Allan.H TP52 2017 WEEK 52 WEATHER ADDED

I'm loving the tyre tracks amongst the crops, it talks of farming, not just of the countryside.
Interesting conversion, having looked at your colour image though, I prefer the mono.

You are of course correct (y) I took another look at converting it when most of the above mentioned it :rolleyes: but every time I tried to tame it didn't seem to work as well, its not meat to be realism

I knew that was the Liver Building (I guess because being of an age to have watched (endured) the Liver Birds on the Beeb).
I wondered about Grace Brothers, but no, that was set in London, so I had to google for the answer.

Very Clever :)

Lovely clear shot Allan, I like the way you've put the subjects around teh bottom third and used the sky as pretty much dead space.
Horizontals and Verticals look right too ;)

Well back in the 70s-80s Liverpool did have a very graceful football team, a good shot across the river showing the buildings :)

Dave I support the other team I can't bring myself to agree, they were dark days well till the mid eighties but thanks anyway

I knew that was the Liver Building (I guess because being of an age to have watched (endured) the Liver Birds on the Beeb).
I wondered about Grace Brothers, but no, that was set in London, so I had to google for the answer.

Very Clever :)

Lovely clear shot Allan, I like the way you've put the subjects around teh bottom third and used the sky as pretty much dead space.
Horizontals and Verticals look right too ;)

Well done for the research and not giving it away, I am also at the age were I had to endure the Liver Birds and years of stolen car jokes :rolleyes:
I also have never had a perm or a moustache

While I don't know the reference for the shot, I like pleasing composition of it and nice colours.

The three graces ;) Nicely captured, good sky and well detailed.

Very clever idea, Allan. Was Liverpool water-front not in the news recently about losing World Heritage Site status?

It was in the news last week they are threatening to take away the World Heritage status because of a large development they want to do a bit further up the river,
I don't see what the problem is as the picture shows the old iconic part of the pier head but in the last 20 years to the left and right of the image is now surrounded by very modern buildings

Liver Birds ... my immediate thought. Didn't know those buildings were called the three graces, I've been there too, and heard the recent World Heritage news story.

Very nice job. (y)

Liver Birds ... my immediate thought. Didn't know those buildings were called the three graces, I've been there too, and heard the recent World Heritage news story.

Very nice job. (y)
Thanks d00d, I am not sure that the Liver birds where particularly gracefully

Love the Hi definition style on this Allan, very vibrant.
What Fruit is it ?

Catching up on comments again.
I love flowers in your vivid shot great detail in the middle, the b/w works well for Large the fly really stands out and I agree about thier eyes being so big,the broken pencil appears simple but effective, right on theme, and I like your idea for progress these last 2 are both themes I am yet to catch up on. your backwards daiy is lovely I would not have thought to photograph the back but fantastic detail. I would prefer to see some colour for the Agriculture shots, I didn't the the graceful theme either till LC2 explained it. Your fruit shot is very vibrant I love the color, is that a sharon fruit?

Last edited:
Love the Hi definition style on this Allan, very vibrant.
What Fruit is it ?
Catching up on comments again.
I love flowers in your vivid shot great detail in the middle, the b/w works well for Large the fly really stands out and I agree about thier eyes being so big,the broken pencil appears simple but effective, right on theme, and I like your idea for progress these last 2 are both themes I am yet to catch up on. your backwards daiy is lovely I would not have thought to photograph the back but fantastic detail. I would prefer to see some colour for the Agriculture shots, I didn't the the graceful theme either till LC2 explained it. Your fruit shot is very vibrant I love the color, is that a sharon fruit?

Its a Sharon fruit, thanks for looking in

Hi Allan...trying for a mega catch up now...
Progress - such an annoyingly simple idea - the focus on 'go' is perfect for the theme I think
Pleasure - love this! Incredible colour on the water and sharp droplets - he's having loads of fun :)
Tiny - great use of negative space to emphasise size and such soft shadows - lovely.
Face - love the moody processing, vignette and sharpest of focus on those teeth - amazing sounding exhibition.
Agriculture - definitely the monochrome, and the brightness of crops worked for me - felt a bit unreal and futuristic which went with the geometric feel of the crop lines. Damn those farmers who don't plant their crops symmetrically enough though ;)
Graceful - more clever thinking and great detail in that instantly recognisable skyline
Fruit - very nicely done - you do these shots so well!

Persimmon ... I call it!

Very nice Allan ..... :agree: . ... you do these shots so well!

Clean, sharp, spot on focus and beautiful colour. I love Sharon fruit.

Never tried it before the weekend, won't be going there again, I mean it was ok but slightly bland

Thanks for looking

Hi Allan...trying for a mega catch up now...
Progress - such an annoyingly simple idea - the focus on 'go' is perfect for the theme I think
Pleasure - love this! Incredible colour on the water and sharp droplets - he's having loads of fun :)
Tiny - great use of negative space to emphasise size and such soft shadows - lovely.
Face - love the moody processing, vignette and sharpest of focus on those teeth - amazing sounding exhibition.
Agriculture - definitely the monochrome, and the brightness of crops worked for me - felt a bit unreal and futuristic which went with the geometric feel of the crop lines. Damn those farmers who don't plant their crops symmetrically enough though ;)
Graceful - more clever thinking and great detail in that instantly recognisable skyline
Fruit - very nicely done - you do these shots so well!

Thanks for the catch up, the trouble with the symmetry in Agriculture was more me than the farmer (y)

Hi Allan, I do like your first image for Agriculture, with the strong lines leading the eye from front to back of the scene. I got the Three Graces reference straightaway, having sailed to and from the Pier Head many times, and those buildings always look so impressive from the river. Finally, the fruit is a striking choice of subject with those rich, strong colours, and you've done a lovely job with the arrangement and lighting.

Hi Allan, I do like your first image for Agriculture, with the strong lines leading the eye from front to back of the scene. I got the Three Graces reference straightaway, having sailed to and from the Pier Head many times, and those buildings always look so impressive from the river. Finally, the fruit is a striking choice of subject with those rich, strong colours, and you've done a lovely job with the arrangement and lighting.
Thanks

Hi Allan ... well I really like this one, just up my street really, simple, stark b&w with lots of space, hint of a reflection, works well for me.
Thanks Susie, my hearts not really in it at the moment

Back