weekly rpn's 2016 Project 52 - Week 52 CELEBRATE Added (Complete)

Sounds like that wasn't an easy shot to take Stan.
With the issues you've highlighted, would it have been worth returning an hour later in the hope of different sun / different composition opportunities?
With the shot you have, I think I might have been tempted to go with an instagram square crop of the top of the image only. not sure that the legs and feet add much.

Spot on theme though, and a good take with what you had available.

Sounds like that wasn't an easy shot to take Stan.
With the issues you've highlighted, would it have been worth returning an hour later in the hope of different sun / different composition opportunities?
With the shot you have, I think I might have been tempted to go with an instagram square crop of the top of the image only. not sure that the legs and feet add much.

Spot on theme though, and a good take with what you had available.

Like your idea Tim and might just do that when I got a chance again.

Good find Stan, I was looking out for a board like that myself, but the newsagents seem to have stopped putting them out round here.

Good find Stan, I was looking out for a board like that myself, but the newsagents seem to have stopped putting them out round here.

Wow - that board takes me back to my childhood. Great choice for the theme - very nostalgic.

Thanks Chris and Emma, yep can't say I see many of them around nowadays.

One of these was my first thought when I saw the theme, but as said, you just dont see them about any more.

Shame about the other board behind the legs,

but lack of opportunity to take my original idea ended up with this one.
It fits in nicely though and as you say "forever young"

Great picture, great processing and a very somber take on the theme.

Hi Stan a very sad image that has been nicely captured image great processing

Just a few hours late with this one but the shot was taken last Saturday and only able to process it the last hour. Not sure this fits the cultural theme I came across the gathering in the city centre and thought its sort of common British culture that any dispute, difference of opinion, disagreement or discord they tend to come together and hold a demonstration or even strike action.

Week 48 - Cultural

Week 48 Cultural by Stan, on Flickr

I'd say it works Stan, typically British ( standing around and doing nothing :D ) (y)

Works for me too nothing wrong with a little demo now and again

They look a violent lot, good on theme.

:) That's why I stand well back don't like to mess about with them lot! :D

I'd say it works Stan, typically British ( standing around and doing nothing :D ) (y)

Or standing about watching others doing the work. :D

Very colourful and arranged very neatly. Are they dicki bows or ribbons for a lady. ( is dicki spelt right)

I bet they are your collection, very dapper you must look, very fitting for the theme

Good spot for the theme Stan. Did you buy one?

Cheers Tim. No, I've a granddaughter may be next year grandchild number 2 due in May.

I bet they are your collection, very dapper you must look, very fitting for the theme

How did you guessed! :)

Well spotted Stan clever idea for the theme :)

Hi Stan, catch up for me.
Young is done very discreetly and works perfectly, very sad isn't it, I wonder how people bear so much sadness.
Culture ....that looks like a very amiable demo.
Arranged ....well spotted for the theme but I'd like a tighter crop.

Last edited:
Hi, on theme, nice and bright with low POV.

I'd have been tempted to get in a little closer to possible exclude the left and right hand side bows.

Cheers.

Well spotted Stan clever idea for the theme :)

Thanks Chris.

Hi Stan, catch up for me.
Young is done very discreetly and works perfectly, very sad isn't it, I wonder how people bear so much sadness.
Culture ....that looks like a very amiable demo.
Arranged ....well spotted for the theme but I'd like a tighter crop.

Thanks Susie.
My thought was that just the age would said it all.
I thought the demo was more like a meeting up with friends for a chit-chat.
The colours and neatly layout that caught my eyes.

Two good images Stan. Cultural works well - like the contrast between the masses of colour set against a grey damp day. That's a good take for Arrange too, lovely bright colours again ... :clap: take a bow

Great take on arranged, very colourful and fits the brief!

Back