weekly rpn's 2015 Project 52 - Week 52 CHRISTMAS Added

Everyone's getting their names fuddled up at the mo.

B&W conversion is lovely. would make a good background for a story about smokers. I don't mind the BG at all.

Not sure about this one, definitely not 100% happy with it. Self critiques are the image is too busy, nothing at all to anchor any focus of interests and overall lack of interest really. However it contains the theme of 'Covered'. Will see how the rest of the week goes and may able to take another one later.

Week 47 - Covered

Last edited:
You can go right off some people :p

Covered it is, I agree, busy it is with no focal point, I also agree.
What the hell it fits the theme and you are on holiday, enjoy (y)

It's on theme Stan, but IMO you've cropped too many people. I'd like to see them and their feet on the ground.

Must say, it fits the theme although there's nothing special about the shot, but anyway, :plus1: for the effort while on holiday ;) Have fun! (and looking forward for another shot if you managed to get one)

There's potential there, but I'm not keen on the cropped people. I might have been tempted to go for a more abstract take on the place.

On theme, though.

Cheers.

Hi Stan. Not sure how/why I've missed out on some but hey ho, better late than never eh! Sure is a pleasant looking scene and it fits nicely.

I'm sorry I clearly haven't been here for a while

Support - Thats an oustanding shot, the exposure and sharpness is spot on, the leading lines and the whole image is superb, Love it! Love it! Love it!

Despair - Different and spot on, very clever, sharp in all the right places.

Noise - Being a drummer myself i'm fairly biased but... the blur is just enough and the black and white works really well, I can testify the noise! lol

Envy - Im with the others but I'm torn, I like how sharp the important parts (the lettering) are but the DOF is a bit strong for me, A smidge more of the badge would have made this image for me. The red is perfect.

Invert - As others have said. This is Superb, original and I can't say anything more, its outstanding.

Shimmer - Very nice, great composition and use of the night lighting. the curvature of the beach is lovely and perspective is ideal.

Element - This immediately caught my eye,Fantastic image, the sharpness, colours and quality of light is perfection in my eyes. could almost have uses this for shimmer also. Superb!

Seasonal - On theme thats for sure, Only thing lacking is the vibrance of Autumn that you normally get from these type of shots. One would say this is a more realistic image of autumn.

Full - Beautiful light and colour. Reflection of the base really finishes this off. Only critique Larger or fully surrounding background as you can see it fall off in the reflection in the wine glass

Habit - Gritty, Perfect for B&W and nicely taken.

Covered - lacks that punch and interest your images normally contain. but its on theme.

Hi Stan, really like your habit shot, I'd just clone out a couple of the background distractions beside the hand. Nice pov and lots of negative space too (y)

Covered, yup, fits the theme, yup, you're on holiday so you take what you can get. I'd have shot upwards if I could have forced my way into the throng. I suppose you could have buried your OH in the sand on the beach :p:exit:

Reactions: rpn
You can go right off some people :p

Covered it is, I agree, busy it is with no focal point, I also agree.
What the hell it fits the theme and you are on holiday, enjoy (y)

Quite right. -1 last night on the way home...
Well done on getting on theme whilst on Hols.

It's on theme Stan, but IMO you've cropped too many people. I'd like to see them and their feet on the ground.

Cheers guys, I cropped out the people near the 'front' deliberately trying to enhance the main theme subject of Covered. Here's the original shot SOOC.

Must say, it fits the theme although there's nothing special about the shot, but anyway, :plus1: for the effort while on holiday ;) Have fun! (and looking forward for another shot if you managed to get one)

Yes, well done for making the effort whilst on hols.

Thanks you Nora and Chris. Very much appreciate dropping by and comment. Welcome to 52's btw and looking forward to 2016 challenge.

I'm sorry I clearly haven't been here for a while

Support - Thats an oustanding shot, the exposure and sharpness is spot on, the leading lines and the whole image is superb, Love it! Love it! Love it!

Despair - Different and spot on, very clever, sharp in all the right places.

