weekly alsjazzeras TP52 2015 week 52 CHRISTMAS added FINISHED

Experiment - I actually really like that picture, I can't put my finger on why, but it foes really appeal.
Good take on the experiment theme.

Thanks

Sound: beautiful triptych. Love the mono. Works very well

Experiment. Fits the theme well and quite scientific as well so a double applause :clap::clap:

Thanks

Experiment ... I really like that picture, that scene could almost be as old as the Olympus Trip. I like surround included too. Enjoy the old cameras and developing.

I do plan on doing some more

Hi Allan,

Experiment - well, it fits the theme in more ways than one. Well done you for doing the processing yourself (y) I really like the shot, but I do think cropping the post on the bottom would be an idea. Mind you, I can remember when the Olympus Trip was new on the market - I had a lowly Kodak Instamatic it makes me feel very old :D. Enjoy the film cameras!

I can remember too, as for the actual picture if I was editing just the pic i would have cropped out the post but it was just to show the whole frame as taken and developed

Experiment.

Nice one Allen. Perfect for the theme.

I've struggled this week!

It's a pig of a theme, to be honest quite a few of them this year have been awful

sound - lovely triptych - I really like it
experiment - another experimenting with techniques, and doing well too by the look of it :clap: but yeah, the money lol

Subject and composition make a really effective image and well done on the experimental nature of the shot :clap:

Hi Allan

Experiment works for me....... It looks really olde worlde too. Respect is certainly due to you for the developing (y)

:clap: developing your own film, impressive. I bought a Pentax ME a few months ago and do like it. Never considered developing my own film, though.

I like it. Nice shadows, detail and the film strip works really well. Sky is a tad noisy but not sure what could be done ability that.

Cheers.

Hi Allan

big up to you for developing your own film (y) , that would be the appeal of shooting film for me

I like the film strip effect....not really sure what else to say as I really really don't "get" film :(

I would like to EXPERIMENT with home developing. Definitely a Project for the future especially if this is could be the result!

sound - lovely triptych - I really like it
experiment - another experimenting with techniques, and doing well too by the look of it :clap: but yeah, the money lol

Thanks

Experiment, really like this one Allan, miss my film kit. B+w certainly a good choice and the inclusion of the negative works well.

Thanks Michael

Subject and composition make a really effective image and well done on the experimental nature of the shot :clap:

Thanks

Hi Allan

Experiment works for me....... It looks really olde worlde too. Respect is certainly due to you for the developing (y)

Thank you

:clap: developing your own film, impressive. I bought a Pentax ME a few months ago and do like it. Never considered developing my own film, though.

I like it. Nice shadows, detail and the film strip works really well. Sky is a tad noisy but not sure what could be done ability that.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy, developing is not that difficult, there is a guide here and one here the only problem after that is scanning the negs.

I used Ilford HP5 which is 400 speed so would expect a bit of grain so that might explain the sky a little :thinking:

Hi Allan

big up to you for developing your own film (y) , that would be the appeal of shooting film for me

I like the film strip effect....not really sure what else to say as I really really don't "get" film :(

Thanks Lynne I can understand that, the developing bit is quite exciting I assumed that I would mess it up, was amazed at what came out :eek:

I would like to EXPERIMENT with home developing. Definitely a Project for the future especially if this is could be the result!

There are a couple of guides above, thanks for looking in

I like that :clap: a simple clear shot, especially like the light behind the cup. I always prefer this type of shot to be central (cos I like to break 'the rules')

Hi Allan ...

Heat does what it say says the tin and gives off a real feel of a hot drink, have you added the steam ...it looks slightly as if it's coming from the back of the cup, nicely lit and a lovely black background.

A super idea for Experiment ...I think it looks great, and well done to you for giving it a try. I really like the film 'bits' at the sides it gives it a real aged feel and a very nice shot it is too....great angle.

Heat....really great shot Allan.
I too would love to know if the steam was added in post. If it was, you've done very well :)

Hi Allan, I completely agree with the others - it's simple shot very well executed (I love the lighting) and bang on theme :)

Nice shot Allan. Love the back-lighting and the use of the glass mug. The steam rising really makes it feel hot too. Simple composition against a black background really works well.

I like that :clap: a simple clear shot, especially like the light behind the cup. I always prefer this type of shot to be central (cos I like to break 'the rules')

Is that breaking the rules, I have never been one for following rules either

Hi Allan ...

Heat does what it say says the tin and gives off a real feel of a hot drink, have you added the steam ...it looks slightly as if it's coming from the back of the cup, nicely lit and a lovely black background.

