weekly sr1867 ~ 52 ~ 2015

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
Right I can't resist I'm going to do this again. I must be mad :help:
I finished last year albeit under the radar.
I nearly quit so many times. Did way too many catch ups and totally lost the plot with regards to commenting I just got so lost with it all I just gave up. So apologies to all the class of 2014 for that.

So New Year. New Start. Comment more.

Right here goes! Lets start by breaking the pattern with so many really strong images I have decided to start weak and build up to totally mediocre by week 52.

I have decided to start my 52 in the same place where I took my last picture of my 2014 challenge. So its a poor mobile phone shot (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.)

Week 0 ~ Patterns by sr_1867, on Flickr

Definitely lots of patterns in there, I think a slightly different angle might have been better as I find the straight line between all the seats a third from the left a touch distracting, I do like the colours though.

John

Welcome back Simon!
And if you're not mad already, just wait until you get to week 52 of year 2 :LOL:

Definitely fits the theme and I like the choice of subject and strong colour.
I think I'd prefer it if it had been either shot exactly straight on to the front row of seats or at a more pronounced angle though. As it is, it's just slightly off the level and I keep finding myself tilting my head to compensate.

Nice colour and start, not sure if I see the line as a distraction or not, as it makes my eyes follow the line up then notice diagonal rows leading off to the top right which is leading me to explore the whole image.

I like the colour and repeating patterns you've got here, but I wonder if it might have been stronger, if you'd taken a step to the left, so you'd have a rising, repeating pattern both left and right, in a sort of fan shape.

All valid points I totally agree with it was my first idea for the theme and it was a bit of a quick grab pic as the stadium was emptying so had to crop a bit tighter than I wanted to.

Right I'm expecting a busy week so I'm going early with my first idea SOOC.

Hear no see no speak no. Ignorance is Bliss

Week 01 ~ Bliss
by sr_1867, on Flickr

Hi Simon,

I like your patterns shot, but I agree with the comments about symmetry.

Bliss - I like your thinking! and a good shot too

Damn! you're quick off the mark.

Sorry I missed your opening (Practice) shot some how,
I like that idea, interesting vertical and diagonal patterns all in one.

And that's also a clever idea for the "real thing"
Ignorance is indeed bliss (y)

Re: Patterns - I think that's a decent shot especially if it was taken with a phone. Well done.

Re: Bliss, nice one Simon :) Cracking idea for a bloomin' difficult theme... very smart.
I like your lighting - could perhaps do with a spot more exposure but it has a quasi light-painted look about it, which works. I wonder if a huge amount of black negative space would work as well? I've had a play but not sure: http://i.imgur.com/Fp0mtyF.jpg
Great take and well done for being so quick off the mark... pressure's off for a week :)

Wow, Simon, that was quick.

Good idea and works well. Perhaps it could do with a little more space around the figures, as they look a little cramped.

Re: Patterns - I think that's a decent shot especially if it was taken with a phone. Well done.

Re: Bliss, nice one Simon :) Cracking idea for a bloomin' difficult theme... very smart.
I like your lighting - could perhaps do with a spot more exposure but it has a quasi light-painted look about it, which works. I wonder if a huge amount of black negative space would work as well? I've had a play but not sure: http://i.imgur.com/Fp0mtyF.jpg
Great take and well done for being so quick off the mark... pressure's off for a week :)

Cheers Paul. I like what you have done with that.

Wow! Quick stuff!! cute little fellas..... The way it's lit makes me imagine them sitting in front of a tv watching a horror film [emoji23]
Good theme spin .....and I agree with some of the others - more space would enhance the overall feel for me.

Jeez that was quick and i thought one of the first ones up would be the ol Strawberries and Cream.
Great against the Black background..

Hi Simon

Like all the blue seats ... and the way the centre is off centre ... a different take on the old 2:3 rule.

Bliss ... not sure I get it ... but the super edit works for me.

gee you were quick off the mark well done. Sometimes you need to just shoot what comes into the head.

Hi again Simon ... good to see you here :)

Patterns ...not sure about the angle but I love the colour of those seats ...maybe something a bit more abstract.

Bliss ....I love this one ...what a great idea, well done to you. Must admit the edit gives it an extra something ... it even seems to change the expression on the faces ...a really smashing start .

Hi, bliss, what a cracking object. I really like the expressions on their faces. The faux light painting works well for me. Not sure which I prefer, I like the close up one because it emphasises the detail., but the wider submission add a sense of isolation.

All in all, I'll opt for the original.

Cheers.

Like the Bliss picture, especially the second one. In fact as far as the second one is concerned I'd quite like to see the figures tucked away even more into the corner with a massive black expanse to the right -- I have no idea why. :)

Welcome back Simon. Still no idea where your team play, but I won't hold the wrong colour seats against you :p Two good shots to start with - the edited version of Bliss gives the image more oomph and makes them look as if they are in a really dark scary place where they are definitely better off remaining in ignorance of whatever might be lurking in the shadows! :clap:

Really clever take on the them (y)
I got the reference to 'bliss' straight away.

the edited version of Bliss gives the image more oomph and makes them look as if they are in a really dark scary place where they are definitely better off remaining in ignorance of whatever might be lurking in the shadows! :clap:

And I completely echo the above comment.

A lovely simple shot which definitely benefits hugely from the negative space in the edit.

Fantastic starters ! like the effect with the bears, I wouldn't have thought of doing a shot like that, but it works really well, and that's what's great about this challenge, I've learned loads already. :)
All the best with the rest of the challenge ! looking forward to your future entries. (y)

The chairs are on theme, and the deep blue is nice. Great idea for bliss, a connection that passed me by. The edit works really well, the space letting it breath. Nice subdued light in on the figures too.

Hi Simon

Great start to your 52, like the pattern and your bliss ideas. Only 51 left to go!
;)

Back