weekly rpn's 2018 Project 52 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added (Complete)

Bokeh'd lights with colours reflecting in the raindrops ... psychedelic. (y)

Great shot for wet, I like the sharpness of drops and the abstractness of the lights!

Great Wet Image, looks better on Flickr, love the colours involved, are they xmas tree lights?
Very Sharp Image.

It's too cold outside so an indoor shot from me this week and the Lego Stromtroopers get an outing to play too. :)

Week 08 - Thick

Thick by Stan, on Flickr

Lovely take on the theme, nice and sharp image.

Short of ideas and inspirations this week (I blame the weather! :)). So this is one of those PABD (publish and be damned) shot. Taken while shopping in Marko and noticed pallets and pallets of these soft drinks and thought they may just fit the theme.

Week 09 - Abundance

Abundance Irn-Bru by Stan, on Flickr

That is a lot of Irn-Bru, about a weeks worth surely? :p

I think a Balancing Scale would be better for this idea but just have to do with what we have.

Week 10 - Heavy

Heavy by Stan, on Flickr

From Tim's @LC2 excellent comment and help. Here's my edited Heavy shot. Not too sure which is better, complete or partial shadow.

10 Heavy R1 by Stan, on Flickr

Heavy R2 by Stan, on Flickr

Think the 3rd one for me with this image, annoyingly it was where I was going with the theme (even if about 3 weeks behind haha)

I was hoping the weather will change to the normal rain, rain and more rain up here in Scotland but it just not playing ball so I've to resort to another indoor setup shot again.

Week 11 - Wet

Wet 18704 by Stan, on Flickr

Are they Christmas lights? Another great colourful image and well in theme.

I'm catching up again, Stan!

Thick is a super image, well thought out and arranged, great light and a funny scenario. A big (y) from me.
Abundance might be a grab shot but conveys the theme very well and is full of colour.
That's a good idea for Heavy with excellent props, and your edits both work very well. I'm not sure why but I slightly prefer the landscape version with the partial reflection.
Finally, Wet is a striking image with all those bold colours nicely reflected and repeated in the rain drops. Nicely done :clap:

Manage to find a spare hour or two this morning and went out early while the streets are still quiet, clock going forward helps too, hoping to capture this week's theme.

I hope this would fit the theme of Juxtaposition. My thoughts behind the shot were old against new, modern 21st-century yet-to-finish office development surrounding an ancient sixteen-century building, stone against glass and highlight contrasting against shadow.

Week 12 - Juxtaposition

Juxtaposition by Stan, on Flickr

great, love the shadow being cast over the older building too

Wet- I like the many coloured lights through the droplets on the pane.
Juxtapositon - That works really well, some interesting brick details on the old building looks it looks like the windows have been moved

Wet- I like the many coloured lights through the droplets on the pane.
Juxtapositon - That works really well, some interesting brick details on the old building looks it looks like the windows have been moved

Thanks, Alison. I wish the droplets were bigger and with more details. The old building was built in 1545 and I'm sure a lot of repair and refurbishment works have been carried out over the years.

#1 Juxtaposition for me as it is bang on theme, old and new are a good take for the theme.

Cheers, Dave.

either works for me the second one could do with being a bit more straight on maybe,
I did something similar the last time this subject came up

I wasn't entirely happy with my feather/scale 'Heavy' shot then I found out that a heavy lift crane barge is due to install the offshore wind farm foundation structures just off Aberdeen bay I took the opportunity to shot for this week re-shoot theme.

The crane barge is the 25,000-tonne Asian Hercules III
The foundation structure weighed 1,800-tonne
Lens used is a 70-200mm f2.8 coupled with a 1.7x converter @340mm

Week 12 - Re-shoot HEAVY

Heavy Work by Stan, on Flickr

Great stuff for Juxtaposition Stan! Nice spot!

