weekly Blondie606 52 2015...Wk 17 Heat

Crowd - That's got to be the winner for me for that week. Fantastic shot and beautifully processed (y)

Close up - Another great shot. Very good focus considering the DoF your get given with macro :rolleyes: I wonder if a little vignette would help with the OOF top left? A very minor thought for a wonderful image.

Mouth - Not sure I’m too keen on the model LOL. :exit:

Crowd - Absolutely super shot. Great thinking to fit this into the theme as well. I like the composition and particularly the textured background

Close Up - Fantastic focus on this. The harsh purple hue is offset nicely by the subtle green in the centre

I also thought about commenting on your Machine theme after seeing it on Facebook but seeing as you haven’t posted it on here yet it looks like you’ll have to wait.

Hi Lynne

Mouth - like the 1st edit, focus is spot on where it needs to be
Crowd - simply lovely, would look great printed up large
Close up - love the colours and composition is just perfect
;)

Hi Lynne, always been a big admirer of your flower pics and this is no exception :notworthy:, the colour looks great, very bold and the square crop works well
almost like a paint splash :clap:

Thanks Allan ,the colors reminded me of a paint splash as well :)

Yes fab colours they go so well together. Nature truly knows how to colour match :)
Great camera work !

Gaz

Aye, mother nature is pretty darned impressive ain't she :)

Hi Lynne,
Agree with the above 2 comments, that is a really nice shot.
I wouldn't be frustrated by the DOF, I actually like the way that parts of the shot go OOF, I think it really makes it real.

Cheers Tim (y)

Hi, wonderful colours, especially in the greens. Nice textures in the centre.

A few OOF areas around the edges. Might have been an opportunity to stack a few as you now have Photoshop CC (y)

I see where @LC2 is coming from and using extreme shallow DOF works but IMO needs to be around all the edges.

Cheers, don't work too hard and keep the TP meeting in the back of your mind to maintain your sanity :)

Thanks Andy ....that's the thing...this was f20 so hardly shallow DOF , think the oof bit's were down to the funnel effect of the petals :thinking: & I really couldn't be a***d with focus stacking:D

Hi Lynne, stunning colours and they really set each other off - this one would have worked for bold as well. I'm liking the striped petals - no idea what it is, I've never come across it before, and the square crop works well. Nice shot :)

Cheers Lorraine.....I really should try n find out what type of flower it is :)

Very nice Lynne, and the colours work really well together (y)

Cheers Chris :)

Love the flower Lynne - would actually like it on my wall! The colours are great :)

Many thanks Michalene , very kind of you (y)

CLOSE UP....... Very striking image Lynne.
Terrific colours.

Thanks Viv :)

Mouth - as said earlier he might have had a shave first :p and this would also have worked for Close Up too. I think I prefer it to the barrel of oranges.

I love the colouring in your 3's a crowd shot, nice and understated but just a tad too close to the LHS but that's a minor quibble (y)

Close Up - fab details and colour and Like Andy I'd like to see the whole lot in focus but being rubbish at macro I've got no room to talk :rolleyes:

I really enjoy checking out your thread as you come up with some amazing pictures :clap::clap::clap:

Many thanks Jill :)

Fantastic detail and colour. :clap:

Cheers David

B E A U tiful, nice and sharp where it needs to be and excellent colours

Cheers Nathan :)

Crowd - That's got to be the winner for me for that week. Fantastic shot and beautifully processed (y)

Close up - Another great shot. Very good focus considering the DoF your get given with macro :rolleyes: I wonder if a little vignette would help with the OOF top left? A very minor thought for a wonderful image.

Thanks lee....I rarely think about using vignettes ....Will tuck that idea away ready for the next time (y)

Mouth - Not sure I’m too keen on the model LOL. :exit:

Crowd - Absolutely super shot. Great thinking to fit this into the theme as well. I like the composition and particularly the textured background

Close Up - Fantastic focus on this. The harsh purple hue is offset nicely by the subtle green in the centre

I also thought about commenting on your Machine theme after seeing it on Facebook but seeing as you haven’t posted it on here yet it looks like you’ll have to wait.

Thanks Peter , appreciate your catch up (y)

Hi Lynne

Mouth - like the 1st edit, focus is spot on where it needs to be
Crowd - simply lovely, would look great printed up large
Close up - love the colours and composition is just perfect
;)

Thanks Hazel...think I will be getting Crowd printed :)

Wow Lynne - That's a stonking shot :clap:

Those colours are great and the DoF is pretty deep too, such a great combination with that crop too, love it (y)

Cheers matey :)

Figured I ought to post my machine shot, not got round to taking my reshoot as yet.. :(

Not quite sure why but I had a fancy to try this out , composite I think it's called . As normal I went at it without any real idea as to How I was going to get the finished article....trial & errror was the order of the day ! 4 shots & the heavens opened so back to the pc , 1/2 hr faffing & finished up with this...

