Notice TP 52'ers 2018 Challenge. Discussion thread Week 52 see the spoiler #2351

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks boss ... hopefully I can find some rural in this urban jungle.

You can't displease all the people all the time... :)
But I always give it my best shot ...
( Had you noticed Chris? :D )

Oh dear, this is worse than last week. Rural -- I live on the edge of Bodmin Moor, there are sheep and cows everywhere, birds nesting, bumblebees, honeybees, wilderness, craggy hills, deep wooded valleys and country pubs galore -- last week I had no choice, this week I can't decide; such dilemmas, just awful. :banana:

I haven't been around for a while (well, on the 52). This is the worst time of year for me, mega busy with work, weekends taken up with horse stuff and only really using the camera for the things I like to photograph. I really like the 52, but sometimes it seems to consume all of my photography energy and I forget about enjoying it. It's so much harder when a theme turns up that doesn't immediately inspire me and I just really struggle to keep motivated.
Well I'm 3 weeks behind plus this weeks theme, but I've got two themes done and I'll work on getting the other 2 done over the next couple of days.

I haven't been around for a while (well, on the 52). This is the worst time of year for me, mega busy with work, weekends taken up with horse stuff and only really using the camera for the things I like to photograph. I really like the 52, but sometimes it seems to consume all of my photography energy and I forget about enjoying it. It's so much harder when a theme turns up that doesn't immediately inspire me and I just really struggle to keep motivated.
Well I'm 3 weeks behind plus this weeks theme, but I've got two themes done and I'll work on getting the other 2 done over the next couple of days.

In between helping mum and staying in and around town I have not had a chance to get a rural shot. I have one from my Canon days, but do hope I can take a more up to date one and for the themes that come up. This years 52 I have to say I have struggled with some of the themes, but at the moment I am trying to enjoy my photography by taking busker shots.

I have struggled with some of the themes,
Of course you have, so has everyone else, ( I hope) 'cause I'm a git like that :D

It can't be helped, Dominic, and it's good that you're sticking with it. I think we all go through spells where we're less motivated, or too busy, or simply get stuck on a theme and fall behind. I told myself I wouldn't let the latter happen to me this year, but I've just completed a four theme catch-up after getting grounded on Match, then struggling with Musical and Hard. Feeling re-energised now though, so hopefully you will hit your stride again :)

It can't be helped, Dominic, and it's good that you're sticking with it. I think we all go through spells where we're less motivated, or too busy, or simply get stuck on a theme and fall behind. I told myself I wouldn't let the latter happen to me this year, but I've just completed a four theme catch-up after getting grounded on Match, then struggling with Musical and Hard. Feeling re-energised now though, so hopefully you will hit your stride again :)

100% Agree on what Andrea says, it is good to see you sticking to it. I made a promise to my self that Yes life and other things can and do slow us down and we can`t changed that at all but what I can change is..... Instead of just running around helping my mum then rushing to take a shot for the theme, I will carry on helping mum but then if and when I get a chance to use the camera I can take my time to get the shot taken and put in just like I did for the rural theme. As I know I will be busy this week, so I am cool with that plus the busking shots have helped me a hell of a lot to chill out and take it all easy.

Ok What Bright spark thought up this weeks theme?

I'm sure we had Dark last year, so it makes sense to have Bright this year.

I'm sure we had Dark last year, so it makes sense to have Bright this year.
week 11 2017 :)

And its fitting for the longest day too (y)

I am really sorry folks, but today my heart was totally ripped out. Not once but twice, my brother who I have helped for many years even going to prison for him decided to commit suicide today, then I I got a phone call saying my son killed himself while on hoilday. My head is right up my arse at this time and I dont know what the f to do, my mum myself and wife are in bits, I was out today enjoying my self and now my whole world has come crashing down. Again I am sorry but I really have to do some sorting things out.

I don't know what to say Dave, my thoughts are with you and your family

I am really sorry folks, but today my heart was totally ripped out.
I'm stunned Dave, !!!
I'm really sorry to hear about this, I don't know what else to say :(

Christ Dave. Like Tilly, Andrea and Chris have said, I there is nothing I can say.
You need to do whatever you need to do, but remember we're here when you need some friendly ears to shout/rant/cry to/at.

hey man
open_arms.gif

Dreadful news Dave. As the others have said we're all thinking of you. Keep coming back here when it helps; take care of yourself.:(

Just having a bit of a catch up to see what’s what with the themes, I’ve still got 3 themes to do, I’m hoping tomorrow I can get out on my motorbike for the first time in a long time since my bike accident which was two years ago now. I’m feeling a little emotional today after going to watch Deadpool 2 with my youngest daughter and it was hard to say good bye at the end of contact.

@Dave70D I’m at a total loss at what to say to your tragic news, my heartfelt sympathies go out to you and your family.

Sorry folks, I am going to have to bail out, I am too far behind and just don't have enough time to catch up....too much going on at the moment.

Sorry folks, I am going to have to bail out, I am too far behind and just don't have enough time to catch up....too much going on at the moment.
No worries Jon, I bailed ages ago, :D there are always a few that drop out for various reasons. Maybe next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back