weekly Daniel_Paul's 2018 52'er - Week Twelve Juxtaposition ADDED

Abundance - Love the first 2 monos but its got the be the second one as Dave says that is a cracking image (y)

Good work. I saw something in the video [3.39] showing the bottom half (or something) of the columns squared off with grass at ground level. Tied up & straightened up, looked another interesting option ... the red/blue brick and green grass, boost those colours. :)

... just a thought.

Last edited:
Good work. I saw something in the video [3.39] showing the bottom half (or something) of the columns squared off with grass at ground level. Tied up & straightened up, looked another interesting option ... the red/blue brick and green grass, boost those colours. :)

... just a thought.

The problem is the grass is sloping away to the left so it all looked a bit wonky with the grass included which is annoying as I had taken some shots for this purpose!

What an amazing structure and a great set of images. I prefer the coloured ones as I love all the different colours in the brickwork. Great sky in the last one, very brooding. Excellent vlog too :D

Some really nice images there. I particularly like the last whole bridge view and the colour shot of the arches going into infinity.Good work!

What an amazing structure and a great set of images. I prefer the coloured ones as I love all the different colours in the brickwork. Great sky in the last one, very brooding. Excellent vlog too :D

Some really nice images there. I particularly like the last whole bridge view and the colour shot of the arches going into infinity.Good work!

Thank you both! I'm glad I included both colour and mono now!!

Guard - I like the edited lock best
Thick - I like your idea with the footprint but the second picture is better.
Abundance - Some great shots there I like the abstract feel of the 2nd and 3rd and the patchwork of colours in the bricks appeals to me but I like the mono shots better torn between 1 and 2 I think 2 just pips it to the post

Heavy, got to be the last one for me Daniel. Like that the horse is looking right at you too, poor thing out in this horrible weather even if they can handle it better than us.
Thanks Dave!

There was a small hut just off to the right for them but it was brutal out there, very cold!

Tractor for me to like Chris says I would crop the top off as it doesn't really add anything to the image.

I find the portrait orientation an odd choice for all three. And the PP! or is it in-camera HDR?

I seem to have missed a few of yours, Daniel, probably while struggling to keep up to date with my own thread. Since my last visit, I really like the sword in the sunset for Sharp, which is just a lovely warm image and nicely composed. I also like the padlock for Guard and the square crop really makes the lock itself the real focus of the image, and you posted a strong set for Abundance; I can't pick a favourite as B&W works well for all the great shapes and curves but I also enjoy the great colours of the bricks in those images (y)

All your Heavy shots work well Sir, with the shot of the Tractor just about edging it for me.(y)

George.

I find the portrait orientation an odd choice for all three. And the PP! or is it in-camera HDR?

There was far too much going on around the subjects for landscape, I did take a couple in landscape but felt it lacked a focul point in the image!

I seem to have missed a few of yours, Daniel, probably while struggling to keep up to date with my own thread. Since my last visit, I really like the sword in the sunset for Sharp, which is just a lovely warm image and nicely composed. I also like the padlock for Guard and the square crop really makes the lock itself the real focus of the image, and you posted a strong set for Abundance; I can't pick a favourite as B&W works well for all the great shapes and curves but I also enjoy the great colours of the bricks in those images (y)
I know, I can't keep up with everyone's either, you're not alone! Thanks for the feedback Andrea!

All your Heavy shots work well Sir, with the shot of the Tractor just about edging it for me.(y)

George.

Thanks George!

Like the digger shot but prefer the horse shot myself. Although there is something sinister about the way that horse is looking at you!
Like the vlog again, it is good to see how others go about a theme.

Heavy - For the theme I think the tractor fits best but it is very tight on the sides then lots of boring sky maybe a landscape shot or a square crop would have been better.
I like the horse shot but feel the colours are washed out the hay is very white.

Daniel

I prefer the tractor cropped shot. I really like the bright blue of the tractor against the pale blue of the Sky. Would be better with out the car/van in the background, but hayho it was there.

Pete

I found 'Wet' really difficult for some reason, it took me a few attempts to get something I was happy with which was annoying.

I think this one is my favourite, the water and the texture of the wood I think work quite well

Wet-8 by Daniel Paul, on Flickr

Wet-6 by Daniel Paul, on Flickr

Wet-2 by Daniel Paul, on Flickr

Wet-10 by Daniel Paul, on Flickr

Like the digger shot but prefer the horse shot myself. Although there is something sinister about the way that horse is looking at you!
Like the vlog again, it is good to see how others go about a theme.

I know, right place right time for sure although it was following me up and down which is a bit scary....!

Heavy - For the theme I think the tractor fits best but it is very tight on the sides then lots of boring sky maybe a landscape shot or a square crop would have been better.
I like the horse shot but feel the colours are washed out the hay is very white.

Thanks for the feedback, you're right about the hay, I should have checked that really!

Daniel

I prefer the tractor cropped shot. I really like the bright blue of the tractor against the pale blue of the Sky. Would be better with out the car/van in the background, but hayho it was there.

Pete

Yeah it was one of those "that sort of fits the theme" jobbys....! Cheers Pete

Great set of Wet shots Sir, with some very good takes on the theme. My fav' would be the first shot water on the wood.(y)

George.

Another nice set of images with a variety of subjects and styles, but my favourite is the first one. I might have cropped off the background details at the top of the frame, but I really like the sharp water drops and the colours and textures of the wood below; it fits the theme very well.

Great set of Wet shots Sir, with some very good takes on the theme. My fav' would be the first shot water on the wood.(y)

George.

First wet shot for me, I like how the droplets pick out the grain in the wood.

Another nice set of images with a variety of subjects and styles, but my favourite is the first one. I might have cropped off the background details at the top of the frame, but I really like the sharp water drops and the colours and textures of the wood below; it fits the theme very well.

Nice set of Wet theme shots. Prefer the first one but I would even crop out the top half of the image to cut out the out-of-focus background.

First for me too, and I don't mind the OOF BG here.

Thanks all, much appreciated as always!

Like the first one a lot Daniel, but the glass tipped over on the tile is a good one too with the reflection well caught. Good set.:clap:

Like the first one a lot Daniel, but the glass tipped over on the tile is a good one too with the reflection well caught. Good set.:clap:
Cheers John much appreciated!

Daniel

Wet, I like the first one, nice details in the drops, dof works well for me, the brown colours work well.

I also like the last one, fits in with your other themes.

Pete

Wet - First one for me too - good beading and oof highlights as you get further back. I might have made it a square crop and lost the parts past the table.

Hi Daniel,

Heavy - Definitely fighting with the sky and light in those shots. I think I'm going with the tractor thought I coudn't tell you exactly why. It feels more naturally edited perhaps?

Wet - I want to say Wet-10, I'm wondering what 6 cylinder lump that is, but actually I think my pick is wet-8, the one you picked... For the use of leading lines into the water.

Wet I think its got to be the first one I really like the extreme DoF you've used

Abundance - WOW what a great set of images for the theme, #1 and #4 really stand out for me.
Heavy - it has to be the last one of the horse looking at you a lovely capture.
Wet - another great set of images, I share your like for the first image. The wood really enhances the water on it, a good capture.

Back