Wk 13 Machine by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

I know it has it's faults ,slight bit of distortion on the coolant header tank & the whole engine has possibly got a bit of a list on it to the right , I concentrated on losing the reflections on the window screen which meant I ended up with them in the headlights ( I needed to blend another image with the reflector turned to lose those), the bg was a bit hit & miss as the carpark was rammed hence rather iffy cloning.....there than that I'm quite pleased with it :D & I learnt plenty for when I try again :)

Hey Lynne [emoji5]️
Really pretty close up! To be honest, I hadn't even noticed the top LHS and had to look again after I read it.

Machine: absolutely LOVE it! Yeah it's got a few little bits like the coolant but generally wow..... My nephew would love this on his bedroom wall I reckon - well done!

That's a great first attempt Lynne and a brill idea. You've already criticised it and I would just add that the RHS looks a bit 'dodgy' (not as curved as the LHS) But kudos anyway :clap:

Yes the shape of the hole looks a bit erm ... random, or is it supposed to be like that? :exit:

I think it's brilliant. :clap:

Hi Lynne, excellent idea and you have done a great job on it too :clap:

Close up is lovely, the colours, the detail, the central composition and the square crop just work together really well.

Kudos for even attempting the machine shot, it's panned out pretty well. Hard to crit as I wouldn't even know where to start, let alone do anything differently!

I think its a fantastic shot and is going to take some beating as my favorite shot for machine week.
I wish i had the skill and more importantly the patience to even attempt something like that

Morning, Machine, that's a cracking idea. Your PS skills are really coming along.

TBH, I would not have noticed the distortion/list if you had not mentioned it.

Good show, and lovely car.

Cheers.

Great job on the engine reveal Lynne. Really like the way this has turned out!

How come the engine is tilited and the ditortion on the coolant bottle?? Did you not take two shots with bonnet up and then down and then eraes some of the bonnet?

Or did you invent a harder way of doing it?? :)

Fabulous first attempt Lynne . . . in fact, pretty damn good for a fourth, fifth or sixth attempt at this even!!!

I really wish you hadn't pointed out the reflections in the headlights, because I would never have noticed them otherwise.
My eye went straight from the engine to the windscreen and I was too busy admiring the lack of reflection and nice clean shot there.

another brilliant shot Lynne, tis very clever. Have you tried it with using a car where you can open the bonnet and take a shot then one with the bonnet closed then merging them in layers? Because that's what I thought you'd done here lol :clap:

Wow, that's really impressive. If that's your first attempt, that's brilliant.
Now why didn't I think of that?

Many thanks Tim.....I can see me trying this again :)

Hey Lynne [emoji5]️
Really pretty close up! To be honest, I hadn't even noticed the top LHS and had to look again after I read it.

Machine: absolutely LOVE it! Yeah it's got a few little bits like the coolant but generally wow..... My nephew would love this on his bedroom wall I reckon - well done!

Aww...thanks Ferg :)

Love it! Wouldn't know where to start to do this! :)

Thanks Michalene...it was actually a lot easier than I expected :)

Impressed! Same as mine! well, not quite but ... er.. er.. :clap:

Cheers Bob :)

That's a great first attempt Lynne and a brill idea. You've already criticised it and I would just add that the RHS looks a bit 'dodgy' (not as curved as the LHS) But kudos anyway :clap:

Cheers Jill.....yup, not totally happy with the finished job , the engine bay on the polo is an odd shape...think it may be easier with an in-line engine rather than a transverse as the bay wil be a better shape !

Yes the shape of the hole looks a bit erm ... random, or is it supposed to be like that? :exit:

I think it's brilliant. :clap:

Thanks David.... yeah, struggled a bit to get the shape right , partly due to VW engine bays being a bit odd ;)

wow - that's a cracking image, all your work paid off :clap: :clap: :clap:

Many thanks Lorraine :)

Hi Lynne, excellent idea and you have done a great job on it too :clap:

You're too kind Allan....it has many faults but it's a good start :)

Great idea and well executed. I have nothing to add Lynne :D

Thanks Chris :)

Close up is lovely, the colours, the detail, the central composition and the square crop just work together really well.

Kudos for even attempting the machine shot, it's panned out pretty well. Hard to crit as I wouldn't even know where to start, let alone do anything differently!

Many thanks Nick :)

I think its a fantastic shot and is going to take some beating as my favorite shot for machine week.
I wish i had the skill and more importantly the patience to even attempt something like that

Cheers Sion.....no real skill.....2 shots in to pp , layer masks & hey presto...........now that's not a sentence I ever thought I'd be saying :D

Morning, Machine, that's a cracking idea. Your PS skills are really coming along.

