weekly Bernd's 52 in 2017 - week 26: Face

Both good Bernd but it #1 for me, it tells a story. (y)

Last edited:
Thank you all for your comments!

#1 for me, I like the look on all their faces, seems to me they are sharing a joke, may be about which one of them should have words with the photographer;)

#1 for me, I like the look on all their faces, seems to me they are sharing a joke, may be about which one of them should have words with the photographer;)
Haha, I've taken that photo in front of the houses of parliament, there a so many people with cameras around taking photos of Big Ben that the policemen probably didn't even notice that I was taking a snap of them. Thank you Chris!

The first submission for me too Bernrd, a perfect composition, loads of interest and great expressions too, the B&W also makes it a very powerful image for me, great start (y)
Thank you Dean!

Week 1 and 2 images for order both very good and fit the theme, for me the first image works best, and the b&w works very well for both images.
Thanks Mandy!

#1 for me as well, I didn't relate #2 with order until I read your title. Also prefer being able to see faces and expressions in the first one.
Thank you Steve!

Cold Comfort. Hard to imagine what it's like sleeping rough on these freezing cold nights. Good street photography Bernd - makes a visual statement. Raspberries (and strawberries for that matter) are indeed Hairy - tend not to notice that other than in a close up. Nicely taken against that plain white bg.

Comfort says a lot about the society we live in, excellent take on the theme.

Raspberry looks good, a little exposure lift maybe, nice work on both

Interesting choice for comfort Bernd (y)
And the Hairy raspberry does look a lot better blown up :)

Comfort is certainly a strong take on the theme, the Gap logo makes a great background.

Hairy is an interesting choice of subject well captured, good sharp stack.

Really powerful shot for comfort with the advertising and bypassers dressed for the cold Bernd - very well taken. The raspberry looks fantastic larger than life too, so much detail - I still haven't succeeded at focus stacking - back to the drawing board!

The comfort shot is a harsh reality check. and I like it for its honesty in that

The Raspberry looks a little noisy, but I dont think it actually is - just the surface of the dimples ?

A fairly poignant take on comfort, particularly as you show society passing by. It looks significantly better in B&W, if you ask me - which I realise you didn't.

I like the raspberry, ot coluorful of course and you've got lots of detail in there. I think the noisy appearance is actually the effect of the small hairs when the picture's shrunk, but it looks absolutely great full-size.

Really like the comfort shot, apreciate the social commentry. Get street shot very well executed particularly like the angle it is shot from.

Order #1 for me. It tells a story, is well composed, the b&w conversion really suits it and the copper on the left reminds me of Dixon of Dock Green. But you are all too young to remember that I bet :p

Comfort, another picture that tells a story. They've certainly fallen through the gap :(

Hairy is pin sharp and perfect fro the theme but looks a little flat for my taste.

Hey Bernd somehow missed your order shot, really like it, and the police have guns! Did you ask them if it was ok to take the picture or just go ahead?

Like the raspberry shot as well. I never realised there were so many hairy fruits in the world until this theme.

Thank you for your comments!

Emma @Emja and Stan @rpn : I stacked 15 photos using Helicon Remote with focus bracketing instead of a rail. The software is awful, looks and feels like they stopped developing before they even beta status, but it's a quick way to produce a reasonable quality focus stack and it's so easy that it feels like cheating. Plus you can see the focus ring of your lens moving all by itself, which I didn't even know was possible... :)

Hey Bernd somehow missed your order shot, really like it, and the police have guns! Did you ask them if it was ok to take the picture or just go ahead?
No I took the photo without asking. But it was in front of the Houses of Parliament, where there a lot of people with cameras taking snaps of Big Ben and stuff... And I'm very quick :D

No I took the photo without asking. But it was in front of the Houses of Parliament, where there a lot of people with cameras taking snaps of Big Ben and stuff... And I'm very quick :D

Fair play to you though.:)

Hi Bernd ... was thinking of doing something along those lines for Comfort, but that evolved into abandoned furniture to me placing my own chair in the street! Nice job with the low pov and including people walking passed.

Great detail in that raspberry.

(y)

Terrific shot Bernd - like the movement, reflection and lead-in walkway ... iconic bg too.

It looks like a pro-mo image from the film "Arrival" :D
Nice angle and nicely processed Bernd :)

Impressive shot, fits the theme, like the black and white and to me a really interesting photo.

Terrific shot Bernd - like the movement, reflection and lead-in walkway ... iconic bg too.
Thank you Carl!

Excellent shot, what is it?
Thanks Allan! It's a sculpture by Fiona Banner. There are five of them around City Hall, all called 'full stop ...' and all are full stops in different typefaces.

Nice angle and nicely processed Bernd :)
Cheers Chris!

Impressive shot, fits the theme, like the black and white and to me a really interesting photo.
Thank you Roger!

Smooth and one cracking shot, love the great BG, lighting and the blur of the people moving about (y)(y)
Thanks David!

Great subject and location, pondering if it needs to be a little larger in the frame to make some of the reflections in more detail. (y)

Back