TP 52'ers Class of 2016 Discussion thread Week 52 we made it! time to celebrate /( celebrations)

Folks. What are your thoughts on multiple pics being posted per week for each theme? Call me a party pooper but for me it makes it harder to post meaningful comments. I know in general a change in ruling to only 1 picture per post (even in your own thread) is not feasible, but I'd vote for that
Party Pooper :p

I f somebody posts more than one photo on their thread surly you only have to comment on one ?? Last year I posted more than one on my own thread around 9 times in the year because I wanted opinions, and 6 or 7 times out of ten the favorite shot was not the one I thought it would be, so if I feel like posting more than one in my own thread I will.

I'm with Lee on the only 1 per 'no comments' thread, that's the only thread that everyone should visit each week without fail, only in my opinion though

Oops!! I've posted two fir the first week
5 days in the stocks should cover it (y)

( don't worry about it )

question, if after some CC you retake a photo, can you post it again?...
No problem, but it' be best if you posted it in your own thread, rather than the front page, or it could start getting confusing.

Party Pooper :p

I f somebody posts more than one photo on their thread surly you only have to comment on one ?? Last year I posted more than one on my own thread around 9 times in the year because I wanted opinions, and 6 or 7 times out of ten the favorite shot was not the one I thought it would be, so if I feel like posting more than one in my own thread I will.

I'm with Lee on the only 1 per 'no comments' thread, that's the only thread that everyone should visit each week without fail, only in my opinion though

That's me... A real kill joy :)

You're right though in what you say.

Well say bye bye to 2015 threads they have now been un-stickied out with the old in with the new (y)
:wave:

Google is not always your friend with these things as there are often more than one meaning but I get your meaning :)
Yeah I agree the common ones are easy enough to keep track of, but when they run into more than 3 letters it gets tricky,
and I'm damned sure there are a few people on here that make them up as they go along anyway :D

Yeah I agree the common ones are easy enough to keep track of, but when they run into more than 3 letters it gets tricky,
and I'm damned sure there are a few people on here that make them up as they go along anyway :D

Yeah but easier than the ones at work, they are in Latin!!

Folks. What are your thoughts on multiple pics being posted per week for each theme? Call me a party pooper but for me it makes it harder to post meaningful comments. I know in general a change in ruling to only 1 picture per post (even in your own thread) is not feasible, but I'd vote for that

My experience of this:

As photographer- I have found that I got less in depth useful critique, people tend to just say which one they like best, often without even saying why!

As commenter - really? I have 76 other submissions to look at in my lunch break and you expect critique for all of those? (I feel the same about catch ups) I usually pic the most interesting one and critique that, ignoring the others. :LOL:

This doesn't include tryptics and the like as they are really one submission.

But y'know, it's all the fun of the fair and we all play by our own "rules". I'm just waffling on now... It's been a long day.

Moo :cow:

But apart from that what have the Romans done for us :D
Oh and imported Glis glis, (Edible dormouse) that they used for food, .......... destructive vermin

(although they can't take all the credit for that they had help some years later from Rothschild.) :rolleyes:

Ha! Roman Imperialist State! So what have they ever given to us? Aqueduct's.... Sanitation..... Medicine... Education... Health.... Wine.... Public baths?..... Crucifixion? Oh No! No! that was TP52:):ROFLMAO:

Is there a Flickr group for the TP 52ers? Just thought it could be a cool way to quickly view all the images throughout the year without trawling through pages on here

I think there is meant to be but it hasn't been set up yet...

There appears to be some old photos from last year in that flickr group.

I'm using https://photos.google.com and I'm not in the mood for trying to get to grips with Flickr ... having enough trouble with browsers, Firefox keeps crashing, Chrome & MS Edge are not so much fun. So what windows browser is best for this site? :confused:

s there a Flickr group for the TP 52ers?
The link to that is on the links page with everything else and also on the sign up thread :)

There appears to be some old photos from last year in that flickr group.
And some rouge ones too, its been tidied up now (y)

We have religious/religion last year!
Indeed we did, but crucifixion was the punishment of choice by the Romans, for just about everything.
So actually religion has nothing to do with it.

Always look on the bright side of life da-da, da-da, da-da, da-da, da-da, da-da, da-da da-da ...

Always look on the bright side of life da-da, da-da, da-da, da-da, da-da, da-da, da-da da-da ...
He's not the Messiah he's a very very ... Oh bloox :D

@Dark Knight. I may not be posting over the next week or so as this laptop is reporting hdd failure !
Support contacted.... But I may be down to just a tablet for a week (hopefully less), so unlikely to be able to post shots.
I will attempt to continue to abuse our Scaly master though.
Please don't stick me on the wall of shame :)

on the main image non-discussion thread could everyone peas post a link through to their own thread for commenting please....otherwise I can't be bothered to go searching, sorry!
There are a few people struggling at the "off" I'm sorting them as I find them and pointing them in the right direction, hopefully we'll get there between us (y)

I will attempt to continue to abuse our Scaly master though.
Now there's a surprise :rolleyes:

Off line you say? Hmm the next theme maybe steam trains :p

Back