weekly Leebert's 2015 52 - Week 52 - Christmas.

Precious thoughtful expression and I like the way you haven't tried to place those four fingers directly between eye and ear.

Medicine, #1 has nice back lighting and lovely rich colours, could do with a little flash on the front; #2, Stella, I'm partial to a pint or two myself. Pity you had the few lighter bits in they BG as they draw my eye. However, well composed, lovely detail and colours.

Cheers.

Selfie :clap:

Intersting proverb and not one I've heard of. Good overall lighting that is dramatic and suits the theme. I'm not too keen on the dead space on the left and think a crop would draw my eye in a little more.

Good show.

Cheers.

Hi, good interpretation of the theme agree with Andy about the left side

I see - love these inscrutable eastern proverbs; learnt something thank you Lee. Nice low-key b&w image.

Precious thoughtful expression and I like the way you haven't tried to place those four fingers directly between eye and ear.

Medicine, #1 has nice back lighting and lovely rich colours, could do with a little flash on the front; #2, Stella, I'm partial to a pint or two myself. Pity you had the few lighter bits in they BG as they draw my eye. However, well composed, lovely detail and colours.

Cheers.

Selfie :clap:

Intersting proverb and not one I've heard of. Good overall lighting that is dramatic and suits the theme. I'm not too keen on the dead space on the left and think a crop would draw my eye in a little more.

Good show.

Cheers.

Hi, good interpretation of the theme agree with Andy about the left side

Thank you for your comments. I have had a re edit of the Dalwhinnie medicine and proverb photos taking on board comments.

TP 2015 52. Week 27 - Medicine edit. by Lee Francis, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/v4nfm7]TP 2015 52. Week 28 - Proverb edit. by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

Week 29 - Pale.

A minor shoehorn this week - Pale (into insignificance).

This is a photo of the Andromeda Galaxy (Messier 31). Our closest galaxy at 2.5 million light years away. Approximately twice as large as the Milky Way, with an estimated one trillion stars, some of which may have orbiting planets and some of those orbiting planets may just contain life...

One day it will collide with our Milky Way but not for a while yet, so you can still enjoy your weekend ;-)

Nikon D5000 camera coupled to a William Optics 66SD telescope as the lens. It's an archive shot but I hope to squeeze in a 'Pale' photo in this week at some point too.

Thanks for looking.

TP 2015 52. Week 29 - Pale (into insignificance). by Lee Francis, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Lee. That is amazing - like it. So topical as well what with the probe sending back images of Pluto. Our existence definitely Pales into insignificance.:clap:

Yeah, show off! :D

Pale #2: Good exposure and a great set up and choice of flowers, the yellows help with the "pale" thing and the yellow border is a nice touch... Looks a little bit OOF to me here on my screen which is a great shame.

B. :cow:

Hi Lee ....a quick catch up on the last few .

Animal ...your bee is superb, wonderful detail and a great angle.

Proverb ... That's a great proverb, I've never heard that one before, and the composition is perfect in the B&W.

Pale ...Excellent choice in both photos...the galaxy shot is fascinating, I love those shots from outer space, it reminds me of one of the Hubble photos I like the choice of three flowers in your second shot, not easy to do white on white. It's a nice idea to put the yellow border to add a bit of definition to it, I wish I'd thought of that on mine :)

Hi, #1, that works well, and is an idea I contemplated. All them starts and each one of us plays a very small art.

#2, nice detail and well framed. Only crit, is the uneven shadows.

Cheers and feet up :)

Hi Lee :)

Looks like I haven't been here for a while again, apologies... quick catch-up from me via crappy campsite wi-fi, blimey it was hard to multi-quote on this :D

Experiment - I like these kind of shots so am choosing the first one, and I thought of something sililar myself for the theme, thankfully my frame was too big so I gave up, I'd be happy with what you came up with, nice PP :)

Heat - Well... I thought it was an Orange :D ... despite it being archive images it is still pretty special, I'd love to have a go at something like this, not sure I go with the colour, personally I'd prefer something yellower, guess it could be my Surface screen, still a cracking stack of images :clap:

Figures - It may be late, but simple and effective good focus point and I'm liking the tight crop, bang on theme wise :)

Household - Liking the detail on both of these but not so keen on the portrait crop, would prefer landscape myself... both well lit images again though :)

Limit - When I saw this I thought I had seen it before, a very effective shot, the street chosen sure was a good choice with the different colour streaks, nice one :)

Bizarre - Well oddly I guessed it straight off, relly like this one, a very different perspective, really like the angle and the detail is great - very bizarre indeed :)

Broken - A good triptych of some very well caught action, maybe the border is a tad too heavy for the image size for me, but overall not mcuh to crit at all :)

