weekly Bruja's 52 - 2017 AWOL and OUT

Good song choice and great timing with the wave breaking over the bottle.

I like the first best Jill - great song, readily identifiable by the image. Nice clean shot of the bottle against that foaming water/.

Hey Jill.
I'm going with #1 too.
The foam breaking over the bottle is really well captured and the Dutch angle works.
Let's have less of this lying in the sand getting soaking wet shall we?
You're only just (nearly?) over your last bout.

#1 is a great shot with the foam breaking over the bottle. Great PoV and great light!

Ahhhhh that's a good idea Jill, love the splash above the bottle :)

Thanks Dean, so it was worth the soaking :p

Good song choice and great timing with the wave breaking over the bottle.

Thanks Chris, a mixture of luck, skill and idiocy to get the shot. I'll leave you to judge :D

I like the first best Jill - great song, readily identifiable by the image. Nice clean shot of the bottle against that foaming water/.

Thanks Carl. It's too early in the year to be more esoteric (or naughty :naughty:) and especially not on New Year's Day so glad you like it (y)

The first image for me, the angle of the bottle is great the capture of the foaming water about to crash over the bottle is fantastic.

Thanks Mandy (y)

Hey Jill.
I'm going with #1 too.
The foam breaking over the bottle is really well captured and the Dutch angle works.
Let's have less of this lying in the sand getting soaking wet shall we?
You're only just (nearly?) over your last bout.

I know, I know, but I never let it get in the way of a good idea :kiss:

#1 is a great shot with the foam breaking over the bottle. Great PoV and great light!

Thanks brrnd, glad the soaking was worth it :p

The first image is my favorite of any this week, from the angle of the shot to the depth of field and color of the sand to how it ties into the song title. :)

Great song and nice movement.

Closer crop also works to get rid of the upper right, many be a slight rotation so not to crop any of the top of the splash.

Cheers.

well worth flapping around on the sand for, works really well with the angle, which is rare I find (y)

Love the angle and the moment you've chosen, with the wave crashing against it. Nice tones too :)

Thanks bery much.Glad you like it.

The first image is my favorite of any this week, from the angle of the shot to the depth of field and color of the sand to how it ties into the song title. :)

Ooh, you can visit again. What a lovely thing to say Kara. Thank you.

Great song and nice movement.

Closer crop also works to get rid of the upper right, many be a slight rotation so not to crop any of the top of the splash.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy (y)

Great photo, easy to identify, is the second one so lonely?

Thanks Clive, and yes, you get the Jaffa cake for the right answer :jaffa:

Super shot Jill, perfect focus and well worth lying on the sand ...the things we do for our 52's :)

Thanks Susie, and you'dmthink I'd have learned my lesson by now :runaway:

well worth flapping around on the sand for, works really well with the angle, which is rare I find (y)

Ooh, thanks Allan and nice to see you back for another year :wave:

A cracking image to kick of your latest 52, Jill, and the muted tones and angle work really well. Love the wave breaking over the bottle too. Not sure it's a good idea to be lying in the surf to get an image at this time of the year, but the result was worth it! :)

Thanks Andrea, looks like I've got my mojo back :whistle:

I seem to spend half my life lying on the floor taking pictures, but usually of ceilings :p MrB pretends I'm on my own :confused:

Yep yep. Agree with all of the above, number 1 is the pick. Spot on shutter speed and perfectly timed with the wave breaking. Love it.

Really love the image, if it is not bad form to say it my favourite one from week 0.

Yep yep. Agree with all of the above, number 1 is the pick. Spot on shutter speed and perfectly timed with the wave breaking. Love it.

Hi Ian, nice to see you here again :wave: and thanks for the lovely feedback (y)

Really love the image, if it is not bad form to say it my favourite one from week 0.

Roger, if you think it you can say it in here, especially when it's such a lovely thing to say :D

Great concept (you don;t even need to say what song it is) and the composition and DOF are spot on.

Yep ... can't fail to get that one! Nicely done, capturing the message in a bottle under the little wave. (y)

Well a great time was had in Madrid over Kings' Day/Night and Dirty Dancing was fantastic. The highlight was 'Johnny's' culo desnudo fantastico :angelic::angelic::whistle::whistle::banana::banana:

I also calmed down enough to take some photos. the first one is in MUJI and the second in Parque El Retiro which had been spruced up for Christmas. Incidentally, in Spain, Christmas festivities start on Christmas eve and end on Kings' Day the 6th of ~January.

My goodness, that's some celebration .... and what a finish !!!! Both images are very Orderly Jill. I like the crockery shot ... does the sign translate to pot noodles? Lovely gardens but the harsh sunlight (forgotten what that's like) has drained the colour a bit.

Nice to see some greenery and sun, as Carl says it feels a bit drained of colour though.

The first shot would be my favourite, I like the mix of bowls on the top shelf with the stacks on the bottom shelf feeling more orderly. Think it's slightly off level though which messes with my eyes a bit.

Back