weekly rpn's 2019 Project 52 Week 52 - OUT-TAKES Added and COMPLETED

But here's where I was standing to take that shot. ;)
:) That makes it far more obvious that you would have ample warning (y)
You wouldn't (or perhaps you would) belive how many people think it's perfectly fine to be line-side at permissive or occupation crossings (whereas in fact it is a criminal offense - railways are one of the few areas where trespass is a criminal not civil offence).

Reactions: rpn
:) That makes it far more obvious that you would have ample warning (y)
You wouldn't (or perhaps you would) belive how many people think it's perfectly fine to be line-side at permissive or occupation crossings (whereas in fact it is a criminal offense - railways are one of the few areas where trespass is a criminal not civil offence).

(y) Cheers, Tim. I'm learning every day even at my old age. :giggle:

Absolutely love you open image Stan, very original. My favourite is the light house one (y)

Distant, I like too works well in B&W. We have a small Steam railway here on the I island and the track run along the bottom of the garden at our old house. My boys used to love it but we always told them it was dangerous to go on the tracks at any time. I was very embarrassed one day as we were sat in the station at Douglas and my son shouted at one of the railway staff and told him to "get off the tracks you stupid man". Out of the mouths of babes :rolleyes:

Reactions: rpn
Absolutely love you open image Stan, very original. My favourite is the light house one (y)

Distant, I like too works well in B&W. We have a small Steam railway here on the I island and the track run along the bottom of the garden at our old house. My boys used to love it but we always told them it was dangerous to go on the tracks at any time. I was very embarrassed one day as we were sat in the station at Douglas and my son shouted at one of the railway staff and told him to "get off the tracks you stupid man". Out of the mouths of babes :rolleyes:

Thanks, Georgina. Agree the pilothouse (lighthouse) is a more interesting building.

Great image for the Distant theme Stan.
Love the vanishing point, really conveys the distant theme effectively.
Looks good in mono too.
When I first looked, I thought "Wow! Risky!"
But then your explanation image was reassuring, glad you didn't take any big risks Stan!
Nevertheless, a very nice image.(y)

Great image for the Distant theme Stan.
Love the vanishing point, really conveys the distant theme effectively.
Looks good in mono too.
When I first looked, I thought "Wow! Risky!"
But then your explanation image was reassuring, glad you didn't take any big risks Stan!
Nevertheless, a very nice image.(y)

Thanks, Gareth. I work in the offshore oil & gas and HSE is in my daily life.

Initially my eye was drawn straight along the rails to the vanishing point in the distance, which is awesome. Then as I looked for longer I found that I also liked the gritty texture in the foreground stones. Subject works well with the nice contrasty black and white and adds impact. Great image.

good picture love the tracks going off into the distance and the low perspective works very well.

Initially my eye was drawn straight along the rails to the vanishing point in the distance, which is awesome. Then as I looked for longer I found that I also liked the gritty texture in the foreground stones. Subject works well with the nice contrasty black and white and adds impact. Great image.

Thanks, Carl. Pleased you like the shot.

good picture love the tracks going off into the distance and the low perspective works very well.

Thanks, Peter.

open ~ very clever I really like that the light house is my favourite
Distant ~ glad to see you were not putting yourself in danger when taking that shot it is a cracking image

Nice distant shot! I bet those windows rattle if something goes past at 70!

open ~ very clever I really like that the light house is my favourite
Distant ~ glad to see you were not putting yourself in danger when taking that shot it is a cracking image

Thanks, Alison. I am happy with the results too.

That’s a super Distant shot Stan, love the perspective and the choice of b&w, it definitely shows the different textures off perfectly.

Thanks, Susie for your support.

Yep, sits well with the theme and the way you have taken the shot at that low angle really adds to the dramatics of the picture. I would panic though stood in the middle of the train track ! Whimp that I am

Great Distant shot Stan, really like the composition and you really do get a sense of distance with the track going to the horizon. Works nicely.

That's a really good fit for Distant, Stan, with a super vanishing point. A similar location is my back-up for this theme but I did it in a previous 52 too so I'd rather do something different. The disappearing track conveys the theme so well and, as Carl says, the low viewpoint and gritty foreground adds interest throughout the frame.

