weekly rpn's 2019 Project 52 Week 52 - OUT-TAKES Added and COMPLETED

Crowd
Blue and fluorescent yellow seem to be the colours of the day there. It's certainly crowded.

Decay
It's a cracking shot.

I've been rubbish at staying up to date, Stan, but it has been a pleasure catching up with your thread again.

Entrance is an interesting structure, full of lovely rusty textures and the shadows at the side add some extra interest.
Young has gentle colours with the OOF background complementing the colours of the stem, and is beautifully composed - a very restful image,
Food is really clever, very well executed and the square crop is a good choice. Definitely abstract :claps:
Smooth is the kind of image I had in mind when I tried mine and I will go back with a filter and tripod rather than just resting the camera on the rocks! This is a perfect example.
Above - two really good images and either would be perfect, but I just prefer the second because of the lights; it's an unusual angle and works really well.
Hot - clever image, perfect for the theme and interesting to read how you created it.
Light - some excellent images! I have seen some like this before and they are always fascinating. I especially like the combination of different colours.
Crowd - the predominance of blue in the scene seems to underline just how many people are there, and the focus draws your eye in. I hope I can find as many people this week!
Decay - two cracking images. I just prefer the first for the reasons others have given above, but the second is also very strong with a closer view of a more solid wall of rusty metal and the underwater details too (y)

Both of your images for the decay theme are amazing Stan!
I think I prefer the first, though that doesn't mean I don't like the second!
Fantastic use of long exposure and the composition is perfect....and those colours?...marvellous!
Great work indeed!:clap:

Fantastic couple of images for Decay Stan, I actually love them both and cant choose between either!

Either works well for me Stan. What cracking images. You've exceeded the brief marvelously and these are exceptional

First one for me Stan, lovely colours and plenty of detail

Thanks, Pete.

Both of your images for the decay theme are amazing Stan!
I think I prefer the first, though that doesn't mean I don't like the second!
Fantastic use of long exposure and the composition is perfect....and those colours?...marvellous!
Great work indeed!:clap:

Thanks so much, Gareth for your in-depth critiques and much appreciated.

Fantastic couple of images for Decay Stan, I actually love them both and cant choose between either!

Thanks, Daniel.

Either works well for me Stan. What cracking images. You've exceeded the brief marvelously and these are exceptional

Cheers, Ian and pleased you like the shots.

Both work for me though I am leaning towards the second one I think

Both images for Decay are absolutely stunning Stan. If you twisted my arm I would say I prefer the second shot but it is very close. Both are beautiful photos.

Hi Stan, I am soo far behind with commenting I've decided to just go back 5 images for each person, otherwise I will be here all week!!

Smooth - I like the anchor point of the bollard thing in the foreground and the effect on the sea is very nice, like fog sitting on the water
Above - I really like this, the lights on the plane are very effective. I like both but prefer the one with just the plane
Hot - Great idea! The chilli really stands out against the black bg. I assume you added the smoke in photoshop
Light - This is great. Have had a go at this but only taking the picture not spinning as well! The one with the smaller old inside is fantastic
Crowd - Very colourful. I like that they are mostly in blue and then the bright spots of dayglo colours. The guy puffing out his cheek mid-right also caught my eye
Decay - What a shame such rubbish is left to spoil what looks like a lovely view. Oh well it made a good picture anyway. I prefer the first one, a bit more orange in the sky gives it a little warmer feel.

Just looked back and realised I've done 6 themes lol. Brucey bonus fo you :D

Just a simple snapshot from me for this week. Chilling in my apartment in Cyprus, went out for a drive about the other day and came across this small vineyard near a winery.

Week 20 - Snappers Choice (Something Green)

Statos Kolios Winery by Stan, on Flickr

Great choice for the week Stan, can't argue with those leading lines eh!

Nicely done Stan, as said, nice leading lines, great backdrop and a little touch of envy from me ;)

Hi Stan, you found a perfect spot for your Crowd choice, the whole image is crammed to edges with interest, very eye catching.
I think I buck the trend on decay because my favourite is the second one, I really like the composition it contains so much detail, and the metal is catching a lovely light.
Snappers choice, POV is spot on and the rolling hills in the distance give it a real sense of perspective.

Nicely done Stan, as said, nice leading lines, great backdrop and a little touch of envy from me ;)

Thanks, Ian. I took one without the backdrop too but feel this one has more perspective.

Good shot Stan, the greens are nice and green and not too bright and like the Dof in the image too.

Thanks, Dave.

Hi Stan, you found a perfect spot for your Crowd choice, the whole image is crammed to edges with interest, very eye catching.
I think I buck the trend on decay because my favourite is the second one, I really like the composition it contains so much detail, and the metal is catching a lovely light.
Snappers choice, POV is spot on and the rolling hills in the distance give it a real sense of perspective.

Thanks, Susie very the catch-up comments.

Nice leading lines using the grape vines, could do with more background for them to lead to, but you get the point for the green part of the theme.

Pete

Fab loaf shot - but yes - bacon is compulsory :D

I like the angle on this one, it's differnet and really works well. Good colours and the subject fills the frame nicely.

Fab loaf shot - but yes - bacon is compulsory :D

Thanks, Dave. Can't get nice crispy British bacon here in Cyprus.

I like the angle on this one, it's differnet and really works well. Good colours and the subject fills the frame nicely.

Thanks, Jim.

Back