weekly Nostromo TP52 (2017) Wk 52: Weather

My first visit for a few weeks, Dominic, and a theme is developing with your 52 of clean, clear images that meet the theme very well. Hold and Vivid are both examples, a clear well-lit subject with clean background and no distractions, and the same for your Smoke image with some nice textures and shapes in that one. Unusual to use the dandelion, too (y)

Both Architecture shots are interesting images of two lovely buildings and I like your home the best, with those lovely arches and interesting design. Shame about the sky but sometimes that can't be helped, and the strong leading line works very well. Two more strong images for Broken and #2 is my favourite because the dark contrasts and the fingers gripping through the wire make it so moody and thought-provoking. I could see it being used on a book cover!

I'm really enjoying your thread. Don't worry about falling behind and do stick with it (y)
Thank you for your lovely comments. I'm really enjoying the 52, not always easy, but it would be boring if it was.

Transport
So still a week behind, but here it is, Transport.
I had to wait until today (Sunday) as i haven't left the estate all week and i knew we were going to a horse show this weekend and thought there'll be transport there.

untitled-260.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Good take on the theme, I like the transport of what used to be transport idea and the horse peeping round the horse box is well seen.

Cool idea for transport, great catch to get a photo with the horse facing the opposite direction than the cars and horse boxes.

Three open horse boxes I like, a horse too! But it would be asking too much for owners of the other vehicles to park elsewhere. :D

Minimalistic

Finally i've come up with something (i think i'm starting to sound like a broken record).
This is an Ostrich egg given to us by my employer a couple of years ago.

untitled-291.jpg by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Nice light, good texture in the egg and nicely controlled background, good photo for the theme.

How lovely to have an ostrich egg, it works perfectly for theme on the white background. but I would be tempted to clone out the bit of sticky stuff from under the egg.
The bit at the bottom is the light from the flash. The bottom of the egg has a hole in it (about the size of a 5 pence), whch was used to remove the contents. But you're right, it needs removing. :)

As above very nice indeed the only down point has been pointed out

On theme, and only a slight issue as has already been pointed out.....
Overall, I like it though,

Minimalistic - very nice shot. Lots of detail in the shell and the right amount of light and shadow.

Great lighting, great composition, great background. A perfect egg photo!

that minimalistic, white on white, strong shadow, but erm ... the sticky stuff.

Great image for Transport, Dom, with the line of boxes in almost matching colours, a couple of cars and then the front end of a horse poking out too! :) I really like that, and a bonus that the scene includes three different modes of transport :clap:

Minimalist is another strong image. The yellow spot right under the egg is slightly distracting, but the smooth shape of the egg and its shadow and the soft light and tones are perfect. Really well done :)

Right i'm back from a hectic 3 weeks, two weeks of manic work and fives days of a family visit.
Again i must apologize for not commenting on others posts.
Anyway here is Progress.
This was taken at The British iron works centre in Oswestry Shropshire. It's called the knife Angel and is made up of 100,000 Knives supplied by 41 police forces, which have been handed in or confiscated, stands 27 feet tall and each blade on the wings is inscribed with a message by a victim or family member of knife crime.
I would like to think that this statue (which is hopefully going to be on display in Trafalgar square) will make Progress in stopping knife crime.

untitled-45 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Looks like an amazing sculpture and you have captured it well.

Pleasure
This now means i'm up to date (well apart from this weeks theme).
It may seem a bit cheesy but i really do get great pleasure from photography. I may not be great at it (although i like to think i do ok), it's a good release from the day to day grind of life.
Not an awe inspiring photo.

pleasure-1 by Dominic Rodgers, on Flickr

Progress, what a powerful shot this is and also great too. Progress against knife crime is a cracking shot and good that something nice can come out of the knives.
Pleasure, my first DSLR was a 1100D and still like it, I think you have done a great job on both shots Dominic (y)(y)(y)(y)
I thought the knife angel maybe a bit of a shoehorn so I'm glad you think it works for the theme.
I still use my 1100d every now and again if i want something light or somewhere that a camera may get damaged.

Progress - great photo of an amazing sculpture, I really like that one
Pleasure - I like the idea, but I wonder if there's a more interesting composition

I saw the knofe sculpture in the news, but your pic has way more detail in it. Its a stunning if very frightening thing, but I do like that shot of it.

Progress in stopping knife crime .... sure is some sculpture with meaning.

Pleasure .... not cheesy at all .... the ultimate (I say that because I had the same idea).

The Tiny flower would work better alongside something to give it scale.

The flowers are really well done I think but as David says, given the theme, something for scale might enhance it.

:agree: The flowers are really well taken, but I think they need something for scale...

Back