Hi Stan ...I think its definitely #1 for the theme for me, I like not just the old and new buildings, but the light and shade too, both aspects fit the theme perfectly for me.
What a perfect day for your reshoot, it looks wonderfully springlike, and that crane and its load definitely fit the bill.

Juxtaposition ... Definitely a good idea for the theme. I like both, well I'd like the second more if it filled the the frame better.

Reshoot ... something heavy going on out there. First for me ... less boats, grouped together.

First Juxtaposition for me, fills the frame nicely and first heavy, I really like that, looks heavy

Great stuff for Juxtaposition Stan! Nice spot!

Cheers, Daniel.

Hi Stan ...I think its definitely #1 for the theme for me, I like not just the old and new buildings, but the light and shade too, both aspects fit the theme perfectly for me.
What a perfect day for your reshoot, it looks wonderfully springlike, and that crane and its load definitely fit the bill.

Thanks, Susie. Agree, it was all those contrasting elements that drawn my attention.

It was a nice warm spring day and I just have to go out with my camera.

Juxtaposition ... Definitely a good idea for the theme. I like both, well I'd like the second more if it filled the the frame better.

Reshoot ... something heavy going on out there. First for me ... less boats, grouped together.

Thanks, David. I prefer the first re-shoot too. Fewer distractions.

First Juxtaposition for me, fills the frame nicely and first heavy, I really like that, looks heavy

Cheers, Chris.

Two good images for Juxtaposition, Stan, and both spot on theme-wise. At first glance I preferred the second one as the light was better, but on second viewing the clear division of light and shade adds further juxtaposition so that's probably the winner for me.

Your re-shoot for Heavy is an interesting subject and it's clear from the surrounding vessels just how big and cumbersome those things are. We see them occasionally near our shores when they are working in the Irish Sea and it's hard to imagine how they float :)

juxtaposition - I prefer the first shot, the old building in front of the new one. Great light!
heavy - again the first shot, I thing the ships are more pleasingly arranged.

Like both the juxtaposition Stan, but think the second has more emphasis on the contrasts. First for heavy like the others; the tight group focuses the eye on the main subject for me. Nice shots all.

Very good shot for wet Stan, almost has xmas lights feel to it as well....

For Heavy the original shot with partial reflection is better as there is no way for a reflection to show the top of the scales.

Last edited:
Juxtaposition
I prefer the second one, there's a bit more contrast between the two. I do like the shadow in the first.

Hi Stan,

Wet - Somehow reminiscent (yet not) of @minx's shot for Over this year, at least that's what it made me think of whilst they are actually very different.I like the vibrancy and abstract nature of it. (y)

Juxtaposition - I think I prefer the closer image. Less shadow and it shows off the blue hues of the inset Pizza restaurant. mot only a juxtaposition of old and new, but of sizes.

Re-shoot : Heavy - Shot 1, the slightly tighter one. I love the deep blue of the sea, but find it a bit soft. Far end of the reach of the telephoto I presume, and then cropped, so not much you can do about it really.

I prefer the Porsche! Works well on the red and fewer distractions.

I prefer the Porsche! Works well on the red and fewer distractions.

Thanks, Bernd. I need to crop it quite tight to cut out the indicators, bonnet badge and part wheel arch including a few blemishes too.

:agree: Nice strong red too

Thanks, Allan.

First Juxtaposition for me love the contrast between the old and new perfect for the theme

Heavy - I like that certainly looks heavy

Oval - Both good takes on the theme I like the second for the simplicity of it but my heart says the first one as its a MINI :D

First Juxtaposition for me love the contrast between the old and new perfect for the theme

Heavy - I like that certainly looks heavy

Oval - Both good takes on the theme I like the second for the simplicity of it but my heart says the first one as its a MINI :D

Thanks, Mark. The car is a Mini 50 Cooper S, my third Mini including a classic Mini in the early '80s. Love every one of them.

Stan,

Juxaposition, good spot, nice colours in the stone and strong lines in the modern.
Oval, Prefer the red car just for the colour, but the white one is more oval.

Pete

Back