weekly Bernd's 52 in 2017 - week 26: Face

It's been too long since I've visited your thread. You've got some good shots.

Reshoot - looks like an interesting piece, I'm not sure about the guy in the background between the two green uprights as I feel he distracts from the fountain.
Broken - like this very much, lots to keep the interest and as others have said you placed the camera very well.
Transport - Great shot, amazing that you got it at the first attempt.

Hi Bernd, trying to get to everyone and have a catch up:) Really like all the bikes in large, great in B&W I guess it would have looked very messy in colour. I love all the shapes of the windows on the buildings in architecture again they look great in B&W. The broken mirror was an idea I had but didn't have a broken one and wasn't going to break one on purpose, well spotted, I like it a lot and transport is a fab shot, I like the central platform and the symmetrical trains:)

Transport - cracking shot, as already said, perfect symmetry, great lighting and best of all, no people! Brilliant.

It's been too long since I've visited your thread. You've got some good shots.

Reshoot - looks like an interesting piece, I'm not sure about the guy in the background between the two green uprights as I feel he distracts from the fountain.
Broken - like this very much, lots to keep the interest and as others have said you placed the camera very well.
Transport - Great shot, amazing that you got it at the first attempt.
Thank you Steve!

Hi Bernd, trying to get to everyone and have a catch up:) Really like all the bikes in large, great in B&W I guess it would have looked very messy in colour. I love all the shapes of the windows on the buildings in architecture again they look great in B&W. The broken mirror was an idea I had but didn't have a broken one and wasn't going to break one on purpose, well spotted, I like it a lot and transport is a fab shot, I like the central platform and the symmetrical trains:)
Thanks Georgina!

Transport - cracking shot, as already said, perfect symmetry, great lighting and best of all, no people! Brilliant.
Thanks Chris!

Marie Kondo started studying tidying seriously at the age of 15. Later she wrote a bestseller in her native Japan about clutter being at the root of all problems and propagating the idea of a minimalistic life style. It has sold well in Britain too, I've bought it, read the first few pages and then decided that I like my 'clutter' too much. This is my Kondo memorial shot.

22 Minimalistic: Marie Kondo
by Bernd, on Flickr

Two excellent shots, "The art of tidying" seems to be a good book and the man in the bright yellow really stands out against the neutral building, very good indeed

Love both Bernd...especially the book title!
Is that the big new building on Faringdon street ?

Minimalist made me smile, well put together and very well captured.

Progress, well timed to get the guy on his own looking over the edge, almost has a selective colour feel to it.

Two excellent shots, "The art of tidying" seems to be a good book and the man in the bright yellow really stands out against the neutral building, very good indeed
Thank you Allan!

Love both Bernd...especially the book title!
Is that the big new building on Faringdon street ?
Thanks Mark! The progress shot was taken on one of the building sites on the southern end of Bishopsgate. Construction in the City is almost back to pre-crisis levels.

Two great shots Bernd, I too love my clutter, love the #2 shot too :)
Cheers David!

Minimalist made me smile, well put together and very well captured.

Progress, well timed to get the guy on his own looking over the edge, almost has a selective colour feel to it.
Thank you Chris! I've pushed the saturation a bit and the only thing the got more colourful was the guy's high viz jacket...

Kondo memorial shot ... nice one, doubly minimalistic. Clean. tidy, fits the frame perfectly. (y)

Progress wow what a find! Great perspective, looking up at all that overhanging grey/silver ... with a solitary figure in hi viz. Thought it was SC at first but no I think not. (y)

Kondo memorial shot ... nice one, doubly minimalistic. Clean. tidy, fits the frame perfectly. (y)

Progress wow what a find! Great perspective, looking up at all that overhanging grey/silver ... with a solitary figure in hi viz. Thought it was SC at first but no I think not. (y)
Thank you David!

2 nice pictures there Bernd, but the 2nd takes it for me, great perspective and the photo is made by the workman in there.
Thank you Michael!

Agree with the above, the black line at the bottom also a little heavy
and I am with you to hot to be bothered really and a poor theme, I would rather eat an ice cream myself (y)

Minimal - nice set up, only niggly is that the book doesn't sit flush with the side of the bookcase.
Progress - good spot and the yellow of the jacket stands out nicely amongst the grey of the building.
Pleasure - Good idea for the theme and you get to eat an ice cream!

