weekly Perry's 52 challenge for 2015 week 8 Relax & 9 Vertical Added

Ok so have a choice of three for this one, time has got the better of me again,

image by -Perry Giffin-

image by -Perry Giffin-

image by -Perry Giffin-

Decisions decisions .................

Ok I'm going with number one - reason being this is my daughter's uncle who is disabled, she has never asked questions as to why he can't talk properly or looks different etc etc and he adores her and she adores him and they play so brilliant together that they both have a companion for life. I took this at a wedding and I don't know why but just love this picture.

Of the set I prefer 3, Perry, to me it say's 2 friends in a den hiding from the rest of the world,in their own little world :)

Tricky choice! Love the clarity and strength of the 1st , but really like the feel of the 3rd image. Quite like the 2nd one too, but the blurred movement of the hand is a bit detracting for me. Nice set of shots there[emoji5]️

Now I have the story it's number 1 for me. it's quirky and different and a cracking image.

#1 for me, Great back story that works well. Well composed, proceed and good lighting.

For me, it's the slight told and turn of his head. Can't decide if he has a slight smile on his face, I hope he has.

Cheers.

Number 1. I don't know the story behind it, but it and feels there's a profound story to be told - so strictly from a photographic viewpoint it's a winner in my book, simply for what remains unsaid. Beautiful.

Karl

Companions - 3 very good images for the theme, I can't choose between them either.

Thanks - tough choice I know

#2 does it for me. The sparkle in the eyes, and the lighting.
The girls appear to be in a ball of light with the background in shadow; hence they stand out in the shot

Thanks purely used the camera flash and a bit of processing in Lightroom

Of the set I prefer 3, Perry, to me it say's 2 friends in a den hiding from the rest of the world,in their own little world :)

Yep know what you mean - had a hard decision between the three of them

Tricky choice! Love the clarity and strength of the 1st , but really like the feel of the 3rd image. Quite like the 2nd one too, but the blurred movement of the hand is a bit detracting for me. Nice set of shots there[emoji5]️

Hand is annoying but hard enough to get her to sit still for 2 mins lol

Now I have the story it's number 1 for me. it's quirky and different and a cracking image.

Thanks for commenting

^ What Martin said, no. 1 to go with your story

Thanks for looking

#1 for me, Great back story that works well. Well composed, proceed and good lighting.

For me, it's the slight told and turn of his head. Can't decide if he has a slight smile on his face, I hope he has.

Cheers.

Yep wry smile on his face as my daughter goes off to play hide and seek, bless him he doesn't quite understand.

Number 1. I don't know the story behind it, but it and feels there's a profound story to be told - so strictly from a photographic viewpoint it's a winner in my book, simply for what remains unsaid. Beautiful.

Karl

Many thanks for looking and commenting

3 lovely images well that fit the theme well.

N.1 for me without a doubt.
I didn’t need the back story (although very nice story), the composition already gives a nice story. Him searching for her and her walking away

Do the bride and groom have seen the picture?
I am sure they would love it (worth to be put in the wedding album)

3 lovely images well that fit the theme well.

Many thanks for looking

N.1 for me without a doubt.
I didn’t need the back story (although very nice story), the composition already gives a nice story. Him searching for her and her walking away

Do the bride and groom have seen the picture?
I am sure they would love it (worth to be put in the wedding album)

Thanks for the comments, he is the grooms brother as well so yes they have seen it and liked it :)

Hi Perry :)

Fragile - A great shot this, it could do with a tiny straighten, but really liking the brightness, the composition and the DoF :)

Scenic - Oooooo very nice, I'd like the bug cloned out, but the shot has super colours, liking the foreground, the low PoV and the setting sun, great image (y)

Companions - 3 great images, the second and third are real good images, great eyes in both and liking the quirky angles... but I'm going with the first shot, again I feel it needs a little straighten, other than that the shot tells a great story without words, liking the B&W conversion too - Nice Set !!!

Out of the 3, I'd choose #1 ... it has an almost surreal quality.

