weekly IanD's 52 Week 2019 Walk Of Shame - Week 26 - Drink

Distant - A clever idea, I like your take on the theme.
Cold - quite abstract I like the diagonal lines.
wait - Another clever idea, works really well in B/W
Rough - Looks like your set to settle down for a read. nicely lit.
Object - good spot - and I don't blame them for objecting I do too.
Wet - Lovely reflection, great shot
Free week - Fabulous colours, I like the cross section of the Tulip, I agree about cropping the glass out
Entrance - Looks like something from an old vampire movie the processing really suits it. I like the Tunnel shot too especially the reflection in the puddle.
Young- looks like they are enjoying a day out, nice natural shot, looks great.
Food - the pop of colour from the yolk stands out well against the almost monotone of the rest of the image.
Smooth - good take on the theme and the reflection is nice

Last edited:
Thanks so much to everyone for having a look and taking the time to comment.

Kind comments and constructive comments are always very welcome to guide me along with my hobby

Popped out earlier to see if I could wrap up this week's theme.

Went to the very top of the local multi storey car park and spent 20 minutes peering down from above

Quite pleased with this one :)

52WK2019 - Above by ***tuttifrutti***, on Flickr

Food - Really like the composition and the lighting! Black background suits the image and the egg dripping makes the photo, very nice for SooC!
Smooth - I like the colours and the reflections of the drill bits. Not having done any focus stacking/image stitching I can imagine its a very labour intensive process. I think you have a nice image there.
Above - Well worth the wait! Top down perspective is great and the car finishes it off nicely.

Nice Ian!

Smashing image Ian....your patience and time spent paid off!:clap:
Terrific top-down perspective, which on its own would be very interesting, but the car is an inspired piece of storytelling! Perfectly placed!
Love it!!(y)

Cheers Gareth. Much appreciated. I didn't have to wait too long as there's a KFC 50 yards away so plenty of cars coming through

Great image for above nice placement of the car

Thanks Allan. Worked out just right for me

Agree with the above :D comments for your image for above. A well taken shot and nice that you got the car in view.

Thanks very much Dave

Food - Really like the composition and the lighting! Black background suits the image and the egg dripping makes the photo, very nice for SooC!
Smooth - I like the colours and the reflections of the drill bits. Not having done any focus stacking/image stitching I can imagine its a very labour intensive process. I think you have a nice image there.
Above - Well worth the wait! Top down perspective is great and the car finishes it off nicely.

Nice Ian!

Thanks very much for all the positive comments Dom

Initially, I wasn't too sure about the car tucked away in the corner but after looking at it longer I actually quite like it as is. I like you managed to have the whole 'box' captured in the frame and the car diagonally parallel with the lines.

Thanks Stan. Much appreciated. I did have a few without the car but I desperately wanted one to drive into view to give it the 'illegal' slant

Above - really nice find Ian, like that you have included a car also, gives the image something a bit extra!

Hi Ian ....catch up time for me.

FREE I've no idea why you weren't happy with it, I think its excellent, super colours, and lots of detail, an very eye catching shot.

ENTRANCE That looks very spooky indeed, I also like the second one, perfect choice in the b& white, it emphasizes the reflection in the puddle.

YOUNG That's so natural, I love the way they're not all posing, kids having fun ...just the way it should be.

FOOD I've got those egg cups :) I like the choice of the black background it sets it off well and the addition of the spoon is spot on, perfect for the theme.

SMOOTH I think this one is my favourite, well done with putting that one together with the separate images, perfect reflection, they almost look as if they're floating on water, the colours make it special too.

ABOVE Your patience paid off ...a perfect choice for the theme!

Excellent shot for above. Your patience paid off very well. It's a very well thought out and composed shot. :clap:

Nice and simple shot for Hot and spot on theme. One tiny thing for me is that the blacks in-between the chilli's appear a touch too deep on my monitor but it may look different to others of course.

Hot
Not bad, not bad at all. My only criticism is, that I've now got to think of something else for the theme :LOL:

Above and Hot are both nice images :)

ABOVE - I would be pleased too. Great idea!
HOT - Well, as you say, box ticked off. But the bg is a good choice and it's pin sharp!

Catching up on my comments

Entrance-I really like this, lovely mono conversion
Young-Another great mono shot, great capture
Smooth-Sounds like a lot of work blending 7 images, but a very good result
Food-Another great shot, especially for SOOC
Above-Nice graphic image, well seen
Hot-I much prefer the second one, purely because there's a lot of chili shots this week.

