weekly Posiview's TP52 2015. Week 52 Christmas added and FINISHED :)

That is a terrific image Andy. Clear and colourful image with sharp focus of the eyes. Know what you mean about the separation of the caps from bg but that doesn't take anything away from what is a beautiful portrait.

Andy,
Great image, you've got the eye contact perfect. It certainly looks clear enough (at work, no access to flickr) and good choice of simple background. There is just enough light to differentiate the hats from the background :) (I guess backlighting would help a bit as you've said).

It interesting that the (apparently) younger of the two seems less impressed at having her photo taken, I know with my 2 kids, the younger one is perfectly happy to be photographed, whereas the teenager would be hiding under a hoodie with a hand in front of her face!

That is a terrific image Andy. Clear and colourful image with sharp focus of the eyes. Know what you mean about the separation of the caps from bg but that doesn't take anything away from what is a beautiful portrait.

Cheers, Carl, I'm certainly getting more confident with OCF :)

Two special girls indeed. Well lit, good exposure and pin sharp. Very nice image,

Cheers, Stan, they are special, most of the time :)

Andy,
Great image, you've got the eye contact perfect. It certainly looks clear enough (at work, no access to flickr) and good choice of simple background. There is just enough light to differentiate the hats from the background :) (I guess backlighting would help a bit as you've said).

It interesting that the (apparently) younger of the two seems less impressed at having her photo taken, I know with my 2 kids, the younger one is perfectly happy to be photographed, whereas the teenager would be hiding under a hoodie with a hand in front of her face!

Cheers, Tim, Hazel is smiling because I always put them on Facebook for her, and pay her; Isabelle is as grumpy as ever, even though I paid her :)

Aaaaargh! I was just saying to the wife I would do just that for this week's theme - got the pears as well !!!!! Nice one Andy - lovely vibrant colours. Spot on.

Andy

Special ... it is ... but I'd like to see the hats blended into the BG some more ... something like THIS :exit:

DisPear ... GROAN ... nice idea, colour, lighting, I even like the arrows, I like it so much I bought some pears today, see how my take stands alongside yours and Carl's @Carl Ayling

ps like the gravity and double groan to Tim @LC2

Last edited:
DisPear ... GROAN ... nice idea, colour, lighting, I even like the arrows, I like it so much I bought some pears today, see how my take stands alongside yours and Carl's @Carl Ayling
@LC2

A Shoehorn face-off eh! Need new supplies, kids have chomped though half my stock ... they have this misconceived idea that eating takes priority over photography !?!

Last edited:
:) Love the idea for Despair Andy ....and really nicely done too .....excellent choice of colour.

Super shot for Special ...excellent eye contact, composition and colour. Your younger daughter has a wonderfully photogenic face, she has amazing eyes, if you zoom in on that photo of her she looks stunning.

Last edited:
What a dreadful pun - I depair! - I think you owe us all a huge "apple o gee" for that young man. :D:LOL:

O hell, I am so funny, I do make myself :ROFLMAO: sometimes!

:p

Hey Andy :)

Special - Now that sure is, a wonderful portrait, great lighting, super catch lights in their glistening eyes, nice capture of characters again too (y)

Despair - DAMN that is bright !!! Good combination of colours, nicely lit again with subtle shadows, raises a good smile too, perfect mate :clap:

Hi Andy, love the clashing red and green, lighting and composition are spot on, I think I would have just titled it and left the writing off the image it would work just as well

Haha, very good, though I may have been tempted to use a tea pot rather than a gravy boat. Gravy Tea ;)

Gravy Tea :)

Andy

Special ... it is ... but I'd like to see the hats blended into the BG some more ... something like THIS :exit:

ps like the gravity and double groan to Tim @LC2

Cheers, looking forward to seeing yours (y)

:) Love the idea for Despair Andy ....and really nicely done too .....excellent choice of colour.

Super shot for Special ...excellent eye contact, composition and colour. Your younger daughter has a wonderfully photogenic face, she has amazing eyes, if you zoom in on that photo of her she looks stunning.

Cheers, she is a bit special :)

What a dreadful pun - I depair! - I think you owe us all a huge "apple o gee" for that young man. :D:LOL:

O hell, I am so funny, I do make myself :ROFLMAO: sometimes!

:p

Oi, enough ;)

Hey Andy :)

Special - Now that sure is, a wonderful portrait, great lighting, super catch lights in their glistening eyes, nice capture of characters again too (y)

Despair - DAMN that is bright !!! Good combination of colours, nicely lit again with subtle shadows, raises a good smile too, perfect mate :clap:

Cheers, Dean, another Despair below.