Entertain - Simple things hey, keeps kids and adults amused do bubbles, a bit of a busy image for me, i would have preferred the attention of one individual myself, but hey that's just me being fussy :D

Spiral - liking the chosen subject, and the way you have caught the glint towards the top of the object, that section stands out beautifully against the dark sky (y)

Animal - Great minds think alike !!! Super detail in this one again, I love the hairs on the stems shining and the great background, and with the bee caught just at the right angle too... love it :clap:

Medicine - A good idea, the box looks a tad dull on my screen but likely to be that it's my end.... I do really like the colour coming through the whisky - BUT the second image is sooooo much more pleasing for me, Love the set up of the table coming in from the corners, the bottle and glass set to one side and a cracking background yet again, you have a winner here, a spot on product shot :clap:

Right... I think that's it, lost my connection 3 or 4 times while typing this... PRAYING it now uploads :bitenails:

Hi, the Andromeda Galaxy is stunning and fits the theme really well (y)
The second Pale is nearly there could still get a little more light to the front of the flowers and it would take away some of the shadows too

Show off :) (Andromeda Galaxy)
:D

Yeah, show off! :D

Pale #2: Good exposure and a great set up and choice of flowers, the yellows help with the "pale" thing and the yellow border is a nice touch... Looks a little bit OOF to me here on my screen which is a great shame.

B. :cow:
Thank you for your comment. Now I look at it again, it does look a touch soft. I'll have a look at the other shots and see if there is a sharper version.

Hi Lee ....a quick catch up on the last few .

Animal ...your bee is superb, wonderful detail and a great angle.

Proverb ... That's a great proverb, I've never heard that one before, and the composition is perfect in the B&W.

Pale ...Excellent choice in both photos...the galaxy shot is fascinating, I love those shots from outer space, it reminds me of one of the Hubble photos I like the choice of three flowers in your second shot, not easy to do white on white. It's a nice idea to put the yellow border to add a bit of definition to it, I wish I'd thought of that on mine :)
Thank you. I "borrowed" the thin borderline from a set of photos I had seen at my local camera club. I think it works quite well in the right situation.

Hi, #1, that works well, and is an idea I contemplated. All them starts and each one of us plays a very small art.

#2, nice detail and well framed. Only crit, is the uneven shadows.

Cheers and feet up :)
Thanks for your comments. I'll have a look for a sharper image for pale and see if I can ease away the shadow too.

Hi Lee :)

Looks like I haven't been here for a while again, apologies... quick catch-up from me via crappy campsite wi-fi, blimey it was hard to multi-quote on this :D

Experiment - I like these kind of shots so am choosing the first one, and I thought of something sililar myself for the theme, thankfully my frame was too big so I gave up, I'd be happy with what you came up with, nice PP :)

Heat - Well... I thought it was an Orange :D ... despite it being archive images it is still pretty special, I'd love to have a go at something like this, not sure I go with the colour, personally I'd prefer something yellower, guess it could be my Surface screen, still a cracking stack of images :clap:

Figures - It may be late, but simple and effective good focus point and I'm liking the tight crop, bang on theme wise :)

Household - Liking the detail on both of these but not so keen on the portrait crop, would prefer landscape myself... both well lit images again though :)

Limit - When I saw this I thought I had seen it before, a very effective shot, the street chosen sure was a good choice with the different colour streaks, nice one :)

Bizarre - Well oddly I guessed it straight off, relly like this one, a very different perspective, really like the angle and the detail is great - very bizarre indeed :)

Broken - A good triptych of some very well caught action, maybe the border is a tad too heavy for the image size for me, but overall not mcuh to crit at all :)

Entertain - Simple things hey, keeps kids and adults amused do bubbles, a bit of a busy image for me, i would have preferred the attention of one individual myself, but hey that's just me being fussy :D

Spiral - liking the chosen subject, and the way you have caught the glint towards the top of the object, that section stands out beautifully against the dark sky (y)

Animal - Great minds think alike !!! Super detail in this one again, I love the hairs on the stems shining and the great background, and with the bee caught just at the right angle too... love it :clap:

Medicine - A good idea, the box looks a tad dull on my screen but likely to be that it's my end.... I do really like the colour coming through the whisky - BUT the second image is sooooo much more pleasing for me, Love the set up of the table coming in from the corners, the bottle and glass set to one side and a cracking background yet again, you have a winner here, a spot on product shot :clap:

Right... I think that's it, lost my connection 3 or 4 times while typing this... PRAYING it now uploads :bitenails:
Your post worked! (y) Thanks for the camp site catch up :) Much appreciated.

Hi, the Andromeda Galaxy is stunning and fits the theme really well (y)
The second Pale is nearly there could still get a little more light to the front of the flowers and it would take away some of the shadows too
Thank you. I experimented with shifting the light fore and aft an preferred the slightly backlit version. I'll have a look at a more front lit version as well as taking on board other comments above :) Thanks for taking the time to comment.

