weekly Cobra's epic fail for 2015, week 52 A Christmas shoe horn and done :)

:eek:
Well your thread never disappoints Cobra :) perfect choice in putting those two shots together even if they are archive shots again !
Thanks Susie, :) Meh, I had good excuse this week for that :D
Not sure what the next 54 excuses will be though :D

well on that point I am impressed, for some reason I thought it had been in some way put together, I can only apologise
No need Al, maybe I should have kept my mouth shut and taken the compliment for the "impressive" photo chopping, if only I was anywhere near that good though.:D

Some females do (namely *cough* me) when nobody's looking :exit:
I was only speaking from experience, Nora and not casting general aspersions :D

Wow, Mr. Hissy... It seems that you are now dubbed as the chimp whisperer :LOL: Spot on theme :clap: No shoehorning required except for the archieved image, of course
You wanna see what I can get the Elephants to do, but that's a whole new thread :D

Thanks guys, your kind comments are much appreciated (y)

Organised before and after ... very good :clap:

Ahem ... I thought all your shots were from the archives. :thinking:

Organised before and after ... very good :clap:
Thanks David (y)

Ahem ... I thought all your shots were from the archives. :thinking:
Oi! :p

The zoo is only a short drive from me, so quite a few are specially prepared for the 52'ers
The none zoo ones certainly are . (y)

Last edited:
specially prepared ... the syringe full of Fairy Liquid was made to order ... wasn't it :thinking:

specially prepared ... the syringe full of Fairy Liquid was made to order ... wasn't it :thinking:
LOL as I said in the thread it was plain water, but it didn't show well enough so added a touch of colour in photoshop.
And yes as above, it was a specially prepared image for the 52's

Probably the biggest shoe horn from me so far, at least its not an archive shot this week :D

Is it living or is it a statue?

R2.jpg

Two brothers living in harmony ( for now at least)

C1.jpg

Last edited:
[Your Deity] only knows if #1 is a statue or not. Not too much of a shoehorn, I think most of us are shoehorning (or perhaps thinking outside the box) this week if the truth be told. Nice and sharp shot, a bit lacking in colours, couldn't you have splashed some fresh paint on it?

Those poor big cats don't like being photograped do they, you're getting the evil eye there (or perhaps they are thinking you'll do for dinner).

I'm going the guess that the rhino is real and I love the way you cant tell where one leopard ends and the other starts, doesn't seem like a shoehorn is needed to me.

perhaps thinking outside the box
Yeah thats the buzz word(s) for next year (y) :D
couldn't you have splashed some fresh paint on it?
Have you seen the size of its mum? :eek:
Its a 3 month old greater one horned Rhino, BTW and that is the only colour they come in I'm afraid :D
Those poor big cats don't like being photograped do they, you're getting the evil eye there (or perhaps they are thinking you'll do for dinner).
For some reason the boys always look grumpy, compared to the females
Like the cheetahs Chris, would crop the oof bit on the bottom.
Having looked again, your are quite right Michael
I should have chopped it at the rocks (y)
I'm going the guess that the rhino is real and I love the way you cant tell where one leopard ends and the other starts, doesn't seem like a shoehorn is needed to me.
Thanks Chris and the rest of you guys (y)

Last edited:
Hi, I do like a Rhino, beautiful animals and as its definitely living the shoe horn must be safely away in the draw for next week (y)

Well they're living and breathing so I don't think that's much of a shoehorn.

I love baby rhino, we saw a white rhino once at Paington Zoo and the ground shook as it moved, it was behind a glass screen ....quite scary.

Leopards do look as if they're Siamese twins ....beautiful shot (but yes, a crop at the bottom would be good :))

I spotted this and thought of you :cobra: :D

the shoe horn must be safely away in the draw for next week (y)
Make that ( for all of ) next year Allan :D

I love baby rhino, we saw a white rhino once at Paington Zoo and the ground shook as it moved, it was behind a glass screen ....quite scary.
That's the best part about Whipsnade, Susie, most of the animals are roaming free with electric fences or other barriers such as dry / wet moats
( They are Cheetahs BTW )

Thanks for dropping by guys (y)

Great shot of the cheetahs - love the bored yet alerts expressions. Wouldn't want to mess around with those brothers. :clap:

Great shot of the cheetahs - love the bored yet alerts expressions. Wouldn't want to mess around with those brothers. :clap:
Love the armour plating on the rhino :)#2 for me, closer crop, though, wonderful animals. Cheers.

They both work for me Chris... prefer the rhino image, it sure looks odd standing downhill like that, it looks braced ready for you to ponce ot it :D
Make that pounce Eh Dean ? :D

Cheers guys (y)

OK so I didn't do them all this year, must try harder next.
But for now I'd like to wish you a

Xmas-card-1.jpg

Last edited:
My gosh, must have missed a load of these with my late start but what a fabulous collage. Excellent range and beautiful images. Have a good one and thanks for all your efforts with TP52. :clap:

My gosh, must have missed a load of these with my late start but what a fabulous collage. Excellent range and beautiful images. Have a good one and thanks for all your efforts with TP52. :clap:
Thanks for the kind words on both counts Carl (y)

Great idea for the theme, happy Christmas to you and yours and thanks for running this challenge again next year (n)

Great idea for the theme, happy Christmas to you and yours and thanks for running this challenge again next year (n)
LOL
and the same to you and yours Chris (y)

Just :LOL: :ROFLMAO: then :eek:

What a great ending to the year Chris. More of the same please in 2016!
LOL Thanks Stan (y)

*Please take note that I actually resisted the temptation to call it an armoured-dildo :D

Hi, nice end to the year, and thanks for pulling these awful topics out of the hat for us,

hope you have had a good christmas

Nice one 'o scaly master of the 52s.
An excellent montage of shots there with a couple of gob shots too.
Cheers Tim (y)

Hi Hissy

That's two weeks in a row there hasn't been a shoehorn in sight........ disappointing, very disappointing. What sort of an example is that to set for us for next year, tsk, tsk.

Loving the boys, and I can agree that the male expression, in my experience, is generally more grumpy that that of a female :LOL::ROFLMAO:. A slight crop and that is a cracker :coat:

Christmas however doesn't disappoint :p Great idea and a belated Merry Christmas to you and yours Chris. Bring on 2016 :rolleyes:

That's two weeks in a row there hasn't been a shoehorn in sight........ disappointing, very disappointing. What sort of an example is that to set for us for next year, tsk, tsk.
Normal service has been resumed for week 0 (y)

is generally more grumpy that that of a female :LOL::ROFLMAO:
It certainly applies to the Cheetah brothers that's for sure :D
Christmas however doesn't disappoint :p Great idea and a belated Merry Christmas to you and yours Chris. Bring on 2016 :rolleyes:
Thanks Jill, and the same to you and yours (y)

Back