weekly mdpF2's 52 2019

Light is a very well taken shot Mark, great job done and a good flame with some nice detail in the wick.
Hi, thanks, I was experimenting with flash and the 80/2.8 macro. I do need to get a more capable flash than the little one that comes with the XT3..

Love that seperation of flame to wick!

That's a very nice image for light. Good clear detail to the wick and a lovely smooth colourful flame

Hi Mark, just catching up with your thread after falling behind. My favourites since my last visit are Young, which is a really adorable portrait of a cute lamb with a lovely smooth background; Food works well with the focus on the horse's mouth and the act of eating; Above has enough detail in the bird and you have retained some important colour and detail in the sky, while the bird itself is beautifully positioned and clearly ready to pounce; Hot is a good, simple idea and I think you're being hard on yourself about the lighting as the red pops nicely from the dark background and surface reflection, while Light is a real beauty - the detail and colour in the flame are spot on and I really like the gap between it and the wick :clap:

Many thanks for the comments and feedback, its appreciated, apologies if my feedback is a bit sparse, not my strong point!
You have captured the essence of the theme here and manage to balance the exposure just right. I think a portrait format would work better here.
Light
Good black background and a nice flame.
Perfect exposure in this image Mark.
Love the colours in the flame, and terrific details in the wick.
A beautifully simple image that works very well!:clap:
Looks great, nice and simple but executed perfectly. Flame looks great against the black background.
Love that seperation of flame to wick!
Great shot for Light Mark. Perfect exposure - was it all taken as one shot?
That's a very nice image for light. Good clear detail to the wick and a lovely smooth colourful flame
Spot on in my opinion, the lighting seems fine to me
Hi Mark, just catching up with your thread after falling behind. My favourites since my last visit are Young, which is a really adorable portrait of a cute lamb with a lovely smooth background; Food works well with the focus on the horse's mouth and the act of eating; Above has enough detail in the bird and you have retained some important colour and detail in the sky, while the bird itself is beautifully positioned and clearly ready to pounce; Hot is a good, simple idea and I think you're being hard on yourself about the lighting as the red pops nicely from the dark background and surface reflection, while Light is a real beauty - the detail and colour in the flame are spot on and I really like the gap between it and the wick :clap:

HOT and LIGHT are both good shots and work for their themes.
I think, as mentioned, maybe LIGHT would suit a portrait format. But fine as it is, and the detail is excellent.

Very creative interpretation of the theme Mark!
The black bg is fab, and I love the OOF green apple....perfectly placed.
The lighting is great as are the reflections too....is it a black shiny tile by any chance?:giggle:
Nicely done!(y)
3's seems to be a common approach for this week. But yours is very different and stands out from the others. Love your idea and composition too with the odd green apple far back and out-of-focus.
Cheers! I'm slowly getting a better idea of the lighting, I've been reading Garry Edward's book... just need a couple of soft boxes, now I've got some decent flashes. The new piece of black acrylic works, but should have got a bigger piece...

Excellent idea, I would say that though we did a very similar thing,
I would have probably had a bit more space in front of the apples to see more of their reflection, but reading above you might have run out of room.

Light - Nice shot, good amount of detail in the wick and a nice looking flame.
Crowd - Like the OOF green apple. Composition works well!

Lovely image Mark. Perfect DOF, perfect colours and perfect dark background - winner all day long

Hi Mark

Just going back a couple of your Images to comment on.

Hot, Nice, colourful image, but I feel it's cropped to tighly especially at the top. Light looks ok for me.

Light, Nice details and colour, again I feel it could have more space at the top.

Crowd, Nice idea, I like the green apple being back and OOF slightly, would love more background to make those colours stand out even more.

Pete

Excellent idea, I would say that though we did a very similar thing,
I would have probably had a bit more space in front of the apples to see more of their reflection, but reading above you might have run out of room.
Light - Nice shot, good amount of detail in the wick and a nice looking flame.
Crowd - Like the OOF green apple. Composition works well!
Very creative Mark and nicely taken. Spot on for me !
Lovely image Mark. Perfect DOF, perfect colours and perfect dark background - winner all day long
Hi Mark

Just going back a couple of your Images to comment on.

Hot, Nice, colourful image, but I feel it's cropped to tighly especially at the top. Light looks ok for me.

Light, Nice details and colour, again I feel it could have more space at the top.

Crowd, Nice idea, I like the green apple being back and OOF slightly, would love more background to make those colours stand out even more.

Pete
Many thanks for the feedback, very helpful

Nice image, similar to the idea I have. I like the B&W processing and the composition is nice too.

Good take on the CROWD theme. Very original indeed.
DECAY - another good interpretation, suits b/w very well and the composition is just right.

Crowd
Good set up. I like the different coloured third apple, it helps to draw the eye across the frame.

Decay
I like the idea, but I'm not sure it works in b/w. I think the tones are too similar to each other, so nothing really stands out.
Sorry

Nice image, similar to the idea I have. I like the B&W processing and the composition is nice too.
Mark, nice idea for the theme. I like the conversion to b&w think it suits it well.
Good take on the CROWD theme. Very original indeed.
DECAY - another good interpretation, suits b/w very well and the composition is just right.
Crowd
Good set up. I like the different coloured third apple, it helps to draw the eye across the frame.

Decay
I like the idea, but I'm not sure it works in b/w. I think the tones are too similar to each other, so nothing really stands out.
Sorry
Many thanks for the feedback, point taken on the b&w!

Echoing everyone else, great for theme, great mono conversion. Nice

Very nice take on crowd, great reflection and good colour.
Decay goes very well in mono, and like the image.
Mark

Decay, Just as the others have already said, can't fault it.

Pete
Top notch image for the decay theme Mark!
Love the mono processing and a strong composition too.
Very nice!:clap:
Echoing everyone else, great for theme, great mono conversion. Nice
Many thanks as ever for the feedback

Hi Mark,

Above - Great Shot! I've been trying to take pictures of birds recently and it's really hard :D The light is lovely on the clouds. I read a tip recently that said on a bright day to use the exposure compensation. Not tried it yet but it seemed to make sense
Hot - Yep its hot. Good black bg
Light - Good bg again, good detail in the wick and not blown in the middle of the flame. Not sure about the holder. Think I would like to have seen more of it or not at all(y)
Crowd - That did make me smile. Made me feel sorry for the poor green apple at the back.
Decay - I like the comp and the b&w, think maybe it need a little more contrast

Nicely done! Or - if you'd chosed a different brand... Champion! :D

whatever you need to sort out seems to be sorted here, nice light and reflection

Really like this. Love the image quality, focus and lighting. Great shot

Works really well for me Mark. I love a macro and love reflections. I think that's first class

Back