The effort was worth it for "above", clever image that works really well. I like it a lot! I also like the second hot, lots of interesting detail in the steam.

Above - really nice find Ian, like that you have included a car also, gives the image something a bit extra!

Thanks Daniel - it all fell into place nicely :)

Hi Ian ....catch up time for me.

FREE I've no idea why you weren't happy with it, I think its excellent, super colours, and lots of detail, an very eye catching shot.

ENTRANCE That looks very spooky indeed, I also like the second one, perfect choice in the b& white, it emphasizes the reflection in the puddle.

YOUNG That's so natural, I love the way they're not all posing, kids having fun ...just the way it should be.

FOOD I've got those egg cups :) I like the choice of the black background it sets it off well and the addition of the spoon is spot on, perfect for the theme.

SMOOTH I think this one is my favourite, well done with putting that one together with the separate images, perfect reflection, they almost look as if they're floating on water, the colours make it special too.

ABOVE Your patience paid off ...a perfect choice for the theme!

Thanks for all the comments Susie. Very much appreciated

Hot looks a good image, liking the faint shadows and colourful too.

Thanks Dave

Great take on the Theme for hot.

Thanks Chenti

Excellent shot for above. Your patience paid off very well. It's a very well thought out and composed shot. :clap:

Nice and simple shot for Hot and spot on theme. One tiny thing for me is that the blacks in-between the chilli's appear a touch too deep on my monitor but it may look different to others of course.

Thanks Lee. You are right. I was trying to process and get real depth and colour to what I thought was actually a quite bland image, but think I over processed a bit

Great image for the 'hot' theme Ian!
I like the simple composition and the texture and colour of the surface they're on works well.
Fab, punchy colours and nicely lit, I like the vignette too.
Excellent work!(y)

Thanks very much Gareth

Hot
Not bad, not bad at all. My only criticism is, that I've now got to think of something else for the theme :LOL:

Cheers Dom. I thought about this as a subject and made sure I didn't look at others images first this week, to distract me.

Not your usual high standard this week but understand your busy schedule ahead. Nevertheless, it's good enough for the theme.

Thanks Stan. I tend to agree with you. Tough critique is a positive thing for me. I wasn't over-happy with it and am trying not to just tick boxes each week

Above and Hot are both nice images :)

Thank you Dave

ABOVE - I would be pleased too. Great idea!
HOT - Well, as you say, box ticked off. But the bg is a good choice and it's pin sharp!

Thanks very much Bob. I like the fact that you thought it was pin sharp. I'm looking at my images and thinking sometimes they are not, but maybe i'm being too self-critical

Catching up on my comments

Entrance-I really like this, lovely mono conversion
Young-Another great mono shot, great capture
Smooth-Sounds like a lot of work blending 7 images, but a very good result
Food-Another great shot, especially for SOOC
Above-Nice graphic image, well seen
Hot-I much prefer the second one, purely because there's a lot of chili shots this week.

Thanks for the comments Jon. Always appreciated

Really good image for your second take on the 'hot' theme Ian.(y)
Can't beat a nice steaming kettle shot - perfect fit for the theme.
The B&W treatment is nice too.

Thanks again Gareth. I was actually hoping I could get the steam all shooting off to the left in one thin line, but the wind put paid to that

The effort was worth it for "above", clever image that works really well. I like it a lot! I also like the second hot, lots of interesting detail in the steam.

Thanks very much Carl

The chillies is obviously a great idea but I think the kettle shot beats it perfect for the theme

Love both entries for Hot Ian, I do think the Kettle one takes it for me though, it's a bit differet from all the others I have seen, great to capture the steam too!

Had a few ideas this week about using the light from the sun, creating shadows, to get something decent for theme.

Went in to town, took 3 images and the sun buggered off behind the clouds and never came back out.

So, this is what I managed...

52WK2019 - Light.v1 by ***tuttifrutti***, on Flickr

Last edited:
Light
I like the recession and shadows. The black and white works well.

Great use of framing and the lines you picked out are excellent!
Can't have shadows without light, and you have captured some really great shadows here!
Love the mono processing too, a wise choice - the green grass and yellow lines might have been a bit distracting.
Fab work Ian!:clap:

Great spot Ian, some really great shadows produced there by the light!

Nice mono for light! Those shadows make it.

Back