Three strong images since my last visit, Bernd :clap:

Minimal is a great find, and beautifully composed. Suits monochrome well, too.
Progress - strong angles and lines in the building itself, and a perfectly placed contrasting flash of colour from the bright jacket.
Pleasure - can't argue with that idea in this heat! Sometimes the simple ideas are the most effective, and this is nicely done against a muted OOF background (y)

Minimalistic..........................shear brilliant. not only for the whole composition BUT because i am in the process of decluttering big time, #1 daughter thinks we're moving house... but your image and reference has moved me to find the audiobook on YT

Progress is a great shot of confusion yet boom, in the middle the conductor, like Mickey Mouse watching the mops around him..

Pleasure..... just stop it.... its hot and now all i can think of is a Magnum...

Looks like a nice cold pleasure for today, I won`t say about the white blob at the back :D Good shot.
Thanks David!

Like your progress shot and the guy in the high vis makes if for me giving the separation.

I like your pleasure shot but find the white in the left hand corner a bit distracting.
Thank you Nigel! I agree, but I couldn't be bothered to clone it out... it was hot...

Agree with the above, the black line at the bottom also a little heavy
and I am with you to hot to be bothered really and a poor theme, I would rather eat an ice cream myself (y)
Cheers Allan!

Nearly did somehting similar my self so it must be good ;),
Thanks Chris!

Minimal - nice set up, only niggly is that the book doesn't sit flush with the side of the bookcase.
Progress - good spot and the yellow of the jacket stands out nicely amongst the grey of the building.
Pleasure - Good idea for the theme and you get to eat an ice cream!
Thank you Steve!

Three strong images since my last visit, Bernd :clap:

Minimal is a great find, and beautifully composed. Suits monochrome well, too.
Progress - strong angles and lines in the building itself, and a perfectly placed contrasting flash of colour from the bright jacket.
Pleasure - can't argue with that idea in this heat! Sometimes the simple ideas are the most effective, and this is nicely done against a muted OOF background (y)
Thank you Andrea!

Love the Minimalistic shot, very theme fitting and thanks for the short brief behind the shot too.

Another nice shot for Progress, like the inclusion of the worker in bright yellow safety jacket.

Pleasure, simply but very apt for the theme and current heat wave.
Cheers Stan!

Minimalistic..........................shear brilliant. not only for the whole composition BUT because i am in the process of decluttering big time, #1 daughter thinks we're moving house... but your image and reference has moved me to find the audiobook on YT

Progress is a great shot of confusion yet boom, in the middle the conductor, like Mickey Mouse watching the mops around him..

Pleasure..... just stop it.... its hot and now all i can think of is a Magnum...
Thank you Frank! I guess you are an expert in the KonMari technique of tidying after listening to that audiobook :D

Mmmmm at the Magnum Bernd, nice and cool looking, a good tilt on the ice-cream and a nice dreamy background too, though I would have loved the white patch to be cloned out, it is still a great product image, I like it and want one now !!! (y)
Thanks Dean!

Hey Brrnd.

Minimalistic - Bang on theme :) Verticals and horizontals are. Composition and content of the image are spot on. (y)

Progress - Good natural spot colour usage there, he does attract your attention in the picture.

Pleasure - Good idea for the theme and in the heat you took the shot, far too little time to worry about the background, else the magnum would melt and it would then be paradise lost.

... not worried about the BG ... it's oof, that's good. Top idea and I can see that's ice cold.

Hey Brrnd.

Minimalistic - Bang on theme :) Verticals and horizontals are. Composition and content of the image are spot on. (y)

Progress - Good natural spot colour usage there, he does attract your attention in the picture.

Pleasure - Good idea for the theme and in the heat you took the shot, far too little time to worry about the background, else the magnum would melt and it would then be paradise lost.
Thank you Tim!

... not worried about the BG ... it's oof, that's good. Top idea and I can see that's ice cold.
Thanks David!

Certainly tiny, nice DoF and the books give a good sense of scale, can't help but wonder if the exposure could be lifted a tad.

Back