weekly rpn's 2016 Project 52 - Week 52 CELEBRATE Added (Complete)

Rough enough for me Stan - nice take with sporting action thrown in for good measure. (Glad you feel better ... I've been down with something viral too - takes an age to shake off as you say). :clap:

Rough is very well caught, the lone figure at the end of the wave line really emphasises the size of the sea

I've been under the weather for a few days with man flu and took ages to get rid of,
Hope you are feeling better Stan, it took bloody ages to shift mine ( its still not 100% gone :( )

Rough rocks, rough sea, what more can you ask for? nicely captured.

Rough enough for me Stan - nice take with sporting action thrown in for good measure. (Glad you feel better ... I've been down with something viral too - takes an age to shake off as you say). :clap:

Thanks Carl, I was luck to spot the surfers as they were quite a distance away.

Rough is very well caught, the lone figure at the end of the wave line really emphasises the size of the sea

Thanks Chris.

That sea looks rough enough to me ... and so do those rocks. (y)

Rough - to rough for me to be in the sea (and cold)! These surfers are slightly crazy.

I've missed a few of your shots and have just had a look back, the effort and technology shots are great. :clap:

Covered - A very unusual cover I guess you have to be careful where you shelter from the rain

I really like that Stan, you have controlled the light very well and I like the irony of a cover with holes in it.

A nice piece of modern architecture - shelter, light and natural ventilation. Nicely taken Stan with all that detail retained under the canopy. :clap:

Covered - A very unusual cover I guess you have to be careful where you shelter from the rain

Thanks Alison.

I really like that Stan, you have controlled the light very well and I like the irony of a cover with holes in it.

Cheer Chris, there was quite a strong contrasting lights with the low evening sun and being under covered. I have to move the Highlight and White sliders to the max in order to recover and balanced the exposure. Shame I missed part of the holes and a bit too tight at the left.

I agree with @Emja, I was wondering where in Woking this was ;)
Processing (as you've described) seems to have worked well, I can't see any give-away halos or anything.
If you hadn't mentioned the shot not bing wide enough to capture the whole hole, I would have continued to assume it was a creative decision which imo worked. :)

Interesting piece of architecture Stan, is it lit at night?
It'd make a great night shot, probably eerie too from the right angle :)

Nice composition Stan - it looks more like a spaceship than a shopping centre (if it wasn't for the roundabout in the background ;) )

Thanks Emma, the rest of the buildings are pretty contemporary too but the council is planning to knock it all down and build a new one in another part of the city.

A nice piece of modern architecture - shelter, light and natural ventilation. Nicely taken Stan with all that detail retained under the canopy. :clap:

Cheers Carl, it was a bit of a struggle to balance the bright sky against the dark canopy underside.

I agree with @Emja, I was wondering where in Woking this was ;)
Processing (as you've described) seems to have worked well, I can't see any give-away halos or anything.
If you hadn't mentioned the shot not bing wide enough to capture the whole hole, I would have continued to assume it was a creative decision which imo worked. :)

Cheers Tim, I've tried my best to process what I've taken.

Interesting piece of architecture Stan, is it lit at night?
It'd make a great night shot, probably eerie too from the right angle :)

Thanks Chris, here's couple of night time shots taken some 5 years ago when I just rekindled my photographic hobby.

10961ss by Stan, on Flickr

10953ss by Stan, on Flickr

A good image for Covered Stan works for me. I love the fact that there are 3 big holes in it and that they are meant to be there. Really like that the outer curve pulls you right trough the picture

Thanks Chris, here's couple of night time shots taken some 5 years ago when I just rekindled my photographic hobby.
Cool (y)

Nice bit of modern architecture well taken goof night to!e shots too

Hello Stan, my first visit here! ;) I really enjoyed looking at your photos. They're really impressive. The ones that stand out for me are the bearded dragon one, the stormtrooper ones and Effort, with the paper clips. Really creative! And I really love your vast - very very impactful.

I like your architecture shots, too. Covered is interesting, although it doesn't look very well covered! :p Looking forward to seeing more of your photos!

Covered is ironic I see :p

It does indeed look alien and you've managed to rescue a lot of detail without blowing anything else out. Shame about the roundabout but it's probably vital :D

The night shots are fantastic (y)

Covered, without seeing the earlier ones, I'd prefer a different POV to exclude the buildings and sign. The second one in post 502 is great, would make a nice B&W.

Cheers.

Hi Stan

That's a good composition for rough and perfectly on theme. For me, it would benefit from a closer crop perhaps, really to isolate that leading line and the surfer. It could also take some aggressive processing if you were so inclined?

Covered is a great spot and the image is good, but perhaps weakened slightly by that roundabout. I wonder if there was any other angle to shoot from which would have had a less distracting background? Nice find though and the top half of the image is spot on for me (y) I LOVE those nighttime shots by the way!

Been a while. I took this shot during Week 19 when I was on holiday in Marco Island, Florida but forgot to take a CF card reader with me so unable to download to laptop for processing. Then super mega busy on return to work and only just able to find some spare time to pp the shot and also to shoot week 20 and 21 themes.

This is the view looking out of my brother's timeshare apartment. Although not that colourful but enough colour to fit the theme.

Week 19 - Colourful

Week 19 Colourful 14368 by Stan, on Flickr

Colourful enough Stan - looks stunning .... and clean. Beautiful.

Thats great image for Colourful Stan great leading line with the path and some many bright colours.

Must admit Stan, I would of cropped to show the sails with the umbrellas showing slightly to the left making the sails more prominent. That's my thoughts but still a nice pic

Indeed, plenty colourful Stan, wish I was there right now, instead of the dull dreary UK.
It cheered me up on a miserable afternoon (y)

Back