Anitacv 52 in 2016

I'll get in before @purplepleaser does and will make the comment that it is foolish to trespass (and infact criminally illegal (unlike normal trespass that isn't a criminal offence)) on a live railway. That looks like a foot crossing, so that's all it should be used for... Crossing...
Rant over :)

Nice use of leading lines, not the vertical ones, but the crossing which leads you to the subject.
There is a little bit of flare in the shot that you can reduce playing with sliders in ACR.

Good to see someone else taking photos of trains (y)

Good use of the railway lines as a lead into the frame, and the guy gives it that added sense of danger.

I'll get in before @purplepleaser does and will make the comment that it is foolish to trespass (and infact criminally illegal (unlike normal trespass that isn't a criminal offence)) on a live railway. That looks like a foot crossing, so that's all it should be used for... Crossing...
Rant over :)

Nice use of leading lines, not the vertical ones, but the crossing which leads you to the subject.
There is a little bit of flare in the shot that you can reduce playing with sliders in ACR.

Good to see someone else taking photos of trains (y)
Thanks for commenting. I noticed the lens flare but didnt know how to get rid of it. What is ACR?

ACR - Adobe Camera Raw, which can be accessed for editing jpgs as well as RAW files since (I believe) CS3 and editions of PSE.
Alternatively there is a de-haze slider in LR which I'm led to believe is very good (I don't have LR or CC, just PSE and an old edition of CS).

ACR - Adobe Camera Raw, which can be accessed for editing jpgs as well as RAW files since (I believe) CS3 and editions of PSE.
Alternatively there is a de-haze slider in LR which I'm led to believe is very good (I don't have LR or CC, just PSE and an old edition of CS).
Thanks. I only have PSE12 and software that came with camera. Maybe need to take another look at those.

PSE12 works fine (it's the version I have).
In the File menu, select "Open In Camera Raw" and you'll have all the options you normally get when opening RAW files, but available for jpgs too.
Great. Thanks for that. I'll give it a go!

Great spot for the theme Anita. I like the converging railway lines of the second .. something about the perspective and going off into infinity. :clap:

That first shot for dangerous gives me the goosebumps.....Scary thought indeed!

OMG is that true - can it really be? Mourinho to United !! Oh yeah, that's that little matter of the EU too. Very topical Anita - I like the angle and the red oof crockery up front leading you onto the main (sharp) subject. :clap:

The angle actually works quite well doesn't it...
The coluours add life and according to the BBC 15 minutes ago, the rumours of the blonde fool supporting brexit are also true.
Spot on theme there Anita :)

Hi Antia

I really like your image for Topical especially the angle, the red tea pot and cup really draw your eye and lead you into the rest of the picture

Hi Anita

Good spot for Dangerous - I'm slightly unsure whether I'd like the whole width of the railway in the frame or not but it's well captured and definitely on theme.

Topical is a great shot - I like the jaunty angle, the composition works well and the OOF accoutrements at the front are not distracting but add to scene for me. Well done on putting that together!

Mourinho to United, pah, Mourinho for president of FIFA, that's the latest.

Topical stuff. Nice tilt. What about a smidgen off the top?

:D

Well captured for dangerous! And great composition.

And great colours and perspective for topical. Can you really eat yourself slim?

Anita, liking the foot crossing for dangerous, your topical image is good, a different take than others and well composed.

Danger - 2 good shots for the theme Very dangerous indeed

Topical - Great picture right on theme I like the quirky angle to get the paper straight

Hi Anita.
Love the shot of the otter for living world. The little critter has and evil look on his face. You've nailed the exposure and sharpness.
Not so keen on Spiky though. Nothing wrong with the shot, and given it looks like it was indoors I fully understand keeping the noise so as to avoid blurring the fur. he doesn't really seem spiky to me though.

I like spiky, with that lovely golden colour on the hair, although I agree with Stan regarding positing :)

The otter looks really unhappy about having his picture taken, well caught (y)

Hi Anita. Lovely action shot of the otter for Living World - like the raised paw and facial expression. As for Spiky, Yes I'd say that was spiky hair - nicely sharp on the eyes and again, very expressive. :)

Lovely Otter shot Anita

As for the Tamarin they are not the easiest to shoot through glass, although they are nice bright colours, they do get "muted" by the back reflections,
The light although there was likely to be flourscent tubes in there, it was probably the infra-red heat lamp that screwed up the colours.
shooting auto WB is never a good idea, in these situations, the camera doesn't know what its looking at.
try "cloudy" that'll give you a more neutral look to the colours, and just tweak in P/S from there.

Hope you don't mind one of mine taken as above.
( If you do, Just say and its gone )

IMG_4534.jpg

Lovely Otter shot Anita

As for the Tamarin they are not the easiest to shoot through glass, although they are nice bright colours, they do get "muted" by the back reflections,
The light although there was likely to be flourscent tubes in there, it was probably the infra-red heat lamp that screwed up the colours.
shooting auto WB is never a good idea, in these situations, the camera doesn't know what its looking at.
try "cloudy" that'll give you a more neutral look to the colours, and just tweak in P/S from there.

Hope you don't mind one of mine taken as above.
( If you do, Just say and its gone )

View attachment 58635
Thanks for the tips. Will give that a try :)

Otter for me Anita....Lovely cheeky shot!

Having a bit of a catch-up:

Dangerous: Well, that's cetainly dangerous. I prefer the second shot, but it's not so dangerous, unless you were leaning over a bit too far.

Topical: Great photo. The bright red attracts your attention to the photo and the focus draws it onto the paper. The tea and biscuits add context and the although angle makes it interesting, the fact that it brings the headline near-hoirizontal stops it looking strange. Great work.

Living world: Love the composition, the ripples in the water make for a great backdrop. On flickr I can't work out if his face is slightly OOF or if it's a touch of motion blur.

Spiky: Cool monkey and I love the vivid colour of his mane but he's more fluffy than spiky, unless perhaps he's easily annoyed?

Living world - lovely otter shot good detail.
Spiky - sometime you just have to live with the lighting you've got . I like it Its a good shot and I like the colours as they are but then
I don't know what he should have looked like.

Back