weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

Hi David, Caught up on my shots, so now trying to catch up on some commenting!

Structure - 2nd one for me too. I like the fancy wall and the lady in red. What is the scaffolding thing in the middle?
Routine - love the stoat, great pov and dof. So cute too
Numbers - 513 lots of lovely detail in his coat, shame he wouldn't play ball and look a bit more in you direction
Hairy Reshoot - Lovely colours and dof. very hairy aswell
Evolve - Last one for me, Love the colours and all the detail of the pollen stuck to the bee

:D

I think I agree with Susie about a crop taking away some of the clutter behind him, David.

Hi David, Caught up on my shots, so now trying to catch up on some commenting!

Structure - 2nd one for me too. I like the fancy wall and the lady in red. What is the scaffolding thing in the middle?
Routine - love the stoat, great pov and dof. So cute too
Numbers - 513 lots of lovely detail in his coat, shame he wouldn't play ball and look a bit more in you direction
Hairy Reshoot - Lovely colours and dof. very hairy aswell
Evolve - Last one for me, Love the colours and all the detail of the pollen stuck to the bee

:D

So much going on but still on theme, well spotted.

A bit busy, but well spotted.

Thank you folks, I do agree it was rushed as have been struggling with my photography mojo, so am going to give B&W a go to try and help me, @Missycat the structure shot is the two piers we have in Brighton, one is a ruins and the other is the one with fairground type rides :)

I think it tells a good story. Perhaps not the strongest link to the theme, but I like the clutter. I especially like how he has stuff all over the lawn whilst he is working away. His scruffy rock look ties in with the scruffy workspace. The Union Jack mug just tops it off :)

I think it tells a good story. Perhaps not the strongest link to the theme, but I like the clutter. I especially like how he has stuff all over the lawn whilst he is working away. His scruffy rock look ties in with the scruffy workspace. The Union Jack mug just tops it off :)

Thank you Gremlin, the lawn did look scruffy a lot :)

Shoehorn alert :exit:

The things you spot when out & about with a camera and the theme nagging. Thanks for sharing. :)

Not your best work, but I think you know that...
We all have weeks that are better than others, ask me how I know...... ;)

Not your best work, but I think you know that...
We all have weeks that are better than others, ask me how I know...... ;)

Thanks Mark, and agree 100% it is not my best, I think I was going off my photography as mojo was very low. I have just started to read up about photography and am feeling better. Watch this space for Smoke, as I have a plan :)

I have always loved getting shots of candles and the smoke, so when Cobra picked smoke I was happy. Two shots one showing a bit of the candle and the other cropped, I wanted to get the smoke silky and soft looking, and am quite chuffed that I managed it, BG is my black foam core board that I used.

Smoke by David Ore, on Flickr

Smoke 1 by David Ore, on Flickr

Last edited:
It works for me, maybe a shallower dof would have been better, but I don't mind the stuff in the foreground it fits in with what he's doing.

I think I prefer the abstract look of the second Dave - i wonder how it would look flipped l-r so your eye follows the smoke trail along?

with Emma ... without the candle and flipping it is not a bad idea.

I agree second one but you really need to get some light in there, do you have OCF

I'm with the flow of the rest here, I always like a left to right flow, I do like the shot without the past candle too :)

I agree that the second shot, being more abstract, works better than the first.

Thank you folks for the words and good feedback on flipping it, I will try it once I get it off flickr as deleted the shots :)

I agree, I think that having more of the candle in the first may have worked but the second makes an interesting abstract

I agree too, number 2. They do have an astro look to them. Something you might see bursting out from the surface of Enceladus (one of Saturn's moons)

I agree with the majority, #2 works better for me without the candle in it. Think I would have preferred the smoke to be a little brighter but you acheived getting the smoke looking silky.

Thank you Steve :)

I agree too, number 2. They do have an astro look to them. Something you might see bursting out from the surface of Enceladus (one of Saturn's moons)

Thank you Dominic for the comment and looking :)

That is bang on Dave, great control of the saturated colours with lovely details, very well done :clap:

It's hurting my eyes ;)
It's most definitely vivid, good contrast against the blue/purple flowers behind.

That is bang on Dave, great control of the saturated colours with lovely details, very well done :clap:

Thank you Chris, it was fun trying to get the edit right :)

It's hurting my eyes ;)
It's most definitely vivid, good contrast against the blue/purple flowers behind.

Thank you Dominic, it was hurting my eyes too while editing :)

That red and purple certainly fits the theme for me :) As Chris said there's good detail in the tulips and great dof to separate them cicely from the bluebells. I love the way the petal is down in the one flower to give some added interest to. Really nicely done (y)

That red and purple certainly fits the theme for me :) As Chris said there's good detail in the tulips and great dof to separate them cicely from the bluebells. I love the way the petal is down in the one flower to give some added interest to. Really nicely done (y)

Perfect for the theme Dave ...that screams Vivid, well spotted and really nicely composed :clap:

that is very vivid, a bit more separation from the bluebells would of been nice maybe :thinking:

Thank you Emma,Susie and Allan for looking and commenting :)

Back