weekly RGMiller_uk 52er

Hmm... I actually prefers the first shot... The second one actually scatter the focus and made the picture too busy :(

Actually Blush - I am with you on that one! Evening out the exposure does make for a less pleasing shot for me!
I did enjoy using the adjustment brush in camera raw though to control exposure independently at the stroke! Also having the ability to open jpg in camera raw is pretty cool!

Lots to learn!

Hi Richard ....great choice for the theme, I like the addition of the pylon in the distance. Lovely to see the blue sky.....I've forgotten what one looks like :(

Thank you and yes the weather is a little dreach ! I took some later in the day around St Mary's lighthouse which had an amazing sky as well - there are a couple on flickr.

I was quite taken by the angle of the wires leading away across the shot - I don't know why but I never considered how pylons go round corners!!

Pretty good POV, (y) focus could be better, but liking the lines leading to the more skeletal BG pylon.

I love the symmetry of this too (y)
Nothing to add :)

OOH ... gorgeous marble, wood, ironwork, I'm in love. And, as mentioned, that symmetry. Such a shame the first step is out of reach from that POV.

+ nicely on theme. (y)

Hi Richard - well both the design and installation would have been organised so no problem there. What a lovely piece of art - nicely intricate and well lit. Well spotted :clap:

Very nicely shot and presented Richard. Do the symbols at the intersections have any meanings? Is this a church?

Hi Jeff

It is the ceiling of Tewkesbury Abbey! I have another shot I was thinking of using which also shows a different section of the nave ceiling. The bosses at the joins are carvings made by the craftsmen! I find them fascinating!

2015-12-12_12-20-49.jpg

Fits the theme very nicely, would do for Geometric (previous theme) too. Lovely colour, and the way you've framed it in a perfect square is very well done. :clap:

Defo prefer the one you posted first, the second one somehow looks a little soft along the centreline, plus the first one has more colour.
The only slight negative for me is that the (presumably) arch on the right isn't exactly the same as the one on the left. Bloody medieval builders eh? Where's Bob and Wendy when you need them?

Hi Tim

Thanks for the comments! Yes the first image is fascinating - there are s myriad of differences yet somehow the overall effectiveness is of symmetry! I do like the colour palette of the second shot though. For a building thrown up in the 1100's they didn't do too bad ! They probably had a bloke at the bottom of the ladder shouting - "left a bit!"

As you say I like the subtle differences in something that looks symmetrical on first sight, nice idea for the theme.

Another great symmetrical shoehorn I mean image, Richard (y)

The first one is the best by far IMO :)

A couple of great architectural shots for the last two themes Richard, Love the staircase fro down, such an unusual flight, and love the ceiling for organised, lovely bright colour, very good crop too, caught nicely square on, and all the bosses look nice and sharp, nice set (y)

Hi, first one for me great bit of symmetry nice idea for the theme too

Back