weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

Don't get it, why that reflection? not liking the ceiling tiles or the fact you have cut the bottom of the building off, on a plus point its definitely architecture

Don't get it, why that reflection? not liking the ceiling tiles or the fact you have cut the bottom of the building off, on a plus point its definitely architecture

Thank you Allan. Why that reflection is it was the best one I could find on a sunny day, it is a reflection so will show the ceiling tiles, and I did not cut the bottom off as it was the reflection of how it came out. Thanks again :)

Last edited:
Isn't that just a temporary hold before the fall :) well caught!

Liking the OTT bandstand , all light & fluffiness, if a bit tight at the bottom.

The shirtless boy works well against the solid BG. (y)

Liking the OTT bandstand , all light & fluffiness, if a bit tight at the bottom.

The shirtless boy works well against the solid BG. (y)

d00d took the words out of my mouth ...two spot on shots Dave.

Liking that Dave, lots of lines with the stick things crossing the lines of the paving, the vivid colours of them works nice too :)

I agree, well caught re-shoot

Thank you folks for the comments, I was a bit gutted at how much I had to crop the bandstand, a lot of rubbish was in the way :(

Last one for me too, there's something about the crop and the overhanging part of the structure in the first two that confuse my feeble brain.

Liking the last one too. Showing the whole thing, if that is all that's left.

Amazing detail .... HDR?

Like them all but the last one tells more the story

Thank you Stan :)

Last one for me too, there's something about the crop and the overhanging part of the structure in the first two that confuse my feeble brain.

Thank you Chris, I cropped the first two just to show where it is broken :)

Liking the last one too. Showing the whole thing, if that is all that's left.

Amazing detail .... HDR?

Thanks David, did it in Topaz then Nik Collection :)

Hi Dave,

Large - Bang on for the theme, sn sufficiently filling the frame.
I kind of wish one of them were looking your way, but then again, I wouldn't be attracting their attention...
Architecture - #2 for me. The reflections of the ceiling tiles in #1 make it look like a snapshot imo. The detail vibrancy of #2 however, is excellent.
Re-shoot : Hold - I guess he needs to be looking at the sticks, but for me it lacks engagement with the photographer
Broken - The first one for me, the darker processing suits the decay more I feel.
I also like that it's study of a section of the pier, in the full shot you lose some of the impact of the detail.
Transport - Tut tut, no gloves and trainers. He doesn't want to come off that. Were you panning (I think you were), 1/200th just about gives some motion blur, but it's crying out for a slightly slower shutter.

Hi Dave,

Large - Bang on for the theme, sn sufficiently filling the frame.
I kind of wish one of them were looking your way, but then again, I wouldn't be attracting their attention...
Architecture - #2 for me. The reflections of the ceiling tiles in #1 make it look like a snapshot imo. The detail vibrancy of #2 however, is excellent.
Re-shoot : Hold - I guess he needs to be looking at the sticks, but for me it lacks engagement with the photographer
Broken - The first one for me, the darker processing suits the decay more I feel.
I also like that it's study of a section of the pier, in the full shot you lose some of the impact of the detail.
Transport - Tut tut, no gloves and trainers. He doesn't want to come off that. Were you panning (I think you were), 1/200th just about gives some motion blur, but it's crying out for a slightly slower shutter.

Thank you Tim for the words, for Transport yes I was panning and why I had it on 1/200 was when I go lower, I tend to screw up so I need to practice more :)

I think its a bit busy BG wise which is a bit distracting more motion blur as suggested would help

You've got good separation of the rider from the background - in a 20 zone and coming up to a junction I guess it would be hard to get a lot of motion blur?

Thanks Emma, he was doing about 25-30 mph as the lights had just changed to green for him, just near the Bandstand :)

I think its a bit busy BG wise which is a bit distracting more motion blur as suggested would help

Thanks Allan, on a busy main road the BG will be a bit busy, but as I said, I still need practice as the only time I do any panning is at the Airshows I go too :)

On theme and better than any panning shot I've ever made. Soon be airshow season so all the practice helps. Good job.

On theme and better than any panning shot I've ever made. Soon be airshow season so all the practice helps. Good job.

Thank you Chris, we can`t wait till Eastbourne Airshow as we go every year and have done for the last 12 yrs, even the Shoreham one, but that is not on this yr.

It's all been said, you've got enough motion blur to be convincing I think and the bike is sharp and well detailed

Back