weekly Posiview's TP52 2015. Week 52 Christmas added and FINISHED :)

Hey Andy :)

Tear.... now then, I was sure I had commented on this already but can't see it :thinking:

So - I'm really liking the composition of this one, at first my eye wanted to see the stem coming in from the corner, but having looked a bit harder that would have ruined the placement of the leaves, I'm on my 'surface' sitting in the garden commenting so difficult to comment on the background as I'm struggling to see the screen at all :D... anyway I really like it :)

Tear 2 - OMG what a find !!! I just love that, looking at your comments about finding it, and knowing you quite well now, I would certainly feel you would have sprinted to your car giggling and can sooooooo picture the scene :D - Super spot, love the colours and the crop of the edit :clap

Words - Liking the quote, never heard it before,I also like how you have put this together and even the square crop, not an exciting or wow image, but I know this was a PS lesson and so to me you have done a grand job :)

Last edited:
Hi Andy. Like the sentiment behind Words. Base portrait is good and words nicely transparent. Great bit of work with layers.

Hi Andy ....yes, do keep posting something different, it's an inspiration :)

Tears 1....I had to think about it ....but that's just me! Well done for finding such an unusual choice for the theme. I did wonder if a few drops of water on the leaves would have added to it, but that might make it just be too ordinary o_O

Tear 2 ....I prefer the looser crop as suggested by d00d ....definitely very eye catching colours.

Words ...that's a great quote ....I've not seen that before. Very clever the way you've overlaid it on to your face, I like that tiny bit of eye peeping through ticket. m not too sure about the plain white background, maybe it should be more transparent....it that makes sense !!

Cheers @susiejb Never thought about adding tear drops.

Edit at the bottom (y)

Tear 2; nice colour and texture very unusual colour combination.

Words; that's different for sure. Good to hear you're still full of ideas and wish I'm the same.

Cheers

Cheers @rpn Tear #2 was a nice find.

Hey Andy :)

Tear.... now then, I was sure I had commented on this already but can't see it :thinking:

So - I'm really liking the composition of this one, at first my eye wanted to see the stem coming in from the corner, but having looked a bit harder that would have ruined the placement of the leaves, I'm on my 'surface' sitting in the garden commenting so difficult to comment on the background as I'm struggling to see the screen at all :D... anyway I really like it :)

Tear 2 - OMG what a find !!! I just love that, looking at your comments about finding it, and knowing you quite well now, I would certainly feel you would have sprinted to your car giggling and can sooooooo picture the scene :D - Super spot, love the colours and the crop of the edit :clap

Words - Liking the quote, never heard it before,I also like how you have put this together and even the square crop, not an exciting or wow image, but I know this was a PS lesson and so to me you have done a grand job :)

Cheers @Dark Knight I did loads of different compositions on Leaf #1, but settled for what I submitted.

Tear #2, indeed, I was like a school kid when I saw it :)

Words, indeed no real wow factor there, I was going for underwhelming :)

Just seen your Words pop up and I'll nip over to comment.

Hi Andy. Like the sentiment behind Words. Base portrait is good and words nicely transparent. Great bit of work with layers.

Cheers @Carl Ayling my composite/layer skills are a work in progress.

Transparent white for Susie.

Week 31 Words 2 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Cool quote, and liking the transparency. :) ...

was going to add something about how there should be a measuring stick on the wall, and your side profile too ... but better not.

Last edited:
Words: not sure which I prefer best the solid while or the transparent version. Great quote though, might have to look into PS.

:crying: OW my chuffing eyes! I'm gonna sue you Sheader! :mad:

To be fair, the portrait is outstanding. The quote ain't bad either. Super processing.

Sort of looks like a Biography Jacket. Or a funeral booklet perhaps, now there's a horrible thought. :oops: :$

B. :cow:

Love your 'found' Tear shot - great texture and fab colours.

Words - Blimey, that's the most normal I've seen you look :runaway:

:crying: OW my chuffing eyes! I'm gonna sue you Sheader! :mad:

To be fair, the portrait is outstanding. The quote ain't bad either. Super processing.