I like the symbolism - rain drops as a sign of the Great British summer (by comparison, the evidence on my window evidences inconsolable bawling over this way ha ha).

Ok so I have looked at quite a few of your photos and although I don't have much knowledge to critique from a photographers perspective I just wanted to say I love how your images seem to make something so simple become so beautiful. Those flowers are fantastic and I love tears of a British summer... :)

The galazy, well its just something else....wow!

Hi Lee

Nice idea for Tear, but .... I don't find the focus point very clear, plus they're not running like tears.

Backlit Pale flowers are beautiful.

I'm going to start my horrendous catch up trip this weekend, I thought it was bad when I was 3 behind but now :eek:
Still I have a lot of shots in the bag they just need tweaking.....:)

So .....
Entertain......... like the scene, some people get all titchy about photos of kids (remember the days when you could freely and innocently photograph your and other peoples children).
Anyhow, I quite like the bubbles that are running in front of the buildings and this makes the image for me. That and the kids having fun with something so simple! Nice fun shot Lee.

Spiral .... That's quite a spiral, So the wife beat you too it! What an admission;) cant help thinking there might be a twist to this photograph:D. Really like the sun striking the top of the spire. I take it its made from Stainless or something.

I will throw in my pet hate here (not picking holes BTW) those bloody Crane's and Scaffolding! It seems like ever where I go if I want to shoot buildings and architecture its either covered with scaffolding or cranes! I have written to Adobe requesting a Crane and Scaffolding filter in the next version of Photoshop.

Silhouette ..... Like the silhouette of the trees but think id have come down a little with the crop and had the hot spot of the sun out of the image. Like the rising mist, always adds lots of nice atmosphere.

Animal ..... This is nice! the poor old bees have been having a hard time lately haven't they! I fished one out of the pond recently he flew off happily after a period of drying in the sun.
Like all the fine detail here really nice, sharp DOF too, well captured, nice colours too(y)

Medicine....... Nice take on the theme just the sort of medicine I like;) I'm with David here a touch more light on the box, great backlighting of the bottle and gorgeous colour in the Scotch. To save you the expense of buying another bottle mail me the image and I'll sort it for you:ROFLMAO:. Edit No2 is better good job!
Like the nice clear cut shot of the Stella! Nice composition too, the bottle or glass just needs a little spray from a plant sprayer to give it that beaded "Ice cold in Alex" look;).

Proverb .... Oohh that's quite profound! Not heard that one before.. Nice shot as Carl said, good low key job and nice drop of lighting! Has quite a haunting feel to it, well done(y)

Pale ..... Andromeda Galaxy is great, I always find these images fascinating! But I find it really difficult to strike a comparison between this and the 3 flowers, because I love the 3 flower very much. Great lighting, love the delicate yellows against the white very nice indeed. I think both shots stand up in there own rights so for me they are equally excellent in there own rights.

Tears.... I think I am a bit lost on this one too.... Like Dave groping for a focal point, I guess its the central raindrop. But now you come to mention it what did happen to the Summer good point!! I see where your coming from with this but it doesn't do it for me Sorry :(

Nice work though Lee(y)

As a photograph, it doesn't rally grab me. But I tend to agree with what Carl said and it's also very topical.

Cheers.
Thank you. As I took the photo, it was the sentiment that that was going through my mind and I think that has come through in the shot.

Ok so I have looked at quite a few of your photos and although I don't have much knowledge to critique from a photographers perspective I just wanted to say I love how your images seem to make something so simple become so beautiful. Those flowers are fantastic and I love tears of a British summer... :)

The galazy, well its just something else....wow!

Thank you so much for having a look around and for your very kind words :)

Hi Lee

Nice idea for Tear, but .... I don't find the focus point very clear, plus they're not running like tears.

Backlit Pale flowers are beautiful.
Thank you for your comments. I may have to revisit Tears. A reshoot maybe...

I'm going to start my horrendous catch up trip this weekend, I thought it was bad when I was 3 behind but now :eek:
Still I have a lot of shots in the bag they just need tweaking.....:)

So .....
Entertain......... like the scene, some people get all titchy about photos of kids (remember the days when you could freely and innocently photograph your and other peoples children).
Anyhow, I quite like the bubbles that are running in front of the buildings and this makes the image for me. That and the kids having fun with something so simple! Nice fun shot Lee.

Spiral .... That's quite a spiral, So the wife beat you too it! What an admission;) cant help thinking there might be a twist to this photograph:D. Really like the sun striking the top of the spire. I take it its made from Stainless or something.

I will throw in my pet hate here (not picking holes BTW) those bloody Crane's and Scaffolding! It seems like ever where I go if I want to shoot buildings and architecture its either covered with scaffolding or cranes! I have written to Adobe requesting a Crane and Scaffolding filter in the next version of Photoshop.

