)

Back