weekly Bruja's 2015 52 CHRISTMAS and DONE!!!!

Two nicely captured images. Not much hair left after the summer move for Mr B.

Great DoF for Words, well lit and I like the angle too. Not many can said 'I wrote the book'

Thanks Stan (y)

Hi Jill. Tear: Out of frustration by the look of it. Nice comp and crop (frame not the hair). Words: Spot on theme and very nicely taken.:clap:

Cheers Carl, thanks for looking and commenting :)

Hi Jill ...love the one for Tear ...it reminds me of when I have the grandchildren here :)

Excellent focus on Words and it's nice that it has some personal sentiment too.

Thanks Susie (y)

Good take on Tear [haha] Nice bit of portraiture with crop just at eye level ... works well.

Has Words2 gone missing? I preferred that. Your own published words mean a lot.

You mean this one?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/wT2axa]
http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/wT2ax...photos/brujajill/]Bruja Jill[/url], on Flickr
Words 2 by Bruja Jill, on Flickr[/URL]

I thought it was really boring so I took it down :(

Hi, great image for "tear" just a normal day for him :D and "word" is perfect, especially as they are your own

Hi, Tear, I really like the fact you have cropped Mr B's face and his grimace is great. I'm not sure about his arms coming in from each side, they look a little disjointed.

Words, the WB looks a little off, but I prefer it as opposed to white.

Cheers.

Hi, great image for "tear" just a normal day for him :D and "word" is perfect, especially as they are your own

Hi, Tear, I really like the fact you have cropped Mr B's face and his grimace is great. I'm not sure about his arms coming in from each side, they look a little disjointed.

Words, the WB looks a little off, but I prefer it as opposed to white.

Cheers.

Thanks chaps :)

Jill - What can I say. Your take on Support #1 did fleetingly occur in my thoughts but I suspect I would have been in for some stick if I had posted anything on those lines. Your image is perfect. Beautiful colours against a lovely blue background ... and dare I say, nice exposure and detail. #2 is well taken too and would make a nice abstract but for me #1 takes the prize. :clap:

Hi Jill,

Tear: What a fantastic shot. I really get the feeling he is at his wits end.
Words: I prefer the Words 2 I think. Having your name there in sharp focus works really well.
Support: They do look rather supportive. Spot on theme and I like the fact that the peg colours are in pairs too. Support 2 works well too but it looks like the camera has struggled with the wide dynamic range a bit. I think No1 has the edge for me (y)

Links don't seem to be working in the No Comments thread :thinking:

Support, :naughty: Iike it. I'd prefer it if you could have isolated just three without the poll, anyway, must stop staring at the bras :oops: :$

Cheers.

Support: the bra shot is fantastic, all those colours work so well together and it's just lovely to look at. The second image is great too but for me the first wins [emoji3]

#1 ... excellent! Fantastic props you've got! Great colour and detail against that blues sky ... coloured pegs too. And I really like the poll (do people still use polls?] anyway there's something delightfully 50s/60s naughty-seaside-postcard about it. :clap:

#2 ... good find, and I like the POV.

Last edited:
Wow your up to date Jill!
I'll get there one day too :)
Silhouette ...... No1 for me cracking shot love the colours great sunset too right up my street! Tiny bit of vignette starting to creep in on the corners.
Proverb ..... Love it! This is the topic that really stalled me! Great colours in the water, brilliant idea, touch of Excalibur about it too(y)
Tear.... If you got Mr B to pull harder then you you'd have a Tear and a Tear:). Like the idea really nice even exposure, works very well.
Words .... Your dissertation? I'm going with No2 as I actually like the off white colour. Things like that have a lot of meaning especially and obviously to yourself ! Well done on both counts the shot and the book / document. Great use of DOF of course and diagonals always work well. I'm a bit stuck on this topic too would push up the course notes I have just written for the apprentices but don't want to be a copy cat:D.
Support..... Cracker .... Spat my tea out when I saw this, you never fail to make me laugh so when I have had a bad week I read your posts:)
I thought at first you'd made a boob by putting this up:rolleyes: But it seems like you have great support on TP for your undergarments :clap::banana:
I have to go for No1 even though the camera is working hard against the sky. I love this shot(y)

Well done for catching up Jill:)

Hi Jill ....love the first take on support, looks great against the clear blue sky, like the odd number and the crop, very nicely done.