Sort of looks like a Biography Jacket. Or a funeral booklet perhaps, now there's a horrible thought. :oops: :$

B. :cow:

Cheers, might use it in my TP52 book :)

Words - Blimey, that's the most normal I've seen you look :runaway:

Cheers, normal services will resume shortly :naughty:

Evening all, whist on a TP road trip with @blondie606 we took a trip to Roker for a sunrise. It never happened, well it did but all we got was a slither of colour on the horizon :help:

As soon as I saw the lighthouse I thought of this week's theme...it would have usually been, "F**cking scaffolding!!" :)

Anyways, two for your perusal.

I have another which was taken on my phone, I'll see what it looks like.

Cheers all and hope ya still enjoying yourselves with the project (y)

Week 32 Support 2 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Week 32 Support by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Andy. Talk about sitting on the fence, I see good things in both. Like the detail of the man-made elements in #1 and the milky smoothness of the water in #2. Both suit b&w perfectly.

Oooo the first one for me Andy, the sky is much more interesting/contrasty for me, I usually like milky sea but this one isn't quite there, thinking maybe too uneven ??

I much prefer the curve of the wall in the first one too, although again I like the silhouette look in the second, amazing how 2 images from a similar PoV of the same scene could look so different - Both real nice images mate (y)

Very nice Andy. #1 lovely detail in the structures and the sky looks smooth. #2 looks great too but the sea and as @Dark Knight mentioned doesn't quite hit the spot - but it's still lovely!

Love the first one.
We have a similar harbor near me - given me some ideas. Bet there is no scaffolding around mine though!
Nice thread!

Hi Andy, first one for me, don't really think the longer exposure is working on the second one,
after looking again definitely prefer the detail in the first, maybe a little less sky but thats being picky

Good stuff. I do like the low POV in #2 but overall prefer #1 for its detailed brickwork.

Thanks all, I really wanted a sunrise, but it didn't happen. I also wanted more detail in the water, similar to this one.

Anyways, onwards to Friday and another camping weekend :banana:

Cheers.

Hi Andy,

Tear: An interesting take on the theme and I like the creative thinking but it doesn't strike a chord for me I'm afraid - Sorry. Tear 4 is cracking though. Very well seen. Lovely colours and textures.(y)
Words: Good shot. Nice portrait and great words too. I like the use of processing to get the shot you wanted too. I find myself flicking between the solid and translucent one and I can't decide which I prefer - I like both :)
Support: Two nice shots. I would like to see the composition of the first as a long exposure. I like the long exposure in the second but the lighthouse is a bit lost in the frame for me. Mono conversion is spot on.

Hi Andy, I've walked that pier many times as I grew up only a couple of miles away. #1 for me and you were over optimistic expecting any kind of sun up there never mind a sunrise :ROFLMAO:

Hi Andy,

Tear: An interesting take on the theme and I like the creative thinking but it doesn't strike a chord for me I'm afraid - Sorry. Tear 4 is cracking though. Very well seen. Lovely colours and textures.(y)
Words: Good shot. Nice portrait and great words too. I like the use of processing to get the shot you wanted too. I find myself flicking between the solid and translucent one and I can't decide which I prefer - I like both :)
Support: Two nice shots. I would like to see the composition of the first as a long exposure. I like the long exposure in the second but the lighthouse is a bit lost in the frame for me. Mono conversion is spot on.

Cheers, yeah Tear #1, I might have made them more tear shaped. #2 yeah, lucky find :)

I might try to blend the two together on Support.

Hi Andy, I've walked that pier many times as I grew up only a couple of miles away. #1 for me and you were over optimistic expecting any kind of sun up there never mind a sunrise :ROFLMAO:

We EXPECTED a wonderful sunrise :(

Cheers.

Hi Andy, I had expected to see more rosary but your only the 3rd I think ( Not a criticism). I'm liking B&W at the moment so I'll go with #2. I don't know anything about rosary but I like the way it snakes around her wrist.

