weekly Tracy's 52 challenge 2015 - Heat added.

it's a first time for me too Tracy - good luck!

that's a lovely shot - having the focus on the diagonal works really well (if that makes sense)

Ooooooo Nice image that Tracy, there is something fascinating about webs with dew on for me, amazed how they handle the weight... you have captured this really well, great start (y)

<EDIT> Tracy, you appear to have forgot to add a copy of your photo to the 'Photo's Only Thread' (Started by Andy (Posiview (Link is in my Sig))) you need to put a copy in there every week, with a link back to here, otherwise nobody will realise you have added a shot AND I will not know to update you on the spreadsheet :)

Last edited:
Tracey

Brilliant… Best Pattern shot I think i've seen so far! Really stands out and great DOF and Bokea (SP?) effect!

Mark

Welcome aboard Tracy and good luck :)

Beautiful shot - at first glance I thought it was a water splash but looking closer I can see that it's actually a web.
The angle really works for me and I quite like the air of mystery added by the shallow DoF.

As Dean said - don't forget to add a copy of the image and a link to your thread here
This section gets so busy (especially in January) that it's impossible to keep on top of all the thread updates - that thread is just a little heads up to other 52ers that you've added a new image :)

Welcome aboard Tracy and good luck :)

Beautiful shot - at first glance I thought it was a water splash but looking closer I can see that it's actually a web.
The angle really works for me and I quite like the air of mystery added by the shallow DoF.

As Dean said - don't forget to add a copy of the image and a link to your thread here
This section gets so busy (especially in January) that it's impossible to keep on top of all the thread updates - that thread is just a little heads up to other 52ers that you've added a new image :)

Thank you both for the reminder and your comments, hopefully Ive done it right :)

That's gorgeous, Tracy. I love the fact you haven't shot this face on, which means the DOF leads to a more interesting image than a simple web. High contrast B&W works well, too. A cracking start to your 52 and I very much look forward to visiting your thread lots! :)

beautiful image. Some nice glistening drops with booked as a plus side. Good use of D oF.

Hi Tracey & welcome aboard the 52 challenge :wave:

Your patterns shot is wonderful.....lovely boke front & rear , lovely focus , well lit.....you've set the bar high for your challenge :clap:

Thats a really great shot Tracey I'm looking forward to following your 52 this year if that is the way you start :clap:
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge.

Hi, Tracy, good start and welcome aboard. I'd like a slightly wider DOF but some nice detail in there.

Just to add, the first few weeks of the TP52 can be mental, trying to comment on 80+ submissions can be very taxing. What I intend to do is for the first few weeks comment on what I consider to be the best submission for the previous month. Once numbers dwindle, which they unfortunately will, I'll comment on more. Of course, I would not expect you to comment on all my submissions (y)

Last edited:
Hi, Tracy, good start and welcome aboard. I'd like a slightly wider DOF but some nice detail in there.

Just to add, the first few weeks of the TP52 can be mental, trying to comment on 80+ submissions can be very taxing. What I intend to do is for the first few weeks comment on what I consider to be the best submission for the previous month. Once numbers dwindle, which they unfortunately will, I'll comment on more. Of course, I would not expect you to comment on all my submissions (y)

Thanks Andy, im just starting to realise how much hard work the commenting will be :eek: ive got a little one with Special Needs and don't get much time to spend online but seriously need to start leaving others a comment - hopefully I will be able to keep up ;)

Great shot, big thumbs up from me. Good luck with the rest of the 52 and I look forward to seeing more of your images.

Lovely picture, it looks like tiny glass balls on the finest of threads, producing the most delicate of necklaces.

welcome Tracy

Very nice, but I feel like I need a closer look ... crop the OOF to zoom in on the field.

Welcome to 2015 52s Tracy. A lovely image to start - nice use of the diagonal and good dof. With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck for the rest of the year.

Having children I agree that watching them sleep is bliss, I like the image and the mono works well but I find the bottom of the image very distracting.

Hi Tracy :)

Oooo I really like that, I don't mind the floor in the foreground, maybe if it was slightly lighter but not a problem for me, I love the light on this shot, the background is also not at all distracting which certainly centers my vision on the face, that looks very much like Bliss - Great Image (y)

Agree - always look so peaceful when asleep could watch them for ages.

I like the picture and B&W suits it well.

I like the inclusion of the FG, and it's a well captured moment of Bliss, I suspect :)

I like the lighting and thought you'd lost some detail on his face, but you haven't. Nice clean BG as well.

Cracking submission.

Pattern - Wow, very nice. The lighting and contrast is very good.

Bliss - I like the mono in this as well. I too am not sure about the foreground, I think it might be less distracting if it had been taken from a few inches higher, but I'm not sure. I'ts not a major issue at all though.

A www looks so content snoozing away! Great lighting and I quite like foreground - it kind of adds to the fuzzy warm feeling for me.

Lovely shot with terrific lighting. I too find the oof surface in the foreground a bit of a distraction, but love the soft mono conversion which suits the subject very well. Looking forward to more in coming weeks.

A very blissful photo indeed. The mono complements the photo well. I'm in two minds regarding the foreground... I do find it a slight distraction but on the other hand, it draws my eye into the photo.

Back