Silhouette ..... Like the silhouette of the trees but think id have come down a little with the crop and had the hot spot of the sun out of the image. Like the rising mist, always adds lots of nice atmosphere.

Animal ..... This is nice! the poor old bees have been having a hard time lately haven't they! I fished one out of the pond recently he flew off happily after a period of drying in the sun.
Like all the fine detail here really nice, sharp DOF too, well captured, nice colours too(y)

Medicine....... Nice take on the theme just the sort of medicine I like;) I'm with David here a touch more light on the box, great backlighting of the bottle and gorgeous colour in the Scotch. To save you the expense of buying another bottle mail me the image and I'll sort it for you:ROFLMAO:. Edit No2 is better good job!
Like the nice clear cut shot of the Stella! Nice composition too, the bottle or glass just needs a little spray from a plant sprayer to give it that beaded "Ice cold in Alex" look;).

Proverb .... Oohh that's quite profound! Not heard that one before.. Nice shot as Carl said, good low key job and nice drop of lighting! Has quite a haunting feel to it, well done(y)

Pale ..... Andromeda Galaxy is great, I always find these images fascinating! But I find it really difficult to strike a comparison between this and the 3 flowers, because I love the 3 flower very much. Great lighting, love the delicate yellows against the white very nice indeed. I think both shots stand up in there own rights so for me they are equally excellent in there own rights.

Tears.... I think I am a bit lost on this one too.... Like Dave groping for a focal point, I guess its the central raindrop. But now you come to mention it what did happen to the Summer good point!! I see where your coming from with this but it doesn't do it for me Sorry :(

Nice work though Lee(y)
Thank you very much for your catch up - it is much appreciated (y)

hi Lee ...I really like the idea in the raindrops, maybe if someone had been gazing through the window it would have given it a bit more interest but it's certainly very typical of the great British summer.
Hi there. Thank you for dropping by. That's a good idea - maybe one for a re-shoot.

Hi Lee. I want one of them - is it made of pieces of driftwood? Nicely taken shot and well themed too.

That's nice lee. As Carl mentioned is it drift wood?

Last edited:
Yup, wise words. Nicely lit and exposed, good detail in the wood. I'm not sure I like the border though? personal taste of course.

A sentiment I live by... and also very nearly the theme of my photo or this week but I changed my mind at the last minuet. I like the way the coloured writing contrasts with the natural tones of the wood in the heart.

Definitely one of those shots that look better when zoomed on Flickr. I like the border.

Yup, wise words. Nicely lit and exposed, good detail in the wood. I'm not sure I like the border though? personal taste of course.
Thank you for your comment. I understand re the border - I try to either match or contrast the main subject colour. This one is a bit "Marmite" maybe...

Great sentiments. I like the subtle border. WB looks a little out :thinking:
Thanks. I've tried fiddling with the WB and tint and it doesn't feel right either way I go. It was taken indoors with natural light. It doesn't help that both the wall and the sign aren't quite white. I have increases the exposure a tad and also warmed the WB up a bit on the one below.

A sentiment I live by... and also very nearly the theme of my photo or this week but I changed my mind at the last minuet. I like the way the coloured writing contrasts with the natural tones of the wood in the heart.
It is a good sentiment - parts of which can be missed so easily. Thank you for your comments.

Hi Lee and @Toothie

Words - great words to live by and my only crit is the top of the heart appears a little dark.
Thank you. I have increased the exposure in the one below.

Definitely one of those shots that look better when zoomed on Flickr. I like the border.
Thanks and I appreciate your comment re the border.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/x5afK6]Wise words edit by Lee Francis, on Flickr[/URL]

hi Lee that's a smashing sign, the border is a bit thin for me I would have liked it wider and colour coded not red. As d00d says it looks excellent when zoomed in on Flickr, loads of lovely detail in the wood that's lost in the smaller image, excellent choice for the theme and very wise Words.

hi Lee that's a smashing sign, the border is a bit thin for me I would have liked it wider and colour coded not red. As d00d says it looks excellent when zoomed in on Flickr, loads of lovely detail in the wood that's lost in the smaller image, excellent choice for the theme and very wise Words.

Thank you Susie. I'll take on board the comment re the border for future photos (y)

Week 32 - Support.

Mrs Leebert and I had a nice afternoon at Huxleys Bird of Prey Centre yesterday (near Horsham). We both took plenty of photos of the amazing birds that were being flown there. Whilst wondering what to do for this weeks theme, it suddenly occurred to me that we had been watching people support the birds at the display. So here is a minor shoehorn :rolleyes:

A member of the public supporting an European Eagle Owl (I think):

TP 2015 52. Week 32 - Support. by Lee Francis, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Back