I do like the sunshade too...it has an abstract look to it that I like a lot.

(I have five images of each shot coming up on my iPad .....is it just me)

Hi Jill - Welcome back, hope you had a great trip :)

(I know you have been back a bit but hey I'm a bit behind :D)

Animal - Smart choice of subject, loving the catchlight in the eye and the real bright detail :)

Pale - My ocd would want the crop slightly different bottom left, but that's my brain being picky, lovely timber, certainly nice and pale/sun bleached, well lit - spot on :)

Silhouette - Ooooo that first one is a cracker, really like that, palm tree, nice sunset and the crop really suits... perfect for me :clap:

Words - Liking both of these you have done, nice angles, lovely and close up and DoF used to it's best :)

Support - Liking the second shot, but the first is the easy winner for me, nicely lit, glad each bra has matching pegs and the dark blue sky being cloud free does not distract, crop wise bang on too, really liking that (y)

love the support shot! Still going strong - great stuff!!

Jill - What can I say. Your take on Support #1 did fleetingly occur in my thoughts but I suspect I would have been in for some stick if I had posted anything on those lines. Your image is perfect. Beautiful colours against a lovely blue background ... and dare I say, nice exposure and detail. #2 is well taken too and would make a nice abstract but for me #1 takes the prize. :clap:

Thanks Carl ;)

Hi Jill,

Tear: What a fantastic shot. I really get the feeling he is at his wits end.
Words: I prefer the Words 2 I think. Having your name there in sharp focus works really well.
Support: They do look rather supportive. Spot on theme and I like the fact that the peg colours are in pairs too. Support 2 works well too but it looks like the camera has struggled with the wide dynamic range a bit. I think No1 has the edge for me (y)

Cheers Lee and thanks for commenting (y)

Links don't seem to be working in the No Comments thread :thinking:

Support, :naughty: Iike it. I'd prefer it if you could have isolated just three without the poll, anyway, must stop staring at the bras :oops: :$

Cheers.

:whistle: People seem quite titillated by this week's entry Andy :ROFLMAO:

Support: the bra shot is fantastic, all those colours work so well together and it's just lovely to look at. The second image is great too but for me the first wins [emoji3]

Thanks Laura (y)

#1 very original, interesting :naughty: and refreshing too :LOL: I actually quite like pole breaking up the line of 'lady underwear' ;)

Hi Stan, glad you like my 'lady undewear' :LOL:

#1 ... excellent! Fantastic props you've got! Great colour and detail against that blues sky ... coloured pegs too. And I really like the poll (do people still use polls?] anyway there's something delightfully 50s/60s naughty-seaside-postcard about it. :clap:

#2 ... good find, and I like the POV.

Yup, definitely fantastic props hehehehe ;)

Wow your up to date Jill!
I'll get there one day too :)
Silhouette ...... No1 for me cracking shot love the colours great sunset too right up my street! Tiny bit of vignette starting to creep in on the corners.
Proverb ..... Love it! This is the topic that really stalled me! Great colours in the water, brilliant idea, touch of Excalibur about it too(y)
Tear.... If you got Mr B to pull harder then you you'd have a Tear and a Tear:). Like the idea really nice even exposure, works very well.
Words .... Your dissertation? I'm going with No2 as I actually like the off white colour. Things like that have a lot of meaning especially and obviously to yourself ! Well done on both counts the shot and the book / document. Great use of DOF of course and diagonals always work well. I'm a bit stuck on this topic too would push up the course notes I have just written for the apprentices but don't want to be a copy cat:D.
Support..... Cracker .... Spat my tea out when I saw this, you never fail to make me laugh so when I have had a bad week I read your posts:)
I thought at first you'd made a boob by putting this up:rolleyes: But it seems like you have great support on TP for your undergarments :clap::banana:
I have to go for No1 even though the camera is working hard against the sky. I love this shot(y)

Well done for catching up Jill:)

Hi Steve, thorough as always and glad I cheer you up :D And yes, I seem to have titillated a lot of people this week ;)

Hi Jill ....love the first take on support, looks great against the clear blue sky, like the odd number and the crop, very nicely done.

