weekly Susiejb 52 in 2015 Christmas ...and that's me finished for 2015

Yayyyyy...good to see you diving back in again Susie :wave:

Hi Susie, a lovely couple of shots. I've been trying to decide between them for a while, and it's #1 for me - purely because I like the way the colours work together :)

Hi, that I like. I prefer #2 mainly due to the red and how it changes to white across the photograph. Quite like the frame and also like it with just a black border.

Just to add, the first few weeks of the TP52 can be mental, trying to comment on 80+ submissions can be very taxing. What I intend to do is for the first few weeks comment on what I consider to be the best submission for the previous month. Once numbers dwindle, which they unfortunately will, I'll comment on more. Of course, I would not expect you to comment on all my submissions (y)

Cheers.

Hi, that I like. I prefer #2 mainly due to the red and how it changes to white across the photograph. Quite like the frame and also like it with just a black border.

Just to add, the first few weeks of the TP52 can be mental, trying to comment on 80+ submissions can be very taxing. What I intend to do is for the first few weeks comment on what I consider to be the best submission for the previous month. Once numbers dwindle, which they unfortunately will, I'll comment on more. Of course, I would not expect you to comment on all my submissions (y)

Cheers.

Hi Andy ...a familiar face :) It's hard to choose I think ...but I do really like the red and black too.

I 'm trying to comment on everyone this first week, but I agree it won't be possible for a while after after that ...will just have to see how it goes.

I prefer Number 2, especially if you rotate it 90 degrees clockwise. You then get a "three Wise Kings" image appearing towards the bottom left of the image...unless of course that was how it started out in life? Amazing how your imagination can run riot with an abstract picture. Keep me guessing with your images please.

Two great Images to kickstart the challenge off with, I love the first one the colours go well together for me. It sure does look like a messy buisness, but fun looking as well. I haven't had a go yet with marbling inks, looking forward to seeing what else you have to offer.

I prefer Number 2, especially if you rotate it 90 degrees clockwise. You then get a "three Wise Kings" image appearing towards the bottom left of the image...unless of course that was how it started out in life? Amazing how your imagination can run riot with an abstract picture. Keep me guessing with your images please.

Thanks David ...I did keep rotating that one deciding which way up to have it ...I love abstract and creative, and generally making a mess o_O

Two great Images to kickstart the challenge off with, I love the first one the colours go well together for me. It sure does look like a messy buisness, but fun looking as well. I haven't had a go yet with marbling inks, looking forward to seeing what else you have to offer.

Thanks Mandy ...the marbling inks were my son's at school and he's 31 now :) they've just about run out ...you only need a tiny drop and not too much water to get a good effect. You can get them on eBay so I'm getting some more ordered.

Love these and really don't want to choose between the two as I like them both for different reasons. I think the 2nd one would look even better rotated 90 degree CW as i keep craning my neck to look at it like that. Well done :clap::clap:

Two great shots susie, I actually thought the second one was a close up of a glass of coke. I've got a preference for the first, the pattern almost reminds me of something from childhood but I can't quite remember what :thinking:

Two very nice images to start :)
Love the colours and patterns that are in there. :)

Two very nice images of the theme.
No1 reminds me of a map showing the contours of the sea,sand and land.
No 2 does in fact when rotated look like the three wise men.

No 1 has the edge for me though, just love the colours. Both look like marbled glass. So well done.

Love these and really don't want to choose between the two as I like them both for different reasons. I think the 2nd one would look even better rotated 90 degree CW as i keep craning my neck to look at it like that. Well done :clap::clap:

Two great shots susie, I actually thought the second one was a close up of a glass of coke. I've got a preference for the first, the pattern almost reminds me of something from childhood but I can't quite remember what :thinking:

Lovely colours and a great take on the theme, cracking start to the 52.

Absolutely beautiful Susie, I love both of them.
Sounds like it was great fun creating them and cleaning the sink afterwards is a small price to pay.

You're off to a flying start, really looking forward to what you come up with in week 1.

Looks like fun! 2 pretty cool images there susie, both work very well, perhaps choosea 3rd and make a triptych of them.

Two very nice images to start :)
Love the colours and patterns that are in there. :)

Two very nice images of the theme.
No1 reminds me of a map showing the contours of the sea,sand and land.
No 2 does in fact when rotated look like the three wise men.

No 1 has the edge for me though, just love the colours. Both look like marbled glass. So well done.

Thank you very much everyone .... perhaps I should have rotated the second one ...it does look like the three wise men doesn't it !

Sarah ...I'm rather liking my sink with a hint of blue it's quite attractive :cool:

@michael23 ...as the footy is on the telly I've had a bash at a tryptich and I quite like it.

Susie that first picture the green/blue/black is stunning :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge not that you need any

Hi Susie.....

cracking pair of abstracts there but #2 gets my vote...love the colors :clap: & since I read @pjm1 comments about eye's & nose I can now see a little dog in there....ye god's I need a holiday :D

:) I know the feeling .... more visitors this weekend but then I actually get a short break away on Dartmoor. Glad you like the shots ...and good to see you here again.

welcome back Susie

sorry can't see any pattern, but never mind, as non patterns go, #1 is beautiful.

Love the colour in these, can't choose between the two. Atm 1 is my favourite, yet turn the 2nd horizontal with the whiter areas at the top and it changes it completely for me. Great idea and results.

Wow, these are actually quite stunning! Well done (y) I like #1 as there seems to be a bit more space around the main streaks/blobs which I quite like.

Great to see you back Susie :D Fantastic marbling shots to start off with - loving the colours in the first one, it puts me in mind of an ultra-abstract Picasso and the mono conversion of the last one really brings out the shapes and patterns :clap:

With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck for the rest of the year.

Back