Companions - it's a lovely set of images. It's number one for me, and good to hear a bit of the background behind the shot too :)

Hi Perry :)

Fragile - A great shot this, it could do with a tiny straighten, but really liking the brightness, the composition and the DoF :)

Scenic - Oooooo very nice, I'd like the bug cloned out, but the shot has super colours, liking the foreground, the low PoV and the setting sun, great image (y)

Companions - 3 great images, the second and third are real good images, great eyes in both and liking the quirky angles... but I'm going with the first shot, again I feel it needs a little straighten, other than that the shot tells a great story without words, liking the B&W conversion too - Nice Set !!!

Many thanks for looking and taking the time to comment

Out of the 3, I'd choose #1 ... it has an almost surreal quality.

Thanks for looking

Companions - it's a lovely set of images. It's number one for me, and good to hear a bit of the background behind the shot too :)

Thanks for looking

That first shot is stand out superb. 2 & 3 are really good family portrait type shots, but #1 is amazing.

Hi Perry

3 super images there & a lovely back story to the 1st , which I do like , but the stand out for me is 3 ....quirky angle , perfect focus....2 friends having fun :clap:

Hi Perry

3 super images there & a lovely back story to the 1st , which I do like , but the stand out for me is 3 ....quirky angle , perfect focus....2 friends having fun :clap:

Many thanks for looking and commenting

Struggling with this week (Elegant) time/work are not playing ball

Struggled this week with time/work and training day tomorrow, so as to not fall behind I have gone with a previous picture -

I give you Elegant !!

Not my first idea but this is pretty elegant for my lovely 6year old

View attachment 30062

The other option was this one

View attachment 30063

Last edited:
#1 for me a nice fun image, and of course all girls are elegant to their dads no question about that, (y)

I don't mind the shallow DoF background, but I'd be inclined to lose the blue streak on her shoulder though,
it looks a bit out of place

#1 for me a nice fun image, and of course all girls are elegant to their dads no question about that, (y)

I don't mind the shallow DoF background, but I'd be inclined to lose the blue streak on her shoulder though,

Blue streak down the left bottom ? Never noticed that before - thanks for that

Elegant she is .. certainly as far as a dad is concerned. I would have liked to see the eyes a bit brighter Perry. Also a shame that there is just a hint of someone in the background sticking out of her head.

Elegant she is .. certainly as far as a dad is concerned. I would have liked to see the eyes a bit brighter Perry. Also a shame that there is just a hint of someone in the background sticking out of her head.

Thanks again, will have a go at editing and removing

Just clicked on your elegant shot and my partner walks in takes a look and says "that looks like thingy" Me "whose thingy?" B "You Know the girl next door" Actually there is a resemblance to her. beautiful girl she is as well (both of them) :D. Time does get in the way.

Just clicked on your elegant shot and my partner walks in takes a look and says "that looks like thingy" Me "whose thingy?" B "You Know the girl next door" Actually there is a resemblance to her. beautiful girl she is as well (both of them) :D. Time does get in the way.

Often call her thingy ;-) - thanks for looking and commenting

Hey Perry! Two lovely photos there, I really like the colours and fun of the first one but like susie, think the second one clinches it for the theme - the pose definitely says sophisticated young lady there![emoji16]

Great eye contact in #1 and nice colours, DOF works well. Just a little more light inner face would make her and the colours pop more.

Cheers.

The first shot is fun...lovely.
Got to be number 2 for me though....such an "elegant" poses for a little un :)

Hi Perry, both shots are lovely.. ..but I think #2 for the theme ,she does look an elegant young lady in that pose :)

Many thanks - she does like the camera

Hey Perry! Two lovely photos there, I really like the colours and fun of the first one but like susie, think the second one clinches it for the theme - the pose definitely says sophisticated young lady there![emoji16]

Thanks for looking and commenting

Great eye contact in #1 and nice colours, DOF works well. Just a little more light inner face would make her and the colours pop more.

Cheers.

#2 Elegant pose. (y)

The first shot is fun...lovely.
Got to be number 2 for me though....such an "elegant" poses for a little un :)

Any better ?

Back