Project 52 - Week 34 Geometric

Wow what a moron I am! I literally couldn't see that I thought everyone was talking about the head stone! Hells teeth I'm never going to get this lol x

Nice colourful submission there, nice overall lighting and focus is just about spot on.

The one thing (apart from the clear brick [OCD]) is the background. It would pop much more on a nice, clean BG.

Cheers.

Thank you, I know I ran round the house looking for something to use as a background. This is why people have white and black card isn't it! Thank you for your feedback :) x

Not a cop out at all. Nice and colourful, well exposed, fun shot. (Envy you having all those lovely props to hand but not necessarily the clearing away each day). :clap:

Not a cop out at all. Nice and colourful, well exposed, fun shot. (Envy you having all those lovely props to hand but not necessarily the clearing away each day). :clap:
Thanks Carl! I must admit I was thinking how handy it was to have the Lego to hand xx

Hi there Laura

I like all three for Religious but I keep going back to No. 3. I really like the framing the Church with the gate way.
Geometric is great too. I was a Lego nut as a kid :D For the background, I quite often use a pillowcase for a light one and use a black tee shirt for a dark one. It can be tricky to get the creases out though to give a nice smooth appearance.

Ok so I have to admit my age here. This reminds me of q-bert. (Which fills me with joy) As others have said the bg could be better but hey ho, the lighting and other technicals are fine so well done.

Certainly passes for Geometric :clap: ... good colour and light.

A fence like that could work better as a BG if the Lego (or whatever subject) was brought forward and placed on a table, disguised cardboard box or something.

Hi Laura, very nice choice. Bright, good focus and cheerful! I'd echo Andy's etc comment about the clear brick but it's not a big deal. What would have been perfect as others have said is some black card ( which I need to get myself! :) ) :clap:

Hi Laura, nice idea with the Duplo but BG does rather let it down :sorry:

I am sure you are sick of hearing it now

Hi Laura.
I like the idea! love photos of steps.
I think having it as a B&W image my work nicely. Good thread :).

Hi Laura :)

Religion - A nice variety of images, I'm with the general consensus I think, much preferring the second image, although I really like the light on the headstones in the first image :)

Geometric - Not so sure on the chosen background, but Love the colours and angle of this one... I think it works fine, nice and bright and admit it, you loved making it too :thumbs

Back