weekly TPDK's 52 of 2017 - Wk 49 to 52 Added and COMPLETE

And onto week one...

I had the time to go out today to get my photo this week, but on venturing out it was dull, misty and drizzling, I gave up after driving around for around an hour trying to find something :(

Soooo back hope I came up with this, my plan was to get a nice shallow DoF, some leading lines and other minor interest into the shot, surprisingly it took LOADS of shots and positions to get the right angles, DoF and minimal reflections, but still getting some descent light on the keyboard, happy with the overall result despite it being an indoor shot, but hey can't be fussy :)

Week 1 - Order

Wk 1 - Order by TP DK, on Flickr

£11,899 o_O

that's a good idea never crossed my mind you have done well with the lighting and the lack of reflections

Nicely done Dean - not a reflection in sight and the DoF works really well to direct attention. Excellent take on Order too (at that price, a His & Hers maybe ?)

Cheap at half the price hey :LOL:

that's a good idea never crossed my mind you have done well with the lighting and the lack of reflections
Thanks Allan :)

Nicely done Dean - not a reflection in sight and the DoF works really well to direct attention. Excellent take on Order too (at that price, a His & Hers maybe ?)
Thank you Carl :) - Ermmm his and hers, now that would be even more of a dream :LOL:

OMG how I wish I`d thought of that Dean, nice shot and like the pointing finger at the price too, love Wex :)
Cheers David - Yes I am rather fond of the place too, I pop in the Wex showroom to look around rather too often :D

Week 1 - Order
Will it arrive in time for the nutters meet though? that is the question :D

Clever idea Dean, as Andy said not one of your best but it certainly works (y)

A good idea and it's all there for me, I like the light on the keyboard and that is balanced well against the screen

The windmill is beautiful. I love the cool colours and the way my eye's drawn from the reeds in the foreground up to the windmill and beyond. It's like discovering the scene in real life. Lovely.

You've managed the light well in the picture of the laptop. Just a shame the Wex site isn't as pretty as your photo page.

Last edited:
You...are...LOADED :)

Push the button!!
Yeah I wish :LOL:

Hmmm, not ya best but I empathise with having an idea that does not work (y)

Cheers.
Thanks mate, I didn't think it was that bad :D

Will it arrive in time for the nutters meet though? that is the question :D
Hahaaa no mate, it may be in my basket for a few years if not indefinitely :LOL:

Clever idea Dean, as Andy said not one of your best but it certainly works (y)
Thanks Chris :)

A good idea and it's all there for me, I like the light on the keyboard and that is balanced well against the screen
Cool, Thank you Chris (y)

The windmill is beautiful. I love the cool colours and the way my eye's drawn from the reeds in the foreground up to the windmill and beyond. It's like discovering the scene in real life. Lovely.
Cool, thank you Nick :cool:

You've managed the light well in the picture of the laptop. Just a shame the Wex site isn't as pretty as your photo page.
That's nice of you to say, I agree I did try a few sites that were photographic to try and get a descent 'Add to Basket' and at the same time a ludicrous price or something similar, Wex (one of my fav places to shop) worked the best, but only in split screen :)

The exact take on the theme that my other half came up with [emoji39]
I dismissed it tbh, but wish I'd just tried it now. A very good shot, perfectly lit and of course you had to go OTT on the potential order (she recommended I find a Lamborghini to 'purchase').

Nice one, DK.

The exact take on the theme that my other half came up with [emoji39]
Haaaa ain't that odd :D
I dismissed it tbh, but wish I'd just tried it now. A very good shot, perfectly lit and of course you had to go OTT on the potential order (she recommended I find a Lamborghini to 'purchase').

Nice one, DK.
HA a lambo would have been good too - Thanks Ian :)

I can imagine that was a nightmare to shoot - it looks good to me and the vignette works well to draw attention to the bargain price :D
Thank you Em, it was harder than I first thought using natural light only... and thank you :)

I know someone will come up with an Internet Order shot. I thought you've done a good job considering the tricky conditions. My big question is DID you pressed the button. ;)
Thank you Stan :)

Yes I did push the button :D but it stayed in my basket, I certainly didn't go to 'Checkout' :crying:

Loving your windmill shots DK ... many and varied. (y)

Order ... Nice product shot, hand suspended like that says "spend, spend, spend". :)

Dean your not that wrong about the weather it has been pretty dull cold and wet, for an indoor shot I rather like it the placement of the lappy works well for me, tho I do feel there is a little something missing just cant think what it is at the moment :thinking:

Nice bit of vignetting. Probably took a lot to get this image just right. Expert bit of hand modelling too [emoji3]
Haaaa, Cool, thank you Dom :)

Dean your not that wrong about the weather it has been pretty dull cold and wet, for an indoor shot I rather like it the placement of the lappy works well for me, tho I do feel there is a little something missing just cant think what it is at the moment :thinking:
Thanks Mandy :)

You ain't kidding about the weather :( - and thank you for the comment, one thing it needs is excitement but hey a tough one to pull off with a laptop :D

Nicely done, and works great with the theme. Hope it`s not a touch screen ;)

Nicely done, and works great with the theme. Hope it`s not a touch screen ;)
Thank you Paul :)

Yes it is touch, there is a little square around my finger when it hit the screen, I tried hovering but my hand was too shaky for a shot with the slowish shutter speed, but hey, it was good to see it in my basket :D

Song Title - I was thinking Windmills of your mind when I first saw it. I like the colours as others have said very wintery.
Order - wishful thinkin huh, I like the light from the screen on the hand.

Song Title - I was thinking Windmills of your mind when I first saw it. I like the colours as others have said very wintery.
Ahhhh that's a good one Minx - thank you :)
Order - wishful thinkin huh, I like the light from the screen on the hand.
Annnnnd thank you again :)

So........is this shoehorn thing...a thing hey DK... I mean.... I sat through that pink snake having a massive Horning session last year..and no seeing the odd one from the Posiview... but for u too..and this? ... admittedly capturing the screen as well u have is awesome... but still... where's ur missus ordering u to take out the rubbish or to get ur feet off the table???

Btw.... love windmills.... but all I heard was Seasons in the sun... idk..I blame the empty bottles..

So........is this shoehorn thing...a thing hey DK... I mean.... I sat through that pink snake having a massive Horning session last year..and no seeing the odd one from the Posiview... but for u too..and this? ... admittedly capturing the screen as well u have is awesome... but still... where's ur missus ordering u to take out the rubbish or to get ur feet off the table???

Btw.... love windmills.... but all I heard was Seasons in the sun... idk..I blame the empty bottles..
Hahaaaa well, I think I follow you thee, no shoehorning malarkey going on here :whistle:

Hahaaaa for a good selection of them yes, but not as much as 'The Rhino-Snake' aka @Cobra

HA... just because of my lateral thinking does not make a shoe-horner be... and i concur.. the pink horned snake wears his crown as befitting a king ..

Annnnd here is my 'Comfort'

Taken at my Nephews birthday party, I know there are a lot of distracting elements in the shot, but I really like the expression on this little girl and feel the 'clutter' adds context of me trying to take candid photos, I was well and truly caught by her :)

(The taking of photos was all sanctioned by all the parents attending by the way)

Week 2 - 'Comfort'

Wk 2 - Comfort by TP DK, on Flickr

Back