Notice TP 52'ers 2018 Challenge. Discussion thread Week 52 see the spoiler #2351

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Me

Keep going, this is my first year.
Keep commenting, it's what it's all about. Don't get ar*ed if you don't like the comments, ignore them. If you like them reply or even push the Like button.
We all get short of time, do what you can.
I'm dyslexic so I find it hard to comment, but I do and they may be short and perhaps sharp, but that is me, and I'm trying to help with MY OPINION be that right or wrong.

Pete

This is my 5th year of taking part in 52's and still enjoying it as much as my very first year, always looking forward to every Saturday/Friday/Thursday for the new theme. Agree the feel this year is different from last few years maybe it's just fewer people taking part. Discussion about commenting always get bought up but this year seems to get repeat more often.

I like and want to finish this year's 52 and still prefer to have a new theme get posted every Thursday. Could be interesting to see how many people, new and old, wants to take part in next years 52's, if there's one and I can't see any reasons why not.

Sorry I haven't been around much. I did a full round of commenting 2/3 weeks ago but my own snapping has been very bitty for a couple of months. I've had some unexpected demands on my time and energy so photography has taken a far back seat, but I'm planning on a full catch-up this week and then aim to keep up for the rest of the year. I think I have something for most of the images and have processed a couple but want to post them in order.

I very much want the 52 to continue. I think we have seen an unusually high number of regulars dropping out this year, which is a real shame as the discussion on this thread and commenting on others' threads adds a lot to the whole community feel of what is a personal challenge.

More than anything though, I feel you can only expect to get out what you put in and I was nonplussed by the whole 'tit for tat' discussion. I love to look at everyone's threads and to offer my amateurish feedback on their images, and I really appreciate any comments on my own efforts. I also make sure to acknowledge the comments that someone has taken the time to think about and write. However, knowing that we are all balancing demands on our time, I would not expect endless repeat visits and comments on my images if I wasn't putting something back.

I hope that next year some of the old regulars might return, and hopefully more of the new starters will stick around too. I do agree that we seem to miss Dean @Dark Knight's gentle chivvying and updates.

I am staying in, will deal with the insults myself. I enjoy the 52 too much to and feel its really improving my photography.

Could be interesting to see how many people, new and old, wants to take part in next years 52's, if there's one and I can't see any reasons why not.
I'll certainly start the threads, and "see what happens"
or Chris can @sirch if he wants too :)
( or anyone else for that matter? )

I feel you can only expect to get out what you put in and I was nonplussed by the whole 'tit for tat' discussion.
My point(s) exactly (y)

You're not letting that one go are you :D
The offer's there mate, if you fancy it ...
No problem if you don't want to though, just have a think and let me know (y)

I don't think I saw the thread that Roger is talking about (and probably glad I didn't).
Just the usual "kids stuff" ... no name's ;)
That's what I like about the 52 crowd, no hassles no ego's and none of the other s*** that floats around some of the forums (y)

Just the usual "kids stuff" ... no name's ;)
That's what I like about the 52 crowd, no hassles no ego's and none of the other s*** that floats around some of the forums (y)

:beer: :beer: :beer: f*** you snakey

I might of have a crap few months, but when I do something it normally comes in THREE. This is my second 52 and yes some has been hard for reasons as you know, but I say BRING ON WEEKLY 52 2019 as that will be my 3rd on the trot :)

Changed your mind Dave :p

On a serious note we had a discussion ages ago where people just wanted to change the day the subject was announced :wacky: like that makes a difference,

it works if people contribute, its that simple.

It is interesting looking around the forum how little photography is actually posted and the small amount of interest it generates, there are actually some stunning pictures being posted that mostly get ignored. The 52 really is by far the most prolific thread showing actual pictures posted. Looked around the other forums and they are all pretty much the same but without something like the 52. Still when there are truly exceptional photos like the Nebular recently posted then it does generate some interest but most of the time it appears people are more concerned about the size of their sensor and whether they can see it in a mirror!
I have never been in a camera club has anyone here experience of them, do they actually encourage taking pictures or is it more gear heads?
Thinking of joining one.