A super idea for Experiment ...I think it looks great, and well done to you for giving it a try. I really like the film 'bits' at the sides it gives it a real aged feel and a very nice shot it is too....great angle.

Thanks Susie the smoke is coming from the back of the cup but don't tell anyone, but it's not added it is one shot

Heat....really great shot Allan.
I too would love to know if the steam was added in post. If it was, you've done very well :)

Thanks Ruth it is one shot no layers

Hi Allan, I completely agree with the others - it's simple shot very well executed (I love the lighting) and bang on theme :)

Thanks

Nice shot Allan. Love the back-lighting and the use of the glass mug. The steam rising really makes it feel hot too. Simple composition against a black background really works well.

Thank you

Really like this one for Heat but my only niggle is I'd like the handle facing the other way as my eyes want to follow its line into empty space. Well lit showing graduated colour (y)

Hi, nice warm colours there, clean black BG, and decent attempt at adding the smoke/steam. Not sure if I can see a little behind the glass, though.

I'd prefer the backlighting in the table taking down quite a bit. Detracts from the main subject, IMO.

Good show though.

Cheers.

Hi, nice warm colours there, clean black BG, and decent attempt at adding the smoke/steam. Not sure if I can see a little behind the glass, though.

I'd prefer the backlighting in the table taking down quite a bit. Detracts from the main subject, IMO.

Good show though.

Cheers.

Ooooo good one Allan :clap:

I really like your composition of this one and the back lit tea, very minor crit, would have loved to have seen the 'steam' coming up from the middle of the mug, but believe me when I say that is bang on for me even how it is - love it :clap:

Thanks DK was hard getting any steam at all settled on smoke in the end (don't tell anyone) I suppose I could have cheated and PS'd it inbut where is the fun in that

Really like this one for Heat but my only niggle is I'd like the handle facing the other way as my eyes want to follow its line into empty space. Well lit showing graduated colour (y)

Thanks, I am surprised no-one else picked up on the handle it was quite obvious to me, I deliberated about it for a while and then decided to post as it was it was too much faffing to do it again

Neat idea, cleverly done. Smoke eh! o_O

It was incense behind the cup, sorry :whistle:

Good show though.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy it was one shot so smoke not added as such, I agree about the table lighting though did try to take it down a little but had to settle on this

Hi there,
A bit of a catch up from me. Sorry for leaving it sooo long.

Vertical: Another very strong image. Very nice mono shot.
Mouth: Lovely detail and super sharp but I'm not convinced by the muted colours personally.
Crowd: Both very good. I prefer Chester. You have portrayed the busy nature of the area well.
Close up: Very very nice. Perfect choice of subject and background :clap:
Machine: The closer shot works instantly but I find myself going back to the first shot more so it's that on for me. Great shot and post processing (y)
Elegant reshoot: A beautiful animal but it doesn't work for me sadly. It's just too "lifeless".
Alphabet: As has been said, a bit of a shoe horn but the Daleks bit made me smile :D
Sound: Very nice triptych. I like what you have done with the negative spacing. Very good :)
Experiment: Great experiment. Well done for developing it yourself (y)
Heat: Nicely back lit shot. The handle looks good to me but the 'steam' looks a bit too false.
Figures: I'm really struggling with this one but you have pulled it off perfectly for me. Nice abstract shot :clap:

Hi there,
A bit of a catch up from me. Sorry for leaving it sooo long.

Vertical: Another very strong image. Very nice mono shot.
Mouth: Lovely detail and super sharp but I'm not convinced by the muted colours personally.
Crowd: Both very good. I prefer Chester. You have portrayed the busy nature of the area well.
Close up: Very very nice. Perfect choice of subject and background :clap:
Machine: The closer shot works instantly but I find myself going back to the first shot more so it's that on for me. Great shot and post processing (y)
Elegant reshoot: A beautiful animal but it doesn't work for me sadly. It's just too "lifeless".
Alphabet: As has been said, a bit of a shoe horn but the Daleks bit made me smile :D
Sound: Very nice triptych. I like what you have done with the negative spacing. Very good :)
Experiment: Great experiment. Well done for developing it yourself (y)
Heat: Nicely back lit shot. The handle looks good to me but the 'steam' looks a bit too false.
Figures: I'm really struggling with this one but you have pulled it off perfectly for me. Nice abstract shot :clap:

Thanks for looking in and taking the time to look through them

Hi Allan , I like abstract and I really like this one, it has a rather ghostly feel to it, great choice for the theme :)

Thanks Susie wasn't really sure peoples reaction would be I took the photo Saturday afternoon but then deliberated about it till Sunday
Thats two good comments on it I am amazed :eek:

Love it! Not only is it perfect for the theme: the figurative, but it's also beautiful artwork.

