Clives 52 in 2020

Hi Clive

I prefer the last shot, the 1st is getting lost in the background. The camoflarge is working in that respect.

Pete

Second one for me Clive, it shows the actual physical size.
That's some ship!

I've been to a couple of parties on there over the years. A nice set of images but #3 for me as the boat is more prominent.

Good choice of subject and #1 is interesting with the cranes and changing skyline providing the contrast with the static ship.

First one for me. I think the background is striking as opposed to noisy. Great Shot!

Hi Clive
I prefer the last shot, the 1st is getting lost in the background. The camoflarge is working in that respect.
Pete
Thanks Pete, it is a very busy background.

Last shot for me too Clive, just like the angle more.
Thanks Dave

Second one for me Clive, it shows the actual physical size.
That's some ship!
Cheers Chris it is remarkable long.

A beautiful old ship. I'm also on the #3 bandwagon - not an easy shot to make with such a busy background!
Thank you Shugpug

I've been to a couple of parties on there over the years. A nice set of images but #3 for me as the boat is more prominent.
Thank you Helen

Good choice of subject and #1 is interesting with the cranes and changing skyline providing the contrast with the static ship.
Thanks Phil my favourite too.

First one for me. I think the background is striking as opposed to noisy. Great Shot! /QUOTE]
Thank you David, I liked the background too.

Glad you explained what it was. I would never have known. I like the second one best - I think it is because it is on the diagonal and the colour is a tad different.

Patterns
Love the the feathers. That first one works best for me.

Hi Clive,

Graceful - Lovely colours, nice composition, but graceful?
Good to see you're still using that lensbaby :)
Static - #1 for me. The Belfast always makes me smile given I've been to a couple of pi[redacted]ps held on there. I thought you were going for pattern initially. Love the shortening effect you've achieved from the rear 3/4.
Pattern - I guessed feather when I was ticking this off. I think I prefer the diagonal one tbh.

lovely close up image, great colour and plenty of detail. I really like the 'abstract' nature of it too.

2nd for me too - lovely patterns and textures in the feather. The strong backlight is a rather nice effect as well - nicely thought out.

Glad you explained what it was. I would never have known. I like the second one best - I think it is because it is on the diagonal and the colour is a tad different.
Thank you Joan, the feather changes tone up its length.

Patterns Love the the feathers. That first one works best for me.
Hi Dominic, thank you.

Hi Clive,
Graceful - Lovely colours, nice composition, but graceful?
Good to see you're still using that lensbaby :)
Static - #1 for me. The Belfast always makes me smile given I've been to a couple of pi[redacted]ps held on there. I thought you were going for pattern initially. Love the shortening effect you've achieved from the rear 3/4.
Pattern - I guessed feather when I was ticking this off. I think I prefer the diagonal one tbh.
Hi Tim, there may have been a bit of straw clutching for graceful but I do like the Lensbaby effect.
I like that view too even with the mad background, but is London!
The feather for pattern I would like to have cut it and put one half in the opposite direction but it belongs to my grand daughter and can back from Florida so I didn't dare chop it.

Lovely golden colour don’t mind either one
Thank you Allan

lovely close up image, great colour and plenty of detail. I really like the 'abstract' nature of it too.
Thank you Jim

Liking it Clive, even thought I thought your yellow blinds had done one on you.
Cheers Dave It is a bit blind like.

Nice colour and close-up detail Clive. No 2 for me.
Thank you Pete

2nd for me too - lovely patterns and textures in the feather. The strong backlight is a rather nice effect as well - nicely thought out.
Thank you Shugpug

Nice pattern Clive, I wouldn't have known what it was either.

Lovely abstract.. would never have guessed what it was. #2 for me.. glorious colour and patterning

Next to Billingsgate isn't it? So north of London Bridge rather than Southwark (it's a few years since I worked round there).
It does rather reflect the sky. It's a lot nicer than some of the more modern buildings in the city.

Great for the theme. Is there a building there? I'm not sure if I can see one :ROFLMAO: Would also have fitted the patterns theme. Well spotted.

Next to Billingsgate isn't it? So north of London Bridge rather than Southwark (it's a few years since I worked round there).
It does rather reflect the sky. It's a lot nicer than some of the more modern buildings in the city.
Thanks Tim yes north bank somewhere opposite the shard, I can't remember if we were West of London Bridge or not. It is an attractive building especially on a sunny day.

Great for the theme. Is there a building there? I'm not sure if I can see one :ROFLMAO: Would also have fitted the patterns theme. Well spotted.
Thank you Bebop.

Well spotted Clive. A nice piece of Camouflage

Camouflage
That an interesting take on the theme, it's an excellent photo.

Lovely idea for the theme. Would never have thought of it myself. Nicely composed and exposed too.

Back