Hi Andy, love the clashing red and green, lighting and composition are spot on, I think I would have just titled it and left the writing off the image it would work just as well

Cheers, I consulted a cloud well for contrasting colours and bought the card for the theme :)

Nicely done, love the smoke! I prefer the colour one. I would have liked to see a little bit of background, I'm imagining an old back entry wall or similar. Also the light looks quite flattering and I think a bit of a harder edge might have suited the hardship of homelessness overall feel? Just thinking out loud (sort of).

Special -I can see why , they look gorgeous (y)

Dis Pear - great colours and made me laugh

Dispair - I can see what you were trying to do but they just look fed up rather than despairing, but then I'm comparing it to mine :coat:

Nicely done, love the smoke! I prefer the colour one. I would have liked to see a little bit of background, I'm imagining an old back entry wall or similar. Also the light looks quite flattering and I think a bit of a harder edge might have suited the hardship of homelessness overall feel? Just thinking out loud (sort of).

Cheers, Brian, this was very much an OCF excersie and I'd agree about the flattering lighting not really fitting the theme (y)

Special -I can see why , they look gorgeous (y)

Dis Pear - great colours and made me laugh

Dispair - I can see what you were trying to do but they just look fed up rather than despairing, but then I'm comparing it to mine :coat:

Cheers, Jill, totally agree about the second dispair, Isabelle looks quite bored and I think she was :)

Well l think it is quite brilliant Andy. Great composition, modelling is awesome and all that trash at their feet gives credence to Despair. Maybe less bling and more torn and ragged clothes (you clearly spoil them ha ha) would help more possibly !?!? Well done though. (I tend to favour the b&w for atmospheric reasons).

... they just look fed up rather than despairing ... that's true ... now it's been pointed out. :)

Clever stuff all the same.

Hey Andy, I think you forgot to post this on the main thread.

Well l think it is quite brilliant Andy. Great composition, modelling is awesome and all that trash at their feet gives credence to Despair. Maybe less bling and more torn and ragged clothes (you clearly spoil them ha ha) would help more possibly !?!? Well done though. (I tend to favour the b&w for atmospheric reasons).

Bling....did not see that :) too focused on the bloody OCF.

Cheers.

... they just look fed up rather than despairing ... that's true ... now it's been pointed out. :)

Clever stuff all the same.

Hey Andy, I think you forgot to post this on the main thread.

Agree with Jill that they look fed up rather than despair. But a nicely done shot nevertheless.

Cheers and I agree, doesn't really convey Despair (y)

That is a great image of the Ingleborough landscape

Hi Andy .... I prefer the b&w for despair, I think the top half could do with grittier processing but I love the effect with all the tin cans as the bottom.

Noise ....listening to the silence ....I love the sentiment and the photo.

Thanks for the feedback, it was well worth the early start :)

Cheers.

Hi Andy, I like the thinking behind noise and the pic works well a slight lift of the shadows on the rock/foreground maybe

Envy, who can resist talking veg, an amusing take on what is a difficult subject, I see what you mean about the speech bubble but it doesn't detract for me

Hi Andy :)

Despair reshoots - I really like these, much prefer the colour one, interesting foreground, now that was one hell of a party by the looks of it :D ggod posing by Jackie and Isabelle as usual, they really are getting used ot being included this year (y)

Noise - Great idea doing the lack of noise, for a sunrise I have seen much worse mate, still plenty of colour through a large expanse, nice focal point and liking the little bit of mist caught too :)

Envy - What can one say :LOL:

Agree about the speech bubble, the shot is really well lit again, good shadows and typical imagination from you recently, love it !!!

Hi Andy,

Noise: What a tranquil, peaceful scene - like the line of mist in the distance which in itself signifies silence. Well taken.
Envy: Ha ha great choice of props and response to the theme. Nice of you to draw attention to the plight of the humble gerkin (sniff, sob).

Noise ... yes I can hear the silence. Lovely image, colourful and sharp. I love the mystic of the mist down there somewhere between the clearly-defined FG and BG.

Envy ... not sure about the lighting, but damned clever/amusing idea. :jawdrop:

Last edited:
Hi, two more Despair versions. I'm trying to improve my OCF, but a bit of post processing was needed.

Cheers.

Week 38 Dispair by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Week 38 Dispair 2 by aNdy sHeader, on Flickr

Hi Andy, b+w versionby far the better of those for me, Expressions are really good and the whole image conveys the theme.

Sunrise pic is really nice, and the vegeetable pic just made me laugh! A better speech bubble as you say.

Back