Hi Allan, that's a cracking shot for figures, I really like the blurry, misty feel to it, if you were walking towards those figures you wouldn't know what to expect (n)

Hi Allan
How is it I have missed you for so long:( Sorry mate! Catching up now.... Seems to be an eternal catch up if not with the photographs with the comments!
Elegant... I guess its the epitome of elegance isn't it a Swan! I think its the Swan for me... Nice for it to pose for you very sharp shot, nice DOF. Although the Lemur looks very laid back I think the Swan fits the theme better.
Watery... It certainly is! Now that's what I call a vegetarian meal:rolleyes: I'm not so keen of the frame but it needs something around it to bring it up. So maybe its the style of frame that distracted me... Like the 3 Mushrooms and works well with the overall composition.
Bold.... Really like this, dying to know if its one flower split or 2 flowers side by side. Was it taken over the background or was the background added afterwards, only reason I asked was because of the abrupt edges of the petals against the BG. Fits the Theme well Very Bold!!
Relax... Cripes!!! that's a bit in your face if you excuse the pun. Quite Bold as well!!! I really like the lighting here, excellent! If there's a upcoming theme for Brave I'd give it to your model;) Cracking shot has a great bite to it, really edgy and great processing. Nice Work Allan.
Vertical.... Very poignant shot. I really must get to the NMA, its on the list. I wonder how many died meaninglessly like this... mostly they were only kids.... Later they attributed it to something else and called it shell shock.... Really tight hard hitting shot and the B&W does great justice to this.
Mouth.... I assume he's barking or howling here:) Works for me fits the theme, job done.
Crowd.... Really like No2 nice creative stuff there with spot on shutter work. A square crop might have worked too just under the top of the balcony Left.
Close up.... Love this! Love the really sharp detail and the fact you resisted a coloured background. The white background has really worked here IMHO. Very subtle and I think it brings out the delicacy of the flowers, I think its a fantastic shot! I'd have never have thought to shoot that against a white background, Spot on! Nice Work.

I'm coming back to finish "Machine" and on up to date... Watch this space...

I guess you have either fallen asleep, gone down the Pub or slit your wrists by now :)
Just pass to the bottom and click like if your bored:rolleyes:

Machine....
Love this... A real warrior shot! nice in B&W adds to the hard edginess. The DOF is good throwing out the background. I think if it were mine I'd probably just clone out the sky top left and the titchy bit right. Its a tad distracting. Good stuff like it...

Elegant Reshoot.... I love the way this has been shot to give the impression the cat is still in the wild, nice composition. Great colour and nice and sharp. I think this has eclipsed your Swan shot for Elegant(y). No wonder they named a care after one!

Alphabet...
I know what its like to struggle:eek:.... Bit of lateral thinking there. Nice shoe horn:D

Sound... Works for me barring the crit re centralising the subjects. Fender Tele, Yam good stuff. Really nice conversion, and great lighting.(y)

Experiment.... Nice to see people getting back to film, I used to use a Pentax Me Super and a Contax Quartz, Like the shot has that nice graininess with it, Like seeing the negative frame too!

Heat.... Nice lighting! Really like the rich colour of the tea in the cup, the steam coming off the top is very good looks almost like smoke, caught just right by the light. Nice Shot I like it.

Figures.... Not too sure about this one probably not for me, but fits the theme, and its different and you got to have a bit of variety haven't you!

We'll at least I'm up to date:D

Heat - a smashing shot with the glow from the drink really giving off a feeling of heat and a great idea to use incense to add a wisp of steam :clap:
Figures - definitely a ghostly feel to this one!

Cracker. I'm a big fan of Hockney's polaroid collages and this works for me. Nice and bright with wonderful to pastels.

Nice and tight, and really well layed out.

Cheers/

I think that's superb Alan. (y)

Thanks Brian
I agree, super image Allan.

Phil

Thank you

Cracker. I'm a big fan of Hockney's polaroid collages and this works for me. Nice and bright with wonderful to pastels.

Nice and tight, and really well layed out.

Cheers/

Thanks Andy

This is a brilliant take on the them Allan, well done mate :clap::clap::clap:

Thank you I am surprised it's had such good feedback

Back