weekly Susiejb 52 in 2018 LOW

Phew I've made it ....better late than never. This is literally the first time I've been on this computer since November, I even forgot my password for my Flickr account!
Kicking off with a shoehorn ...start as I mean to go on :) I've combined My Area with Gate for week one ... here is wonderful Watergate Bay, this is where I go for my local walk and I never tire of this wonderful view.
Huge apologies for my lack of comments, I really hope I can get stuck in from now on, at least I've made a start.

WaterGATE Bay by Susiejb, on Flickr

HI Susie

Really nice image for Gate/My Area and something a bit different. There's some lovely lighting and detail in there.

Great landscape photo, well composed and good light if a bit hazy in the background (y) And not even a shoehorn!

Very nice Watergate Bay shot Ma’am, with some good foreground detail.(y)

“Looking forward to seeing your next shots”

George.

HI Susie

Really nice image for Gate/My Area and something a bit different. There's some lovely lighting and detail in there.

Thanks Mark, I took it last Thursday and it was a glorious day.

Great landscape photo, well composed and good light if a bit hazy in the background (y) And not even a shoehorn!

Thanks Bernd ....it was a very misty day last week, the sun was shining but there was quite a haze over the sea.

Good to see you back Susie and a nice image to start

Thanks Allan :)

Not a shoehorn, your area is Watergate Bay so both nicely on theme and welcome back too Susie, a lovely scenic shot.

Thanks Dave .... it’s definitely one of my favourite walks.

Very nice Watergate Bay shot Ma’am, with some good foreground detail.(y)

“Looking forward to seeing your next shots”

George.

Hi George ....how nice to see you ... thank you for looking in.

Great to see you back with us again Susie, first shot is good one, so sets the bar for the rest of the year.... ;)

Ah susie you're back at long last. Hope all's well. :kiss:

And you're off ... one for the price of two, tut. but it looks gorgeous, like the inclusion of the FG grass. (y)

Last edited:
Good photo and two birds with one stone, nicely shoe-horned (y)

Glad to see you've made it across the start line Susie. I was beginning to worry that you'd managed to escape the madhouse.
For me, I find it an interesting artistic choice to focus on the foreground at the expense of those cool looking rollers, but respect that it's your photo so your choice :)
I do really like the hue of the blues you've captured.

Welcome back Susie... starting as you mean to go on... woo hoo :banana:

Thank yoooo DK

Nice looking Photo Susie. Good to get 2 in 1

Pete.

Thanks for looking in Pete.

Great to see you back with us again Susie, first shot is good one, so sets the bar for the rest of the year.... ;)

Thanks Mark ...I just need to get into the old routine now!

Ah susie you're back at long last. Hope all's well. :kiss:

And you're off ... one for the price of two, tut. but it looks gorgeous, like the inclusion of the FG grass. (y)

Hi d000d ....yes everything’s slowly getting sorted out thanks. Must admit I do love that view.

Good photo and two birds with one stone, nicely shoe-horned (y)

Thanks Chris ....hopefully there on be too many more S-H.

Glad to see you've made it across the start line Susie. I was beginning to worry that you'd managed to escape the madhouse.
For me, I find it an interesting artistic choice to focus on the foreground at the expense of those cool looking rollers, but respect that it's your photo so your choice :)
I do really like the hue of the blues you've captured.

Hi Tim ...noooooo I’m still here :) it was my longest lens and I didn’t think I’d get the detail in the waves, considering it was only January that blue was a bonus.

Beautiful view love the blues

Thank you for looking in :)

Just about keeping up, I went into town yesterday trying to find something interesting for People without much success, as I was driving home I had to stop while the lovely young man on the scooter and his friend, who unfortunately I didn't manage to get into the photo, held up the traffic for this old chap to cross with his wheelbarrow. Not the best composition but I feel it just captures something about how thoughtful young people can be, and how resilient our old folk are, he goes all around town with that wheelbarrow and its often full of garden tools!

People Week 2 TP by Susiejb, on Flickr

I like your people photo, that poor hunched over man with his wheelbarrow... Works well in B&W, but I find the background a bit busy, maybe a tighter crop?

Nice silhouette for stark, that is indeed a stark contrast. I like all the details in the fence!

Two nice submissions Susie the first because of the story and the second for the contrast even the fence stands out

Hi Susie,

People - I think you've captured the essence of street right there with your people shot, it tells a story.
Quite gritty with the ISO you needed to use for the conditions, which I think helps add to the feel.

Stark - Why do I see a woman standing facing into the wind, with her arms raised holding pom poms in this shot?
I'm sure Freud would have something to say about that.

Love the people image - very good that you spotted it and got the shot

I like your people photo, that poor hunched over man with his wheelbarrow... Works well in B&W, but I find the background a bit busy, maybe a tighter crop?

Nice silhouette for stark, that is indeed a stark contrast. I like all the details in the fence!

Hi Susie, Im with B on this...the people shot BG is very busy, but the content is good, and as B said, the fence adds interest to stark....

Good "street" telling a story ... I agree about cropping some off the top. And the silhouetted fence and palm works well. (y)

People, well spotted for the theme and certainly a good story, I found when shooting for the people theme that it was hard to get interesting scenes with the people in good light, I guess it needs the patience of a wildlife ‘tog.

Stark works well for the theme, good silhouette and interesting shapes

What a great image for people Susie such a nice story behind it too. The B&W works really well

And Stark is very striking indeed great silhouette I really like that.

Back