weekly rpn's 2016 Project 52 - Week 52 CELEBRATE Added (Complete)

Hi Stan, that is brilliant! Genius idea and really well implemented... the technicals are spot on for me and it's been well composed and processed to boot. Just a fab image and very clever for the theme :clap:

Thanks Paul for the nice words. (y)

Hi great idea well executed for Effort! Particularly like the frayed rope touch :clap:

Thanks Anita.

You said you had lost your mojo with the Personal shot (which I thought was a well composed/exposed pic for the theme) but you found it big time for Effort.

That is an inspired idea and beautifully set up and shot :clap::clap::clap:

I like Effort, original idea.

I'm going to be busy this coming week so needed to get this week Technology theme done quickly. For those who did the 52's back in 2011 may recognise a similar shot I took then. This is the internal of a 2.5in computer HDD commonly found in laptops. I used the focus stacking technique to combine 9 separate shots taken at different focal plane to achieve the sharp focus from front to back.

Week 14 - Technology

Week 14 Technology 2.5in HDD by Stan, on Flickr

Artificial - I too thought spiky but it fits artificial too good spot for the theme
Personal - it certainly fits the theme
Effort - Put a smile on my face. great idea they certainly look like they are giving all there effort the breaking rope is a great touch. The set up is good and the b w suits it well
Technology - I don't know why but I like the 2nd better good vibrant colours

Last edited:
Technology - very well done indeed, very sharp and I love the colours on the disk platter

Artificial - I too thought spiky but it fits artificial too good spot for the theme
Personal - it certainly fits the theme
Effort - Put a smile on my face. great idea they certainly look like they are giving all there effort the breaking rope is a great touch. The set up is good and the b w suits it well
Technology - I don't know why but I like the 2nd better good vibrant colours

Thanks Alison for the catch-up comments. Very much appreciated.

Technology - very well done indeed, very sharp and I love the colours on the disk platter

Cheers Chris, the rainbow colours is just reflection off my desktop computer.

Techno. Seriously great image love the colours how ever got them like that.

Gaz

Beautifully done Stan. Amazing detail and colours - like that a lot. Thanks for the set-up info. :clap:

Nice stacking there and the vivid colours really do work. A few OOF areas, on #1 the lower right and the screw upper right looks a little OOF. Minor point and I had to really look.

Cheers.

Nice stacking there and the vivid colours really do work. A few OOF areas, on #1 the lower right and the screw upper right looks a little OOF. Minor point and I had to really look.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy for finding the very minute and details comments.

Thats nice and thanks for showing us how you did it.

Thanks Clive, its a pleasure to share info.

Technology.....Oh wow Stan, I LOVE that second shot! The colours are fantastic.
Thanks for posting the setup too. I'd never have thought of reflecting the colours.

caught the colours really well nice stacking too, i think the second one for me like the closer focus

Brilliant job there Stan - super pair of captures for technology (y)

I really, really like the second - I think focus stacking works well to bring out the spindle but I like the DOF focus fall-off towards the back. The clarity on both is excellent - superb technical takes and rather pleasing to look at with those fab colours :clap:

Brilliant job there Stan - super pair of captures for technology (y)

I really, really like the second - I think focus stacking works well to bring out the spindle but I like the DOF focus fall-off towards the back. The clarity on both is excellent - superb technical takes and rather pleasing to look at with those fab colours :clap:

Thanks Paul for the nice words. I done focus stacking once before and I think I got the hang of it now.

Clever and amazing images there Stan ... thanks for sharing. (y)

Hi Stan, well that's a really super shot for Technology, Loving the colours and the sharpness.

Some free time at last and manage to get myself outside with the camera after a week of buzzing around and wet weather. Rather than the usual square-on horizontal lines for this subject I decided to go for a different angle shot. I think both the fencing rails and shadows lines convey this weeks horizontal theme. I also decided to go for the black & white treatment due to lack of colours and interesting subject matter.

Week 15 - HORIZONTAL

Week 15 Horizontal by Stan, on Flickr

Really like that Stan the B&W conversion works really well

I love the fact the fence leads you inform the edge of the image and ff in to the distance

Back