Noise - Being a drummer myself i'm fairly biased but... the blur is just enough and the black and white works really well, I can testify the noise! lol

Envy - Im with the others but I'm torn, I like how sharp the important parts (the lettering) are but the DOF is a bit strong for me, A smidge more of the badge would have made this image for me. The red is perfect.

Invert - As others have said. This is Superb, original and I can't say anything more, its outstanding.

Shimmer - Very nice, great composition and use of the night lighting. the curvature of the beach is lovely and perspective is ideal.

Element - This immediately caught my eye,Fantastic image, the sharpness, colours and quality of light is perfection in my eyes. could almost have uses this for shimmer also. Superb!

Seasonal - On theme thats for sure, Only thing lacking is the vibrance of Autumn that you normally get from these type of shots. One would say this is a more realistic image of autumn.

Full - Beautiful light and colour. Reflection of the base really finishes this off. Only critique Larger or fully surrounding background as you can see it fall off in the reflection in the wine glass

Habit - Gritty, Perfect for B&W and nicely taken.

Covered - lacks that punch and interest your images normally contain. but its on theme.

Thanks Nathan, no need to apologise and your catch up comments are very much appreciated.

wow that is brilliant and gorgeous and an all together more abstracty brolly job ...... (y)

Last edited:
Oooo I like that Stan -beautiful sky and marvellous silhouettes. :clap:

If you don't stop posting images of blue skies and green sea's I think we may be having words :D

Very nice Stan it fits right in there (y)

If you don't stop posting images of blue skies and green sea's I think we may be having words :D

Very nice Stan it fits right in there (y)

Those would be the last lots from Cyprus this year unless I can come up with something suitable between Friday afternoon and Saturday morning if you post up next week's theme at the usual Friday lunchtime :) Heading back to sunny freezing Scotland this Saturday.

Hi Stan ....have to agree with Cobra .....these photos have made me very jealous :) It's snowing in Scotland by the way :)

I think #2 for the theme ....lots of lovely detail on the ropes on Flickr, I think it would have taken a crop to show them off even more.

Enjoy your last few days holiday.

Hi, Stan... You made me want to go on a holiday :D I like picture #1 better, it's very well connected (y)

Oh no... I will be in trouble for the last weeks then :exit:

Don't worry too much they are only jealous. (Lets get out of here quick :exit:)

Thanks Nora, I like both hence the reason I post two this week. #1 for the clean and uncluttered of the chain/rope/tie. #2 for the low viewpoint and the untidy ropes/chains to convey connection/connected.

Hi Stan ....have to agree with Cobra .....these photos have made me very jealous :) It's snowing in Scotland by the way :)

I think #2 for the theme ....lots of lovely detail on the ropes on Flickr, I think it would have taken a crop to show them off even more.

Enjoy your last few days holiday.

Thanks Susie, don't remind me my son told me it was -5C couple of nights ago!

Oh Wow - both great shots but that second one edges it for me. Love the big clump of knotted rope and chain on that capstan in the fg. :clap:

Don't worry too much they are only jealous. (Lets get out of here quick :exit:)

Thanks Nora, I like both hence the reason I post two this week. #1 for the clean and uncluttered of the chain/rope/tie. #2 for the low viewpoint and the untidy ropes/chains to convey connection/connected.

Ah, I see what you mean there by 'the low viewpoint'. An interesting POV, indeed.. Still in love with #1 though :naughty:

unless I can come up with something suitable between Friday afternoon and Saturday morning if you post up next week's theme at the usual Friday lunchtime :)
I might not now, just for the hell of it :D

But yep hopefully thats the plan (y)

I'll be heading home to a cold, freezing and a miserable Scotland!
I'd stay where you are TBH, going on some weather reports I've heard Scotland is all but closed :D

Hi Stan, looks like you are having a good time, and don't believe the snake, we know Scotland is always open ;) It's just the soft southerners who can't cope with a bit of rain, wind, sleet and snow :p

I like both of these but prefer #1 just for the composition (y)

Back