It is interesting looking around the forum how little photography is actually posted and the small amount of interest it generates, there are actually some stunning pictures being posted that mostly get ignored. The 52 really is by far the most prolific thread showing actual pictures posted. Looked around the other forums and they are all pretty much the same but without something like the 52. Still when there are truly exceptional photos like the Nebular recently posted then it does generate some interest but most of the time it appears people are more concerned about the size of their sensor and whether they can see it in a mirror!
I have never been in a camera club has anyone here experience of them, do they actually encourage taking pictures or is it more gear heads?
Thinking of joining one.

I have noticed the general lack of Images posted recently, maybe its the time of year, or not wanting to be old fashioned and using a DSLR. ( I have nothing against mirrorless, my Canon G11 does not have one.) That Nebular Photo is amazing and a hell of a lot of dedication, time and euipment went into making it. She knows how to get results.

I used to go to a photo club but found it was just competitions (Some of the photo where stunning) all the time and very little sharing of ideas and techniques. I believe it is now run by other people and I have just check the website and it appears to now offer more, so when they restart I may pop along if its on a day I'm free.

Pete

Thinking of joining one.

I think this has always been a great resource for people wanting to discuss and research gear; I know I found TP initially when searching for information online and liked it so much I stayed :) There do seem to be fewer photos at the moment but I wonder if it's because people are out creating images but not getting around to processing many. I have a backlog of images that I want to PP but haven't had time yet, so maybe there will be more images once the evenings get colder and darker. I hope so, anyway :)

As for a camera club, I rejoined our local one a couple of years ago and there is almost no gear discussion apart from perhaps when we have our mid-evening break, when a couple of guys who chase the latest and greatest will compare their shopping lists :coffee: The meetings are all about the images and the various competitions and activities.

I think this has always been a great resource for people wanting to discuss and research gear; I know I found TP initially when searching for information online and liked it so much I stayed :) There do seem to be fewer photos at the moment but I wonder if it's because people are out creating images but not getting around to processing many. I have a backlog of images that I want to PP but haven't had time yet, so maybe there will be more images once the evenings get colder and darker. I hope so, anyway :)

As for a camera club, I rejoined our local one a couple of years ago and there is almost no gear discussion apart from perhaps when we have our mid-evening break, when a couple of guys who chase the latest and greatest will compare their shopping lists :coffee: The meetings are all about the images and the various competitions and activities.
Thanks Andrea and Pete for the info on camera clubs, there are a couple where I am staying at the moment who restart their meetings in September so I think I will go along and suss it all out.

Now whats old hissy up to with a theme this week, hope it will not be rubbish!

Where is everyone, it is Thursday and no ones nagging hissy, has everyone gone off to buy a new nikon mirrorless?:popcorn:

Nikon is swearing...lol OK @Cobra theme theme theme theme and THEME please :p
52 really would be over if no one pestered him with fangs on a Thursday!

You REALLY don't want to seem do his thing :eek: it was bad enough when he kept posting shots of monkey anatomy...

Ok I worded that wrong. but

I'm still waiting and have managed to take, edit and post my theme for last week, so I'm upto date.

Still waiting...

has everyone gone off to buy a new nikon mirrorless?:popcorn:
(n) :p

52 really would be over if no one pestered him with fangs on a Thursday!
I'd post it anyway, I'm forever talking to myself, I'm the only one I get any sense out of (y)
it was bad enough when he kept posting shots of monkey anatomy...
A Mandrills "member" If you please :D

Still waiting...
That'll be you and Dianna Ross then :D

OK OK I can take a hint Give me a few minutes to find my crystal ball ...

I am the ALL seeing eye, Dark will do for me.
And I know that you never cheated, I didn't put the title theme up until I posted in here :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back