Yep, sits well with the theme and the way you have taken the shot at that low angle really adds to the dramatics of the picture. I would panic though stood in the middle of the train track ! Whimp that I am

Thanks. Chris. I was actually stood on the level crossing just a few steps from either barrier.

Great Distant shot Stan, really like the composition and you really do get a sense of distance with the track going to the horizon. Works nicely.

That's a really good fit for Distant, Stan, with a super vanishing point. A similar location is my back-up for this theme but I did it in a previous 52 too so I'd rather do something different. The disappearing track conveys the theme so well and, as Carl says, the low viewpoint and gritty foreground adds interest throughout the frame.

Thanks, Garry and Andrea. Agree, the low angle view with the parallel and converging rails work for the theme.

Great train track image - creates a great optical illusion as you scroll through it and the detail is fantastic in mono

Beautiful image for distant and works really well in black and white with good details and textures.

A predictably strong start, Stan! Superb colours in that sunrise and a great, sharp capture of the bird. Distance works well (I won't dwell in case @LC2 gets upset again) but my favourite is the lighthouse shot, just for the sheer inventiveness. I like it best turned through 180 degrees so the lighthouse is the right way up and the background is upside down, but I'm weird.

Great train track image - creates a great optical illusion as you scroll through it and the detail is fantastic in mono

Thanks, Ian

Beautiful image for distant and works really well in black and white with good details and textures.

Cheers, Mandy for the comments.

A predictably strong start, Stan! Superb colours in that sunrise and a great, sharp capture of the bird. Distance works well (I won't dwell in case @LC2 gets upset again) but my favourite is the lighthouse shot, just for the sheer inventiveness. I like it best turned through 180 degrees so the lighthouse is the right way up and the background is upside down, but I'm weird.

Thanks, Nick for the catch-up comments. I'm always open to suggestions.

Snow arrived during the night and woke up in a winter wonderland yesterday morning. Quickly grabbed the camera and went outside before too many footprints on the snow. Luckily the sun was out just over the horizon too.

Week 05 - Cold

Cold by Stan, on Flickr

More on my Flickr page

Lovely landscape image with nice light . Can't help but wonder where the path leads to.

Nicely caught with good light and composition. Did you by any chance try it in portrait mode too, I'm wondering if that might have work well to get more height of the trees (not a criticism, an alternative view)

Great capture. A poster shot for sure. Great colours with the early morning sun.

Thanks, Bob.

Nicely caught with good light and composition. Did you by any chance try it in portrait mode too, I'm wondering if that might have work well to get more height of the trees (not a criticism, an alternative view)

Cheers, Lindsay. Good suggestion but unfortunately I haven't. Maybe too much distortion with a wide angle lens.

I really like this, lovely light and very well balanced.

Nicely done. Great winter landscape and the trees either side give a nice leading line through the image

I really like this, lovely light and very well balanced.

Winter Wonderland indeed, what a beautiful image Stan with very nice lighting and the colours really go well together.

Thanks, Jim and Dave. I was lucky with the sun making the appearance at the time.

Nicely done. Great winter landscape and the trees either side give a nice leading line through the image

Thanks, Ian. I think that vanishing point in the distance has that mysterious feel about it and makes you wonder what's at the end of it as Mandy's earlier comments.

Beautiful light with the sun glancing off the small birch to the right. I really like it.

Goodness!!
A stunning image Stan!
Not sure what to add....it's fantastic!
The blue of the sky breaking through....the shaft of warm light hitting the right hand side....the little fenced tree in the distance that draws your eye along the path....the amazing detail in the branches and the snow....all perfect!
Masterful!!(y)

Goodness!!
A stunning image Stan!
Not sure what to add....it's fantastic!
The blue of the sky breaking through....the shaft of warm light hitting the right hand side....the little fenced tree in the distance that draws your eye along the path....the amazing detail in the branches and the snow....all perfect!
Masterful!!(y)

Wow, thanks very much Gareth for the nice words. I'm familiar with that lane and I know exactly where I wanted to be when the snowy wintry scene presented in front of me I'm just lucky for being there at the right time.

Back