weekly Cobra's 52 surreptitious Shoe-horns for 2016 week 52 celebrate and done

Hi, the bee is a little overexposed I think, well maybe harsh light to be honest,
technology, you are certainly having some strange nightmares, maybe too much time on your hands :LOL:
horizontal a bit more contrast maybe certainly horizontal though

Hey Cobra.
Effort - Nature shots are not my bag, but I can appreciate the colours and the effort that must have gone into getting that shot.
Technology - Interesting err... composite? Nicely done :)
Horizontal - He is indeed. I'm with Al, I'm sure that there was perhaps some processing that could have made it pop more.

Hope you're getting better.

Horizontal - He is indeed. I'm with Al, I'm sure that there was perhaps some processing that could have made it pop more.
As I mentioned earlier Tim,
The Tiger was shot on a damp drizzly day through dirty glass, I did try to "pop it" a bit but the colours went to hell so gave up and left it in the end.
I just played with the contrast to try and get a reasonable image out of it.
You should have seen it before I processed it :D

Thanks for dropping by :)

Reactions: LC2
Why do I bother?
Even my landscapes get photo bombed :(

Seals.jpg

Vast, an excuse to shoe horn in something wide.

Otter.jpg

Both work but I do so like the beach scene with all that bathing and wallowing going on - vast crowds, vast scenic. :clap:

You wouldn't want a bite from the little cute thing, I kind of like the first one but its a very small low quality image to see any detail

surreptitious shoe horns :confused:

First one is a good take on the theme (y)

2 great shoehorns there Cobra :LOL:

The first one for me who'd have thought you would get photo bombed by a heard of fast moving Seals

Not a bad photo bomb crowd though !!! Vast - Gob, deep throat at that so, works for me, cracklingly sharp mate (y)
Linda Lovelace, where are you now? :D

Both work but I do so like the beach scene with all that bathing and wallowing going on - vast crowds, vast scenic. :clap:
Thanks Carl :)
Bloody 'eck, that is vast. Nice detail and I would not like to be a fish near that thing :)

Cheers.
Yep I'm sure that isn't the last thing a fish wants to see :D

surreptitious shoe horns :confused: First one is a good take on the theme (y)
OK blatant then :D

2 great shoehorns there Cobra :LOL:The first one for me who'd have thought you would get photo bombed by a heard of fast moving Seals
It really is amazing how fast they move once they see a camera :D

, I kind of like the first one but its a very small low quality image to see any detail
"detail" wasn't really the point Al, it was more the fact of all the "litter" on the beach.
But a tighter crop maybe more to your liking?
And of course another excuse to shoe horn in a Gob shot :D

seal-3.jpg

seal-2.jpg

Cheers Guys I appreciate the feed back (y)

You appear to be dangerously close for the second one
There was actually a low fence and water, between me and he Susie, but I guess no more than about 10 feet away :D
Thanks for dropping by :)

Effort - Great macro, I'd be rubbish at that. Good colours and I imagine difficult to capture.
Technology - Brilliant!
Horizontal - looks perfectly chilled.
Vast, prefer the firs tone the best, bigger sense of scale

Wow...that is one gob indeed. Certainly vast!

Effort - Great macro, I'd be rubbish at that. Good colours and I imagine difficult to capture.
Technology - Brilliant!
Horizontal - looks perfectly chilled.
Vast, prefer the firs tone the best, bigger sense of scale
Thanks for the comments Guys, I appreciate you stopping by :)

Good gobshots ... and the first certainly is Vast ... good 'n sharp too. (y)

Hope your feeling better Cobra
Effort - Great detail in the shot
Technology - lots of Photoshop trickery there.
Horizontal - Lovely shot shame about the weather
Vast - I like beach shot and and the shoe horned gob shot both fit the theme. The smiley one is fun too.

Theres been some great images posted for vast but I think the otter gobshot is my favourite.

Great shot Chris
Cheers Steve much appreciated (y)

Was the second gob shot a repost for Horizontal? ;)
LOL just an excuse for another shoe horn :D

Thanks for dropping by Tim :)

Love that last one Chris - really looks like it's laughing!
Cheers Paul, and it was, at us silly buggers get cold and wet, trying to get the shots :D

And yet another shoe horn, to my shame not had a chance to get out this week-end, so an archive,
Rough love rough bark on the tree, rough enough?

Panda-1.jpg

IMG_5253.jpg

Rough - two lovely shots I like theme both and can see why you chose them.

Excuse Mr le-bra.....the theme is ROUGH......not thus scene of epic CUTENESS... that's not rough....nope...not in slightest....sooooooo cute!!!

Reactions: LC2
Certainly a bit of rough handling by Mum .... at least to us it looks rough, natural to them. Lovely shots, especially the second with the cuddles. Nice green/red contrast in that one too. :clap:

Fascinating couple of shots there it looks like Death to Love, Fits the theme nicely.

Vast; like the later shots, bunch of lazy layabouts. :)

Rough; two interesting shots. Looks rough but I believe that's how they handle the young's.
Yep it certianly is, Stan, grab them by scruff and the legs come up into (almost) the fetal position, so they don't get in the way,
Its kinda disconcerting though when they put the cubs head in their mouths completely :D

Rough - two lovely shots I like theme both and can see why you chose them.

Excuse Mr le-bra.....the theme is ROUGH......not thus scene of epic CUTENESS... that's not rough....nope...not in slightest....sooooooo cute!!!
Sorry about that Sammy I'll try not to let it happen again :(

Certainly a bit of rough handling by Mum .... at least to us it looks rough, natural to them. Lovely shots, especially the second with the cuddles. Nice green/red contrast in that one too. :clap:

Thanks guys I appreciate the kind comments :)

Last edited:
Back