TBH, I would not have noticed the distortion/list if you had not mentioned it.

Good show, and lovely car.

Cheers.

Cheers Matey..... not a patch on yours though :(

Machine, a well thought out and executed image Lynne

Phil

Cheers Phil :)

Great job on the engine reveal Lynne. Really like the way this has turned out!

How come the engine is tilited and the ditortion on the coolant bottle?? Did you not take two shots with bonnet up and then down and then eraes some of the bonnet?

Or did you invent a harder way of doing it?? :)

Thanks for popping in Graham :wave: 1st off I did exactly as you say....one shot closed bonnet , one shot open bonnet BUT the engine sits quite low in the Polo so couldn't see as much of it as I wanted ( I'm a short ass & didn't have a step ladder too hand :LOL: ) so took a closer shot of the engine bay . That meant using a bit of the warp transform tool .......hence the slight list :oops: :$ Need to find a car with an In-line engine rather than transverse & see if that makes the job easier......

Really like your machine shot. I can see what you mean about the coolant tank, but to be honest I probably wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't pointed it out.

Cheers David :)

Fabulous first attempt Lynne . . . in fact, pretty damn good for a fourth, fifth or sixth attempt at this even!!!

I really wish you hadn't pointed out the reflections in the headlights, because I would never have noticed them otherwise.
My eye went straight from the engine to the windscreen and I was too busy admiring the lack of reflection and nice clean shot there.

Thanks very much for popping in Sarah, really appreciate it (y) note to self...use 3 shots next time & rotate the cpl :)

That's a brillent idea for Machine, Lynne. Very impressive and very well done.

Cheers Stan :)

another brilliant shot Lynne, tis very clever. Have you tried it with using a car where you can open the bonnet and take a shot then one with the bonnet closed then merging them in layers? Because that's what I thought you'd done here lol :clap:

:D

I can't believe you achieved this after just 4 shots, it would probably have taken me about 40 just to get the correct angle to get the reflections and shiny bits right! A really original idea and very well executed :clap:

Machine, I do like these types of shots and have been tempted myself, but I run out of patience very quickly :D
Nicely executed Lynne (y)

Hi Lynne,

Close up is beautiful. Such vibrant colours and stunning detail.

Machine - I love the moodiness in the photo, the composition is a great idea. Has the engine bay been taken from a slightly different angle from the car's exterior though?

I can't believe you achieved this after just 4 shots, it would probably have taken me about 40 just to get the correct angle to get the reflections and shiny bits right! A really original idea and very well executed :clap:

Thanks Elaine :)

Machine, I do like these types of shots and have been tempted myself, but I run out of patience very quickly :D
Nicely executed Lynne (y)

Cheers Chris...surprisingly very little patience needed ...probably even less if you don't have OCD :D

Hi Lynne,

Close up is beautiful. Such vibrant colours and stunning detail.

Machine - I love the moodiness in the photo, the composition is a great idea. Has the engine bay been taken from a slightly different angle from the car's exterior though?

CHeers Rob.....same angle but I shot the engine much closer as it sit's quite low in the bay.....lesson learnt :)

Time to get my butt in to gear again......been buried under moto x shots all week so only just got round to processing this....at which point I discovered that I'd managed to reset the camera to shoot jpeg instead of RAW:banghead:..........strange thing is it started off as 2.6mb, adjusted whites,cloned a little & sharpened ,saved it & it turned into 33.6mb....what the ????

Wk 14 Alphabet by Blondie606 Photography, on Flickr

Not the most exciting photo but was struggling for idea's & enthusiasm plus I've seen it done before & fancied giving it a try :)

Finally got my prop for Elegant , last week's re-shoot which I shoot & post tomorrow along with , hopefully, a daft idea for Sound.....which may or may not work & may or may not result in a trip to a&e :D

I agree with Andy, very well presented Lynne (y)

As for a (possible) trip to A&E That' s covered alphabet again :D

Hi Lynne - I like your alphabet shot very much

I'm intrigued by your sound idea - I hope you pull it off without a trip to A&E cos I'm dying to see what it will be :)

A bit of a catch up from me Lynne :)
Close, such vibrant colours in the flower head, well lit with sharp, crisp detail. Pretty much a Lynne signature shot (y)

Machine, great bit of photoshoppery there (y)
Your own critique, although they are valid points, i don't think detract in anyway from the overall accomplished image. if you hadn't mentioned them, I doubt I would have noticed.
It is again, a clean, crisp and sharp image which would easily sit well within an advert IMHO.

Alphabet, again a lovely lit shot Lynne, its quite easy in these sort of set ups to lose a little detail in the white plate against white background but you've handled it well.

Good work all round missus :D
I promise I won't leave it so long before i visit again.

Back