Hi Andy. well taken and super fit for the theme. I'm a b&w fan but prefer the colour on this occasion - maybe if the hand had more character, old and wrinkly, then the b&w would suit better but for this definitely colour for me.

Hi andy B+W for me, I like the way the hands have become the main focal point they look almost unnaturally large and the black fingernails are a nice touch
great composition :clap:

Colour. Mainly because the crucifix looks better. Interesting/creative lighting. (y)

Hi Andy,

Cheeky edit: Spot on :clap:
Religion: Mono one for me. Nice composition. The yellow on the tee shirt and the gold fingernail are distractions for me.

Hi. Another great shot this week. I really like the lighting for this and the shot makes the scene look intimate. of the two I prefer the colour version. The lighting on the cross works a little better in that shot. Good b&w though.

Hi Andy -

The edit works great mate, that is the one of the three now :)

Religion - Both versions are nice, but much preferring the colour version, not so sure on the inclusion of the t-shirt logo, but really liking the lighting and the messy hair, the cross and chain are really nicely placed, and the composition spot on for me (y)

I like the cheeky edit on the light house as the other said it has the sky, the detail and the milky water (of which I am a fan). Religion I prefer the B&W I think the rosary stands out more. [emoji3]

I like the colour one best. I feel like I am sharing the intimacy of the private moment.

She needs her nails backfilling though!

Hi Andy, I had expected to see more rosary but your only the 3rd I think ( Not a criticism). I'm liking B&W at the moment so I'll go with #2. I don't know anything about rosary but I like the way it snakes around her wrist.

Cheers, I wasn't too happy with a cliche but enjoyed the OCF practice :)

Hi Andy ....I prefer the colour version. Not quite sure why but I find the outline of the hand at the back by the little finger a bit distracting, but a smashing composition, it has a deeply religious look to it so bang on theme .

Cheers, I've have a look at the hand.

Hi Andy. well taken and super fit for the theme. I'm a b&w fan but prefer the colour on this occasion - maybe if the hand had more character, old and wrinkly, then the b&w would suit better but for this definitely colour for me.

Yeah, wrinkles suit &W (y)

Hi andy B+W for me, I like the way the hands have become the main focal point they look almost unnaturally large and the black fingernails are a nice touch
great composition :clap:

Cheers, bud (y)

Very nice shot(s) Andy. :clap: Very strong composition with the cross at the thirds intersection, the whole hand including the matching nail colour vanish! Just the right amount of face and hair. A prefect model. The yellow spoils the colour version slightly but still an excellent shot.

Yeah, the t shirt...should have told her to change that :)

Colour. Mainly because the crucifix looks better. Interesting/creative lighting. (y)

Cheers.

Hi Andy,

Cheeky edit: Spot on :clap:
Religion: Mono one for me. Nice composition. The yellow on the tee shirt and the gold fingernail are distractions for me.

Cheers, you, the distracting t shirt :arghh:

Hi. Another great shot this week. I really like the lighting for this and the shot makes the scene look intimate. of the two I prefer the colour version. The lighting on the cross works a little better in that shot. Good b&w though.

Cheers, my OCF seems to be slowly improving.

Hi Andy -

The edit works great mate, that is the one of the three now :)

Religion - Both versions are nice, but much preferring the colour version, not so sure on the inclusion of the t-shirt logo, but really liking the lighting and the messy hair, the cross and chain are really nicely placed, and the composition spot on for me (y)

Cheers Dean, t shirt :banghead: missed the obvious.

I like the cheeky edit on the light house as the other said it has the sky, the detail and the milky water (of which I am a fan). Religion I prefer the B&W I think the rosary stands out more. [emoji3]

Cheers (y)

I like the colour one best. I feel like I am sharing the intimacy of the private moment.

She needs her nails backfilling though!

Cheers, Brian, yeah, I ain't going any where near them nails :bat:

Back