I do like the sunshade too...it has an abstract look to it that I like a lot.

(I have five images of each shot coming up on my iPad .....is it just me)

Just you Susie ;) and thanks for commenting (y)

Hi Jill - Welcome back, hope you had a great trip :)

(I know you have been back a bit but hey I'm a bit behind :D)

Animal - Smart choice of subject, loving the catchlight in the eye and the real bright detail :)

Pale - My ocd would want the crop slightly different bottom left, but that's my brain being picky, lovely timber, certainly nice and pale/sun bleached, well lit - spot on :)

Silhouette - Ooooo that first one is a cracker, really like that, palm tree, nice sunset and the crop really suits... perfect for me :clap:

Words - Liking both of these you have done, nice angles, lovely and close up and DoF used to it's best :)

Support - Liking the second shot, but the first is the easy winner for me, nicely lit, glad each bra has matching pegs and the dark blue sky being cloud free does not distract, crop wise bang on too, really liking that (y)

Yes, we had a great trip and also have sold the house and moved into the apartment. It only took 2 months start to finish and this in Spain! I feel your pain over the skip loads of stuff, I still don't know where all our stuff came from :eek:

Thanks for the great feedback as usual (y)

love the support shot! Still going strong - great stuff!!

Hi David, yup, still going strong and glad you like the shot :)

This week's shot is not obviously religious but is a close up of the face of a sculpture commemorating Semana Santa (Holy Week) in Huercal-Overa where we now live. Semana Santa processions are quite spectacular and many of the participants of the "Brotherhoods" wear costumes later adopted by the Ku Klux Klan, and some, such as in Lorca, race chariots down the main street dressed in Roman costumes and are places of World Heritage Interest. Youtube linky

I can't decide which of the two images I prefer and no doubt will get divided opinions as usual ;)

Hi Jill definitely the first one for me, she has a very pretty face. The eyes seem to have a very 'empty' look in the second one so not so sure about that one, it would be nice to see the whole thing. We saw some great processions last year at Easter in Nerja, the Ku Klux Klan thing is rather strange, I should read up the history of it.

Hi Jill, looking at them both I would have liked to have seen the whole thing maybe :thinking: but out of the two the first one for me,
you have done well with the harsh light keeping the detail in there

Support : Wish I'd have though of that. 1st shot all the way - love it, as posiview mentioned I would maybe have removed the pole and just used the 3 on the left as they look to have the same pattern. :)
Religion : 1st one for me too. Sharp and as other have said the hard shadows work well.

Hi Jill
No.1 for me. Having the mouth in shot softens the expression for me. The second one leaves me guessing a bit regarding the emotion portrayed in the sculpture (if that makes sense).

I enjoyed the Youtube video ... I really enjoy those types of event, that one being something extra special. But Jill your image doesn't say Religion/Religious - OK you did warn us - but of the two I prefer #1 ... much better value having a smile.

I love your first idea for support and I'm gutted I didn't think of it!! Well executed too - although your location gives you a much higher chance of a blue sky [emoji6]

Religion - I like the take on the subject, something a little different which is always good, I prefer the first crop as on the second to me it looks like the lips are missing!

Hi Jill.

Religion: #1 for me - the light seems to fall better and prefer that all the facial features show. Excellent :clap:
Geometric: Wow - an in your face type of design. Very striking.

Hi Jill, what on earth is it, it looks printed but I am sure it isn't, and yes it plays havoc with your eyes :eek:

Hi Jill
I'm staring at it trying to figure out what it is, definitely playing havoc with my eyes :). It's a great pattern but I don't get any sense of texture so going with Allan, is it a print?

Jill, just been looking through your Flickr (lots of great stuff), I love Pattern-2!, really clean, simply but very effective. Lighting is great too. Can I ask how you done it?, Piece on white paper and balanced the cone, with lighting straight above?

Last edited:
Yo ... nice pattern ... and that's Geometric ... what is it?

Back