weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

The beach huts with the big hotels behind make for a classic seaside scene but I'd go with the Hove park seat for the theme. So much work and detail in the carving and you have photographed it well, if I had to pick I'd go for the second because of the shallower DoF but I think they are good as a set.

The beach huts with the big hotels behind make for a classic seaside scene but I'd go with the Hove park seat for the theme. So much work and detail in the carving and you have photographed it well, if I had to pick I'd go for the second because of the shallower DoF but I think they are good as a set.

Thank you Chris for the nice words, sadly a big chunk has been broken off :(

Ah the huts I like ... good perspective. (y)

and the chair ... is that the same one posted B&W on the discussion thread? If so that (B&W shot) is a better compo, I think.

Last edited:
Two nice shots, Dave. Like the colourful huts of the first but not too sure about the person in the shot if anything I would prefer him near the left. Love the carvings of the chair very detailed.

Thank you Stan for the comment, the carving is really beautiful to see as a lot of work must of gone in to it :)

Great idea for bent, I like the shadow, maybe you could have made more of this? The wood carvings are really lovely, my favourite is the second one, it really shows all the details:D

Great idea for bent, I like the shadow, maybe you could have made more of this? The wood carvings are really lovely, my favourite is the second one, it really shows all the details:D

Thank you Georgina for the nice words, wish I could of made the shadow stand out more too.

Hi Dave,

I knew I'd have quite a few to catch up on yours :)

Display - Food for me, because:
The colours are great and it truly is a display
The park shot feels wonky (I appreciate it probably isn't, but it feels that way).

Bent - A clever bit of sculpture and you've captured it really well against the almost pure white background.
No blown highlights and the inclusion of the shadows ensure that it is grounded.

Wood - The beach huts can be a bugger to capture without bodies in the way, so well done getting that shot with only 1 person in it. I'm going to plump for the wooden chair though. Perhaps #2 of the 3 as it has the tree as background with a halo of sky around it. That park of yours really does have a slope to it, doesn't it.

Hi Dave,

I knew I'd have quite a few to catch up on yours :)

Display - Food for me, because:
The colours are great and it truly is a display
The park shot feels wonky (I appreciate it probably isn't, but it feels that way).

Bent - A clever bit of sculpture and you've captured it really well against the almost pure white background.
No blown highlights and the inclusion of the shadows ensure that it is grounded.

Wood - The beach huts can be a bugger to capture without bodies in the way, so well done getting that shot with only 1 person in it. I'm going to plump for the wooden chair though. Perhaps #2 of the 3 as it has the tree as background with a halo of sky around it. That park of yours really does have a slope to it, doesn't it.

Thank you Tim for the comments, yes Hove park is steep in some places :)

Hope you are on the mend, it's spot on for the theme and I like that the wall dominates the photo and it reads nicely from left to right.

That looks a rather old wall Dave, good find for the subject

"display" would have liked it head on but I get why you couldn't, pity

"bent" nice bit of wire bending, the BG could be better I take it you were going for white, I find taking these things outside on a bright but cloudy day helps to get an even white also using exposure comp is a big help

"wood" the beach huts is a much better pic than the last beach huts you put in, but I will go for the second sculpture as it shows the detail a little better

"wall" I think a little more PP on it might bring it out a little it looks a little flat and dark, might be something to work on in-between coughing your lungs out :)

"display" would have liked it head on but I get why you couldn't, pity

"bent" nice bit of wire bending, the BG could be better I take it you were going for white, I find taking these things outside on a bright but cloudy day helps to get an even white also using exposure comp is a big help

"wood" the beach huts is a much better pic than the last beach huts you put in, but I will go for the second sculpture as it shows the detail a little better

"wall" I think a little more PP on it might bring it out a little it looks a little flat and dark, might be something to work on in-between coughing your lungs out :)

Thanks for looking and the comments Allan :)

Wall ... think Allan's got a point ... needs beefing up a bit.

... wishing you well.

Bent
Nice idea I think maybe a different background would have helped make the bike stand out.

Wood
Really like the beach huts. Nice bright, vibrant colours.

Wall
I like a good old flint wall, you don't find them much (if at all) where I live.

Well it is good to get out and keep up with the themes Dave, one feat that seems to have passed me by this year following a strong start, but hey, still all in here with strong spirit (y)

Thanks for the comment and looking Dean :)

Bent
Nice idea I think maybe a different background would have helped make the bike stand out.

Wood
Really like the beach huts. Nice bright, vibrant colours.

Wall
I like a good old flint wall, you don't find them much (if at all) where I live.

Thank you Dominic too for the comment :)

Sorry to hear you are still not feeling well and I agree anout the weather, it really doesn't inspire. Still at least you got your photo in for this week.

Sorry to hear you are still not feeling well and I agree anout the weather, it really doesn't inspire. Still at least you got your photo in for this week.

Thank you Chris, on antibiotics now for my chest.

At least you are up to date Dave, onwards and upwards

Thank you too Allan.

Hope u feel better soon Dave, an interesting item for the theme

Back