Notice TP 52'ers class of 2017 discussion thread week 52 weather ( and done)

Thanks for all the support over the years folk, but I’m out. My comments have been very few so I’ll bow out gracefully.

I’ll pop by now and again.

Keep at it

Cheers.

That's a shame... again :LOL:

Week 50 ... nearly there guys:)

Have a "Plain and simple one" this week

Rustic be its name :D

Thanks for all the support over the years folk, but I’m out. My comments have been very few so I’ll bow out gracefully.

I’ll pop by now and again.

Keep at it

Cheers.

You quitting again! That's the second time you quit this year and if you quit again you get kicked out. :D

But seriously, Andy @posiview many thanks for the nice comments and encouragement over the many years we've been doing this and other projects together and I'm sure you'll be missed here. I feel sorry for Isobelle for not getting her occasionally fivers or is it tenners now?

How co-incident, I was at lunch today in an Italian............ Rustic-o

sgvO9HK.jpg

How co-incident, I was at lunch today in an Italian............ Rustic-o

That looks familiar, not sure if it was called that when I used to spend my compamy meal allowance there along with a couple of the staff from the local office, oddly the bill always came to exactly my full allowance and showed 'food and soft drink'.

That looks familiar, not sure if it was called that when I used to spend my compamy meal allowance there along with a couple of the staff from the local office, oddly the bill always came to exactly my full allowance and showed 'food and soft drink'.

It is in Aberdeen and I think it has been Italian for over 10 years and I think it was an Indo-Chinese before called Spicy Island.

It is in Aberdeen and I think it has been Italian for over 10 years and I think it was an Indo-Chinese before called Spicy Island.
That would be it. Was handy for me to entertain and then catch the Sleeper back south. Talking last century !

Last edited:
Sorry my broad shot is late it's been a busy week and the weather has been shocking which has stopped me getting out for the shot I wanted. I've got one I just need to sit and post it so it should be up over the weekend

Another one bites the dust but - knowing you - you'll be back in by the end of the week. :D

Shame you are leaving us @posiview there seem to be very few regular weekly posters left

Sorry to read that @posiview I hope you will be back as your comments are always appreciated and I enjoy your images and ideas.

Apologies to all for my recent lack of posting and commenting. It's been a busy few weeks and I'm preoccupied with a very poorly doggy too so inspiration is zero at the moment.

Sorry to hear you're leaving us @posiview, I always find your images something to aspire to, but appreciate that if the mojo has gone it's worth having a break.
Such a shame to stop with only 3 weeks left this year though :/

Have fun with your photographic adventures without us.

Pretty much what I came here to say Chris, seems to have been a big dieback this year sadly...Feels like theres only about 5-8 up to date.....

Sorry to see @posiview stopping, just want to say all the best and Thank you for the comments :)
I will finish my 52 :)

That's a shame... again :LOL:

You quitting again! That's the second time you quit this year and if you quit again you get kicked out. :D

But seriously, Andy @posiview many thanks for the nice comments and encouragement over the many years we've been doing this and other projects together and I'm sure you'll be missed here. I feel sorry for Isobelle for not getting her occasionally fivers or is it tenners now?

Thanks, all, for those that are still in the 52 make sure you finish it and more importantly, finish it having learned something (y)

Thanks, all, for those that are still in the 52 make sure you finish it and more importantly, finish it having learned something (y)

I will finish this years 52 :) What I have learnt is, enjoy my self, try my best to give others CC and take it on board my self and also to stop and think composition.

I think I might have added a comment here in the early weeks and have then spent all year chasing my tail.

Well done to all of you who have managed to keep chatting in here AND keep up to date AND make useful comments on other people's photos. Thank you for taking the time to comment on mine and I'm sorry I haven't been able to reciprocate. It's surely been an education. I've learnt something about photography and a lot about myself. It has made me step outside of my comfort zone and try other sorts of photography which is great!

I won't be joining the 52 next year because I've been so rubbish at keeping up this year, and I'm disappointed I haven't participated more in the discussions.

Thank you all for your input and I'm still hoping to finish.... is there a deadline? :D:exit:

Any chance of having the final two subjects this week, there is only about six people up to date and I for one would like to get it finished,
the inability to keep up and comment by some has been appalling this year its one picture a week and a few comments it really isn't that hard

Any chance of having the final two subjects this week, there is only about six people up to date and I for one would like to get it finished,
the inability to keep up and comment by some has been appalling this year its one picture a week and a few comments it really isn't that hard

Now that sounds a great idea, what do you say @Cobra

That is a bit harsh! Some folks do have other things to do.

I think, like most things in life, it's about getting the right balance. It is a weekly challenge and people know what they are getting into at the start, post a photo every week and comment on some other folks photos. When the majority are posting and commenting weekly, having a few people who miss a few weeks or post a big catch-up occasionally is not a problem, but for a whole variety of perfectly understandable reasons a lot of the regulars have dropped out this year and so it does feel like the balance has gone the other way.

I do think it is a shame that so many dropped out, but some had too. For me I thought a couple of times about stopping life, problems,family and helping others but I still managed to get a shot in even if it was a rushed shot. IMO if you have enough time to put your shot in, then you should put a comment on one or two :)

Any chance of having the final two subjects this week,
Now that sounds a great idea, what do you say @Cobra
TBH isn't that a little un fair on those struggling to finish, by putting even more pressure on them ?
I don' actually mind if thats what the majority want, but then its only a 51

Although its likely that Wednesday will be the new Friday, this week, as It's highly unlikely I'll have internet access until late evening / Friday PM

TBH isn't that a little un fair on those struggling to finish, by putting even more pressure on them ?

Although its likely that Wednesday will be the new Friday, this week, as It's highly unlikely I'll have internet access until late evening / Friday PM

Just reading what you put I`d like to say, sorry I jumped right in.

I don't think knowing the theme a week in advance makes it a 51. If you pull two from the bag this week and then post them and then leave it up to people if they do two this week, or one this week and one next, after all we already did that earlier in the year. Personally I don't mind either way but it does allow people who aren't able to post next week :beer: to finish in 2017 rather than Posting #52 in 2018. Besides, sorting that out in the spreadsheet will give @Dark Knight something to do in his Christmas holiday :D

I'd prefer not... Keep it a 52 week challenge. nothing stopping people who are up to date photographing anything they like, or re-visiting old themes
I'd rather, well best not comment :(

Last edited:
Personally I don't mind either way but it does allow people who aren't able to post next week :beer: to finish in 2017 rather than Posting #52 in 2018.
Valid point Chris, I suppose that'll give people that are continuing on, time to prepare for week "0"
(30/31st of the month, if I don't forget that is :D )

I'd prefer not... Keep it a 52 week challenge.

nothing stopping people who are up to date photographing anything they like, or re-visiting old themes
Another valid point Dean. as it'll "All be over" by thurs 28th anyway ;)
Although I suppose I could move it forward to Weds the 27th ...

@Cobra - For those of us who like to finish things a possible way round - post Week 51 topic in clear text and Week 52 in Rot13 code - that way those who want a surprise can wait. Fhecevfr (Rot13)

@Cobra - For those of us who like to finish things a possible way round - post Week 51 topic in clear text and Week 52 in Rot13 code - that way those who want a surprise can wait. Fhecevfr (Rot13)
I've no idea wtf that means, but I can of course add a
well you know one of these

and then of course all you lot be be like a kid at Christmas and rattle the box :D

Last edited:
Back